JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's intentional. Very intentional. There is typically an advisor on site to ensure that they are not accurate. Apparently it's so a foreign nation etc will not have the proper uniform code.
Is that true? That makes a good deal if sense if it does. Ive never thought of that, it actually does aid in some level of security.

One that's always irritated me is the seemingly-magical, infinite ability to "enhance" surveillance images from completely unusable to crystal clear. I used to do photographic restoration for as a job and have even been called upon to make usable images of criminal suspects taken by surveillance cameras. It's often just not possible, and pretty much never to the extent they show. Such an unnecessary dramatic effect.

Then there's always the notion that time bombs must be defused during the last second before kaboom, never with a decent amount of time to spare.

Another I've seen a couple of times is a detective picking up a gun, sniffing at it, and concluding it had been fired recently. Kinda silly.
My ARs Always smell like they've just been fired. I shoot my AKs twice as much and they dont even smell like toasted carbon.

Why do they show even experienced LEO's chambering a round as they enter a dangerous
situation? I know, it looks cool,:rolleyes: but it's stupid.:confused: Have one chambered before you need it.
That extra second might cost your life.:(
Have one chambered before you need it. That's what I tell people the say they will scare away criminal by the sound of racking the slide on a shotgun. No one will hear my gun chamber a round. The second perp. will here a warning shot. The one that drops the first intruder. If second hostile is still around he will here the slide being racked as a new round is chambered. Unless I used my 1100 instead.

Yeah, like most here, I hate the NEVER ending ammo supply on full auto weapons. I know how long a 30 round mag lasts in an M16.
The other thing that makes me nuts is, they always rack the 12 gauge, dropping out a perfectly good round, and never run out...
Then, the new latest one, was in the new Terminator.
On the opening, parental advice banner, the term "Gunplay" was advanced. First time I have ever noticed it.

When somebody hits the cylinder release on a double action handgun, then with a flick of his wrist, flips the cylinder open, then with another flick of his wrist slams the cylinder back closed.....

I was at the theater years ago, so I can't remember the name of the movie, but one of the characters was pictured with what was obviously a Beretta 92 type handgun that switched to a 1911 type handgun in the same scene when the camera kept changing camera angles back and forth...

Gun rooms in movies:

That are way cooler than mine

kings.jpg Gray-Room-panorama.jpg Tremors-Rec-Room-Gun-Wall-Display.jpg

Bond, James Bond.

Of course since I just got back from seeing it... I might still be a bit jaded.

In the opening ... a guy has gun in hand, then doesn't. Bond has sub-gun with singlepoint sling, until the sling isn't there.
at 8 - 11 seconds has sling.
So maybe technically a Glock 17 is not a subgun ... but it does have tacti-cool bits added --
FAB Defense KPOS Glock to Carbine Conversion

Fist sized holes .... same trailer 1:03-1:04 (yes it is this hand gun causing them
Arsenal Firearms 2011 Dueller Prismatic

And
shooting down the helicopter with a PPK

Of course I have no problem with the plane going down the mountain ski slope! Go figure. (it's in the trailer too)

At least the DB5 re-appears!

Does Ursula Andress appear in multiple Bond films?
View attachment 263102
Ursula as Vespa 1967

View attachment 263103
Ursula as Honey 1962

Good Lawdy at them camel toes on Honey!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You guys are just RUINING some of my favorite movies/TV....

Reality shows are what is ruining television. I've got reality all around me, every day. I turn on the TV for my 3-5 hours a day and I want FANTASY, NOT reality, dammit!

"Reality TV" is not reality - it is low budget TV where they make up a bunch of drama with non-actors by putting them in non-realistic scenarios. It is worse than scripted TV shows because the "actors" suck and so does the script and production values. I never watch that crap- it is worse than watching professional wrestling or golf or bowling.

I watched one episode of Air Wolf and never returned. Even as a kid I new "whisper Mode" on a helicopter was bogus. Turns out later in life I would become an H53 crew chief in USAF, it was a common joke among us. And why have a rocker switch for it? Wouldn't it be best to fly all the time in whisper? Or does it use too much fuel?

"What ? ? ? I Can't HEAR
you" ! ! !

philip Member 187th Assault Helicopter Company, TayNinh, RVN

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR