Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Things in Movies that Drive us Nuts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by No_Regerts, Nov 10, 2015.

1. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

Why are there hammer cocking sounds when people draw striker fired weapons in movies?

Why do they put in spool up sound effects when helicopters take off? Their engines run at full RPM, the pilot increases rotor pitch, not RPM on takeoff.

Why dont guys ragdoll when they take head shots?

2. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I love when you see semi autos lock the slide back when out of ammo, then they just start shooting again.
    Or somehow they just never run out of ammo

3. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Why do they show even experienced LEO's chambering a round as they enter a dangerous
    situation? I know, it looks cool,:rolleyes: but it's stupid.:confused: Have one chambered before you need it.
    That extra second might cost your life.:(

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Tires screeching on dirt/gravel roads.

Cars making jumps, landing, then driving away without a SINGLE wrinkle.

Booger hooks on bang switches...

5. No_Regerts

How many times can a single action gun go "click" when its empty?

Why dont slides ever lock to the rear in crucial moments, resulting in a click?

6. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

4-stroke motorcycles with 2-stroke sounds dubbed in

Always a cocking sound when a gun is used to threaten someone even moments after the same cocking sound was dubbed in

Shoes always clicking on the floor when trying to escape from a pursuer

Woman hiding from a bad guy cannot control her emotions and always has to gasp, or make muffled squealing noises

Getting shot never really hurts, only inconveniences and slightly disables the hero of the story

And last but not least, always throw away the gun after the mag is empty, and never, ever, pick up the bad guy's superior weapon after knocking him out :rolleyes:

7. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

When the hero and his team is SNEAKING up on the bad guys in a dark building/forest/cave and trying to be all quiet and shushing each other while they're all carrying huge ultra-bright flashlughts and turning night into day and also destroying their night vision.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  8. Stomper

SWAT entry teams all armored up and stacked to go into a house... yet the stars of the show go in wearing only a light weight vest, clearing rooms with their side arm.... ahead of the SWAT team. o_O :rolleyes:

9. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Aside from incorrect period guns for the supposed year setting of the movie - incorrect military uniform accouterments are probably my biggest beetch.

Caveman Jim and coyotecaller like this.
  10. Stomper

I'm often amused when I read the ribbons on the dress uniforms....

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  11. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

Actors making millions depicting crime fighting hero's who in the real world are anti-gun left wing nut jobs....

tac, BoonDocks36, Garg and 15 others like this.
  12. Stomper

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! ;)

13. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Movies like taken where the hero kills like 80 people and always only gets the token shoulder or thigh flesh wound.

14. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Guns blazing, hero enters the room and blasts away with his hand cannon at a group of bad guys.
    Mows them down and then a rocket propelled grenade crashes through a window and detonates against a wall as the hero leaps through a doorway just in the nick of time.
    The very next scene has the hero creeping through an adjoining dark and empty room and listening for the tell tale squeak of a floor board.
    I guess heavy explosions and gunfire don't impair a hero's hearing.

15. No_Regerts

He never gets nailed with any of the property damage.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  16. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Hitting a guy over the back of the head with the butt of a pistol and he drops like a dirty diaper, apparently unconscious. Really???

One flick I saw decades ago actually nailed it, and maybe else someone here will remember...

Somebody sneaks up on a guard in a south of the border stronghold and clonks him on the noggin like that. The guard drops his rifle, doubles over, grabs his head and starts screaming stuff in Spanish. Of course this earns him 10-12 more whacks in 1.5 seconds and he gets "shushed" as he finally slips to the ground. I was laughing my buttocks off.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Caveman Jim, No_Regerts and albin25 like this.
  17. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Not so much nowadays but a lot of TV and Movies made in the 70s and 80s depicted American Military with non regulation haircuts. The actor might slick it down and tuck it behind his ears but it was always obvious that the hair was too long for a real soldier.

18. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

When the detectives in a murder mystery talk about a suspect having a particular gun registered (or not registered) to them in a state where there is no gun registration - including Oregon and Wyoming (Backstrom and Longmire).

Most states do not have gun registration (well, Oregon has it now, but not officially).

Hollywood writers just assume every state has it - even California doesn't really have gun registration - not on every gun anyway.

It is like they want to send a message that every state should have registration, or to condition people to think that we do and therefore be accepting of it.

19. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a horror/terror flick where a private citizen just happened to be carrying a defensive firearm. BOO! bang bye end

20. Stomper

That'd make the movie too short, and nobody would make dookie and warm lemonade in their shorts! :D

brokenarrow and coyotecaller like this.