JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, since they are asking about the second amendment, why not the first, third, fifth or eleventh? Why don't they ask men if they have had an abortion?
If answers are required for service, just leave. There are doctors who do not invade one's privacy.

My doctor usually wants to see photos while my dentist brought in a M1 carbine to show me that he traded services for. No reason to do business with a anti-gunner.

-E-

When you get old, there are more questions. Like, "Do you know where you are?" "Do you know what day of the week it is?" "Do you know why you're here?"

Here's how you handle this... :)

Doc: Mr. Cabo, do you have any guns in your home?

Me: Guns in my home? Doc, I got guns in your office!

Doc: What!?

Me: What?

Me: Just kidding doc. Hey, did you know that guns kill about 40K people every year...except the MAJORITY of those are suicides. Actual gun homicides are usually around 10K.

Doc: Umm...

Me: Hey doc, do you know what kills 250K people every year?

Doc: Um...no.

Me: YOU do doc! Well, your profession does. Each year 250K people are killed by medical errors. That's over six times the number of people that are killed, in total, by guns, and about 25 times greater than the annual number of actual gun homicides. See, it's far more dangerous for me to come see you than it is for me to own a firearm. And yet, I can't help but notice that you're not warning me of the EXTREME danger of simply walking through your door. Why is that Doc?

LOL....

1663126862322.png

If it were me answering the questions.
The response the Doctor's staff would be like.

All the while......I'd have a large smile across my face (of course).

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Awww hell, take a music break.

Last Edited:
That why i got away quick from agreeing with mass shooting is a mental health problem as a answer for them. Having worked at a hospital ive seen in person how if one pisses off a DR or staff they will use that against a person. So imagine they have that info and how they can use that against a person.

There are two scenarios where I think the medical profession should be able to bring up guns:

(A) If a person is sitting on their therapist's couch talking about how they are considering harming themselves or others, I think it's appropriate for a doc to ask some follow-up questions like "do you own firearms".

(B) If someone is bringing home their new baby from the hospital, I think it's appropriate for the hospital to provide a pamphlet to the new parents on how to make sure their home is safe for children, which may include something to the effect of "keep your guns in a locked up so your kid can't get to them". Not asking if they have guns, just providing a simple reminder because some people don't think about that kind of thing.

Outside of those very specific situations, I don't see any reason for hospitals or doctors offices to ask those kinds of questions, and I will not answer them. Never had anyone come back to me and say "you didn't fill this out completely". It's none of their business, and if they were to press the point I'd call an attorney.

There can be no other reason for those types of questions other than for "assessment" beyond the scope of their need to know. I don't consider it innocuous since someone obviously felt it was important enough to spend the time and energy to print the dang things and to pay someone to enter and review them.

I'm in the "MYOB" camp, too. I hand them back blank and have never had anyone comment or follow up on a blank page, either.

I can't say I've never lied, but I do try not to put it on paper and document it when I do. ;)

And of course there is a obligatory response to any questions about it.

We all know the reason is not for "Health maintenance".

You know this upsets me because it's going to make people who actually might need help be fearful of filling this out if they are g_n owners; for fear that the local gestapo will come to their homes to confiscate their guns simply because they had a bad day or felt sad.

View attachment 1275804

View attachment 1275803
I absolutely refuse to fill these out. They have 0 to do with my medical needs when I visit the doctor (rarely) and as a population it is important that we always push back on unnecessary information collection that has no business being collected for the purpose of our visit.

Write in big block letters "patient refuses to answer irrelevant questions that do not pertain to his healthcare needs"

What are they going to do - refuse service because a stupid questionnaire wasn't filled out?

You have no obligation to provide the doctor with information beyond the specific reason you are seeking the doctor's assistance.

That seems like a good way to get unwanted attention. I'd probably just stick with "no."
"oh noooos he didn't fill out the irrelevant information to his ringworm infection he is seeking a prescription for, call the gestapo!"

Spoke with the physician seeing me about just that. I refused the dumb questionnaire, he asked why. I asked him to explain to me how those questions were relevant to my reason for seeing the doctor. He couldn't, I said, "and that's why I didn't bother with them."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top