JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do they show even experienced LEO's chambering a round as they enter a dangerous
situation? I know, it looks cool,:rolleyes: but it's stupid.:confused: Have one chambered before you need it.
That extra second might cost your life.:(

4-stroke motorcycles with 2-stroke sounds dubbed in

Always a cocking sound when a gun is used to threaten someone even moments after the same cocking sound was dubbed in

Shoes always clicking on the floor when trying to escape from a pursuer

Woman hiding from a bad guy cannot control her emotions and always has to gasp, or make muffled squealing noises

Getting shot never really hurts, only inconveniences and slightly disables the hero of the story

And last but not least, always throw away the gun after the mag is empty, and never, ever, pick up the bad guy's superior weapon after knocking him out :rolleyes:

When the hero and his team is SNEAKING up on the bad guys in a dark building/forest/cave and trying to be all quiet and shushing each other while they're all carrying huge ultra-bright flashlughts and turning night into day and also destroying their night vision.

Last Edited:
Guns blazing, hero enters the room and blasts away with his hand cannon at a group of bad guys.
Mows them down and then a rocket propelled grenade crashes through a window and detonates against a wall as the hero leaps through a doorway just in the nick of time.
The very next scene has the hero creeping through an adjoining dark and empty room and listening for the tell tale squeak of a floor board.
I guess heavy explosions and gunfire don't impair a hero's hearing.

Hitting a guy over the back of the head with the butt of a pistol and he drops like a dirty diaper, apparently unconscious. Really???

One flick I saw decades ago actually nailed it, and maybe someone else here will remember it too...

Somebody sneaks up on a guard in a south of the border stronghold and clonks him on the noggin like that. The guard drops his rifle, doubles over, grabs his head and starts screaming in Spanish. Of course this earns him 10-12 more whacks in 1.5 seconds and a finger to the lips "shhhh" as he finally slips to the ground. I was laughing my buttocks off.

Last Edited:
Not so much nowadays but a lot of TV and Movies made in the 70s and 80s depicted American Military with non regulation haircuts. The actor might slick it down and tuck it behind his ears but it was always obvious that the hair was too long for a real soldier.

When the detectives in a murder mystery talk about a suspect having a particular gun registered (or not registered) to them in a state where there is no gun registration - including Oregon and Wyoming (Backstrom and Longmire).

Most states do not have gun registration (well, Oregon has it now, but not officially).

Hollywood writers just assume every state has it - even California doesn't really have gun registration - not on every gun anyway.

It is like they want to send a message that every state should have registration, or to condition people to think that we do and therefore be accepting of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top