JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And of course there is a obligatory response to any questions about it.

We all know the reason is not for "Health Maintenance".

You know this upsets me because it's going to make people who actually might need help be fearful of filling this out if they are g_n owners; for fear that the local gestapo will come to their homes to confiscate their guns simply because they had a bad day or felt sad.

A94D0DFA-E3DB-4B6D-9B96-F191CE561259.jpeg

B8EC5690-910A-4AF5-A880-F380E5C26492.jpeg

Last Edited:
A new qestion on the form that I haven't seen.
However, I do not fill out these forms when they hand them to me.
I simply hand them back.
Well, I've also been told if people refuse to fill it out then that's to be questioned as well.
The anti-gun cabal has its fingers in everything now…

Kaiser started this BS a few years back. I truthfully answered no, since all my firearms are rifled as opposed to gun which are not.

They can kiss my bubblegum.

Yeah i have had something like that at my last few visits to the VA, I just said i dont understand what this has to do with my health.
It doesn't have anything to do with your health, it has to do with the ability to look at your answers and assess whether or not they can have your guns taken away. IMHO

Last Edited:
My kids' pediatrician had a similar form. We just left it unanswered. Around here, probably get as many yes as no answers and quite a few blanks too. It's certainly not against the law to lie to your doctor about unrelated activities (as far as I can tell; and even if it was . . .) but the question is offensive because of the assumptions that created it.

I'm curious how the answer to these questions influence the treatment plan or further discussions. Like if you said you didn't wear seatbelts or helmets, are they going to have the doctor try and talk you into it?

Perhaps it's the opposite of what it seems at first and is equating owning guns to being smart and wearing a seatbelt/helmet because it means you take your safety seriously. If you check no, they're going to talk to you about how you can get a hold of one. They have a stack of Glock and Ruger coupons to hand out. Glass half full. Haha!

Last year when I went in for my yearly, they gave me a similar form. I answered honestly, tobacco, no I quit. Guns, lots of them. Alcohol, one beer at a time. When the Doctor was checking my ears out, we got talking about noise reduction, which led to talking about the electronic muffs and noise cancellation. Turns out he is also a gun enthusiast. I haven't heard anything back on my updated file.

Well be warned, if you buy "fishing poles" from a "sporting goods store" and it's more than $200 it's likely to be flagged as "suspicious" because lord knows the geek looking at your personal information might assume it's a gun!

Honest answer is ... no.

I don't own ANY guns... I have paid to liberate several from various vendors though.
They all now choose to live lives of free independence in and around my home. 🏡

I do check in on them, feed, and exercise them often.... we enjoy our freedom together.
So much so, that we have decided to free more of them, as time and $$$ permit. :s0155:

(Heck, my 2 Berettas (92 and 86) even had a baby... we call him "Bob")

Last Edited:
I usually ignore these forms.

They remind me of the time one of my jobs required a psyche review.

The shrink started by asking if I'd ever considered suicide, I paused and gave him a concerned / worried look and slowly answered "Do you really think that would be the best choice?"
Gave him a moment as his expression turned to concern, than continued to answer his question with, "OK, in answer to your question yes of course I have. How would I be able to answer your question honestly if I did not consider it. Do I believe it would be a solution to any issues I presently have? No.

We spent the rest of the session discussing old cars (his office decorations were old car related) as we were about to part I asked "Well am I sane?" He just smiled and said "You'll pass for it when you want".

And of course there is a obligatory response to any questions about it.

We all know the reason is not for "Health maintenance".

You know this upsets me because it's going to make people who actually might need help be fearful of filling this out if they are g_n owners; for fear that the local gestapo will come to their homes to confiscate their guns simply because they had a bad day or felt sad.

View attachment 1275804

View attachment 1275803
Easy to see they are looking to "flag" anyone who checks the wrong box. Easy solution is simply check the box they want to see.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top