JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I dont think it's anything to get our panties twisted up over and don't think it's necessarily an anti-gun or anti-anything... thing. I understand a medical care professionals desire to know more about a patients lifestyle to potentially help guide them in their diagnosis or treatment plan. Compiling stats to reach conclusions strictly for research purposes is a thing too. Some of it can stray a bit far off plot, but I think it's more human misguidance and curiosity though than malicious intent.

Much like a LEO is obviously going to feel a little more warm and fuzzy knowing the ID and legal history of the person they are engaged with.

That doesn't mean either one of them is entitled to that information though. It's a little intrusive to ask, but we do have the right to refuse to respond and no harm no foul, really.

Personally, I dont think it's anything to get our panties twisted up over and don't think it's necessarily an anti-gun or anti-anything... thing. I understand a medical care professionals desire to know more about a patients lifestyle to potentially help guide them in their diagnosis or treatment plan. Compiling stats to reach conclusions strictly for research purposes is a thing too. Some of it can stray a bit far off plot, but I think it's more human misguidance and curiosity though than malicious intent.

Much like a LEO is obviously going to feel a little more warm and fuzzy knowing the ID and legal history of the person they are engaged with.

That doesn't mean either one of them is entitled to that information though. It's a little intrusive to ask, but we do have the right to refuse to respond and no harm no foul, really.
Unless it gets to the point where they are forced to report who is unwilling to comply with answering the questions.... and right now, the idea if that is not too farfetched...

Why is that Doc?
Good luck with this.

The antis have ZERO care about death statistics and what kills more people.

Gun control with MOST antis is nothing but a 'followed' concept, a fad with them, like most things libs scream about. They are typically nothing but 'camp followers' and only repeat what they hear about anything that sounds good to them.

Good luck with this.

The antis have ZERO care about death statistics and what kills more people.

Gun control with MOST antis is nothing but a 'followed' concept, a fad with them, like most things libs scream about. They are typically nothing but 'camp followers' and only repeat what they hear about anything that sounds good to them.
Yea… like a cult.

My Dr has a questionnaire that every answer could be " I am not depressed."
I just write that at the top of the first page and sign the end. I once asked the Dr about the form, and she said that form is not for people like you, But everyone that comes in gets the same form so that those that need some help will fill them out. She says "You would be surprised at what people will write on a form that they would not say in person".
She says Fill it out and sign it or not its up to you. DR

I've known my doctor for 20+ years. He went from private practice to non-profit large hospital system, his practice members voted to be absorbed.

I saw a similar question on the intake form and answered truthfully:

"Are there any guns in the home?
YES, brad nailgun, finishing nail gun, hot glue gun, large soldering gun"

He chuckled when he saw that.

I learned from the 42nd president that words matter... "it depends on what the meaning of is, is." and all that.

Now if they asked about pistols and rifles, maybe the answer would be different.

Edit: found the article on slick willie

Last Edited:
Unless it gets to the point where they are forced to report who is unwilling to comply with answering the questions.... and right now, the idea if that is not too farfetched...
Report me for refusing irrelevant questionnaires. Let's "ring that bell" already. The populace being afraid of the government is partly the reason we are in the mess we are in.

Report me for refusing irrelevant questionnaires. Let's "ring that bell" already. The populace being afraid of the government is partly the reason we are in the mess we are in.
See, and I thought the Founding Fathers intended the government to be afraid of the populace…

Everything's back azzwards…

Ring that bell, ring it loud, ring it long!!!!

And of course there is a obligatory response to any questions about it.

We all know the reason is not for "Health maintenance".

You know this upsets me because it's going to make people who actually might need help be fearful of filling this out if they are g_n owners; for fear that the local gestapo will come to their homes to confiscate their guns simply because they had a bad day or felt sad.

View attachment 1275804

View attachment 1275803
I didn't know anybody actually answered those!!! I certainly don't.

They don't read the forms anyway, so no objection ever from the doc/nurses.

It's administration that dreams this chit up. They ask me all the falling risk questions and then do nothing about it. They ask my wife if she feels safe at home, etc, when I am sitting right there. Ya think she's gonna say no he beats me?????

I know some have talked about their kids being asked if there are guns in the home. They need to be trained how to answer.

"Ain nobody's bidness" is a yes. LOL

There are two scenarios where I think the medical profession should be able to bring up guns:

(A) If a person is sitting on their therapist's couch talking about how they are considering harming themselves or others, I think it's appropriate for a doc to ask some follow-up questions like "do you own firearms".
And that's how you get red flagged and lose your guns

Here's how you handle this... :)

Doc: Mr. Cabo, do you have any guns in your home?

Me: Guns in my home? Doc, I got guns in your office!

Doc: What!?

Me: What?

Me: Just kidding doc. Hey, did you know that guns kill about 40K people every year...except the MAJORITY of those are suicides. Actual gun homicides are usually around 10K.

Doc: Umm...

Me: Hey doc, do you know what kills 250K people every year?

Doc: Um...no.

Me: YOU do doc! Well, your profession does. Each year 250K people are killed by medical errors. That's over six times the number of people that are killed, in total, by guns, and about 25 times greater than the annual number of actual gun homicides. See, it's far more dangerous for me to come see you than it is for me to own a firearm. And yet, I can't help but notice that you're not warning me of the EXTREME danger of simply walking through your door. Why is that Doc?
Reminds me of the MLM tape: "Dead Doctors Don't Lie". They can't even take care of themselves with rare exception.

TRUTH!!!

I HATE those questions. It's the same questions but the answers the were right last week aren't right anymore.
Wow, what doc you going to?

The "Mini Mental State Exam" as given to my demented wife every 6 months by her neurologist consists of 25 questions worth 30 points. Does, "where are you now" really change????? What city are we in, what county, what state. Tho who is president might change from time to time.

I'm going to tell you 3 items" Ball, bicycle, snake" now repeat them, repeat again. a few minutes from now I will ask if you can tell me these items.

Hands you a paper and says follow these intructions:
1. close your eyes
2. Now open your eyes
3. fold the paper in half
4. and hand it back to me using your left hand.

Please copy this drawing... (mildly complex line drawing)

Please write a complete sentence.

Etc.

My wife scores 22 and therefore has mild cognitive impairment diagnosed as ALZ mainly becomes it is her memory the is malfunctioning, but I also notice behavioral changes and problems with judgement/decision making.

A friend is scoring less than 16 and has been put in a nursing home by her family against her will.

Point being: Be careful how you answer doc questions!!!

I'm going to tell you 3 items" Ball, bicycle, snake" now repeat them, repeat again. a few minutes from now I will ask if you can tell me these items.
Mrs. Merkt had her first visit with a neurologist yesterday, she was put through this routine. I've been down that road already. My problem is, I've been retired for 15 years, the days all run together. Often I legitimately do not know what day of the week it is, without thinking about it or looking at a calendar. They are all the same now. Before Covid, when Mrs. Merkt was still going to mass on Sunday, that was a benchmark. During Covid, the parish went to virtual mass on the computer. So I lost even that compass point.

Mrs. Merkt had her first visit with a neurologist yesterday, she was put through this routine. I've been down that road already. My problem is, I've been retired for 15 years, the days all run together. Often I legitimately do not know what day of the week it is, without thinking about it or looking at a calendar. They are all the same now. Before Covid, when Mrs. Merkt was still going to mass on Sunday, that was a benchmark. During Covid, the parish went to virtual mass on the computer. So I lost even that compass point.
Yes, but they know they are dealing mostly with retired folk. So the scoring is not tight, and sometimes the wife's doc will give hints or other small help.

Not to be taken seriously unless there is a low score, below 22, or other symptoms.

Best wishes for your wife's health.

You know this upsets me because it's going to make people who actually might need help be fearful of filling this out if they are g_n owners; for fear that the local gestapo will come to their homes to confiscate their guns simply because they had a bad day or felt sad.

View attachment 1275804

View attachment 1275803

View attachment 1275804

View attachment 1275803
Retired from Emergencies Services and can assure you that all of these questions can and will be used in denying coverage, establishing a ""Red Flag" profile and used when applying for CCP or background check or subpoena for any court action involving liability. Ultimately insurance wants to not pay and medical providers want to add more diagnostic treatments and the lawyers and government want you to pay for your privacy.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top