JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think I've ever seen a horror/terror flick where a private citizen just happened to be carrying a defensive firearm. BOO! bang bye end
ash_boomstick.jpg

Not just a defensive firearm, but a defensive chainsaw too :D

That'd make the movie too short, and nobody would make dookie and warm lemonade in their shorts! :D
Yea I hear ya.
I remember many decades ago watching a classic highway terrorizing flick on TV with my Dad. I said, "Too bad they don't have a handgun". Dad just rolled his eyes and said loftily "You can't have a gun with you all the time". I didn't say anything but have continued to generally have a gun with me all the time for longer than I'd care to declare.

Okay, I'm not much into shot guns sooo, I don't know.......When you shoot someone in the chest with a 12 gauge from 10' away will they go flying 10' back across the room, feet a foot off the floor and smash through the door into the other room? I'm thinkin' not. That's what I hate in movies! And a lot of everything else mentioned above.

Okay, I'm not much into shot guns sooo, I don't know.......When you shoot someone in the chest with a 12 gauge from 10' away will they go flying 10' back across the room, feet a foot off the floor and smash through the door into the other room? I'm thinkin' not. That's what I hate in movies! And a lot of everything else mentioned above.
Equal and opposite reactions.

If the shooter doesn't go flying, then neither does the person being shot.

I shot a deer with a slug and it didnt react that much different than one shot with a 243. It hunched up, stumbled 20 feet and fell.

When the actor holds the pistol 2 inches in front of his face, like the following Kevin bacon crammed that pistol right in front of his face. It drove my wife and I nuts everytime we watched it, plus the cocking sound every gun aparently makes

When and if they show a SAW etc. being loaded with what looks like live ammo, 9/10 of the time they then clearly show said weapon spewing out star crimped blank brass. doh!
Probably the biggest and most common thing is that most everybody hit with anything is hit in a magic spot (invariably at a cadence of three dead guys per second per pistol) and they are dead before they hit the ground.. usually doing amazing acrobatics in the air before becoming an inert potato sack.

Actor pulls out a single action 1911 Colt pistol with the hammer down.
Actor then pulls trigger and the gun goes off, next shot shows the hammer still down.
Repeat as necessary, at least 19 times without reloading.
And, as an added bonus, the safety is left on half the time.

Since most firearm items are spoken for how about the fact to steel a car you just reach under the dash pull down wires touch them together and the car just starts. Then somehow this bypasses the steering wheel lock at the same time.
Or the whole elevator thing in movies. Ya just pry open the doors from the hall with your bare hands (not unless you are an ape or have a pry bar and then you broke the interlock and the elevator will no longer run). Also open the escape hatch from the inside (made to open from the top via fireman rescuing you) and once open elevator don't run.

I was just watching a show last night " Focus " with Will Smith in this movie as well as others it will be dead of night and all of a sudden its daylight. In this movie Will Smith arrives at a building in the end and its pitch black, as he gets out of the car it all of a sudden light outside. Seen this happen in more movies then I could count.

Another a car bounces off a bunch of cars in a car chase yet arrives in perfect condition, or when everyone wakes up with perfect hair LOL.

I was watching something just a couple of days ago and the guy appears to be pulling a bolt action rifle from the back seat. As he picks it up, it makes a shotgun racking noise -- just to be intimidating I suppose.

Thankfully it's been a while since I've seen a silenced revolver.

Unpossible hardware annoys me. It's also annoying when they have characters make inappropriate comments about the caliber of another character's firearm. "You have an AR? Are you hunting elephants?" "A .45? There won't be anything left of the guy!" "9 mil? Whoa, isn't that what the military uses?"

Most of mine come from laughing at CSI. Talk about fantasy.

One of my favorites, but you have to look for it: Lady cops wearing 4 inch or higher heels on every shoe they wear; and then fighting while wearing them. Clearing rooms, running after suspects. LOL. Spotted that once when my wife was watching one of her murder shows. Started seeing if other networks did the same. Yep. My guess is that they have to do it not so much for fashion, but for the fact that when you are 5'2" tall that you look out of proportion and even smaller standing next to your 6 foot male co star.

Another good one is the bad guy gets shot by a shot gun, followed by the bad guy flying 10 feet through a plate glass window.

Also, everyone remember the sound of tires screeching when the bad guys were being chased down a dirt road? The 1970's was full of those.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top