JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me: "Doctor, if you were driving your car at the speed of light and turned your headlights on, would they do anything?
Dr. "I can't answer that"
Me. "Then I can't answer your questions."

"Are there any guns in the home?

E1r8dMCVEAADUTt.jpg

Makes sense. Here's something that doesn't: The only gun I have that the government designates as a "Firearm" has a smooth bore. :)
A firearm just means that it uses combustion to propel the projectile (an arm that uses fire). A gun is supposed to be a non-rifled firearm, but in practice can mean either a smooth or rifled bore. Since I get to interpret the question posed on the form (learned as a survival tactic by all Federal employees) I chose to use the strictest definition and had temporary amnesia about my shotgun.

Last Edited:
Good luck with this.

The antis have ZERO care about death statistics and what kills more people.

Gun control with MOST antis is nothing but a 'followed' concept, a fad with them, like most things libs scream about. They are typically nothing but 'camp followers' and only repeat what they hear about anything that sounds good to them.
Luck ain't got nothing to do with it. If it's just on a form, I check no and move on. If a doctor is actually asking me that crap, he's not going to be my doctor anyway. Might as well have a little fun with him before I leave.

And that's how you get red flagged and lose your guns
This is always the 'funny' part to me. So when asked "do you have thoughts of hurting yourself or others" - anyone sane enough to understand the implications of that question and the consequences of any answer other than "no, of course not" - will never say anything other than "no."

So that question really isn't doing anything to prevent violence.

A better question might be, "do you think the world or society has wronged you in anyway"

Because often these POS murderers hold those feelings strongly.

Me: "Doctor, if you were driving your car at the speed of light and turned your headlights on, would they do anything?
Dr. "I can't answer that"
Me. "Then I can't answer your questions."
Weird, I'm not a doctor, I'm just a guy who understand basic physics.

If you are traveling at the speed of light in your car and you turned on your headlights, the light (also traveling at the speed of light) would be matching your speed perfectly, so since both would be equal to eachother, the headlights would not project a beam of light forward as far as you could tell because the light ray would always at the same speed of your travel, in essence, you would arrive at a distance ahead of the light ray effectively, continually before it ever projected beyond your headlights.

Someone in front of you theoretically could see your headlights, but since you also would be traveling at the speed of light, by the time they saw your headlights, you would effectively be already passed them before they essentially had time to realize what they were looking at. It would be like a blur of momentary light for the tiny amount of time that it took for the car to move passed the viewer at the speed of light.

That's at least my take on it.

Weird, I'm not a doctor, I'm just a guy who understand basic physics.

If you are traveling at the speed of light in your car and you turned on your headlights, the light (also traveling at the speed of light) would be matching your speed perfectly, so since both would be equal to eachother, the headlights would not project a beam of light forward as far as you could tell because the light ray would always at the same speed of your travel, in essence, you would arrive at a distance ahead of the light ray effectively, continually before it ever projected beyond your headlights.

Someone in front of you theoretically could see your headlights, but since you also would be traveling at the speed of light, by the time they saw your headlights, you would effectively be already passed them before they essentially had time to realize what they were looking at. It would be like a blur of momentary light for the tiny amount of time that it took for the car to move passed the viewer at the speed of light.

That's at least my take on it.
I think your headlights would burnout as the light would have nowhere to go.

Even here in UK, where many seem to think we still live in some kind of feudal semi-dictatorship, this questionnaire is unthinkable, and certainly nothing to do with any kind of clinic. It is intrusive to an unbelievable degree, and needs to be ignored.

Worse yet, is it even Constitutional?

Ah, question for ya - who says it's obligatory?

BTW - MY doc is a regional-level trap-shooter - always asks me how my 'squint-n-squeezing' is getting one....

I'm going to tell you 3 items" Ball, bicycle, snake" now repeat them, repeat again. a few minutes from now I will ask if you can tell me these items.
Dude! How much longer is it going to be??? If I take a nap, I guarantee they'll be gone.

(Did you forget to come back and ask us??) 🤣

Last Edited:
I think your headlights would burnout as the light would have nowhere to go.
Good point, i understand that thought process, but I don't know, unlike a short circuit where the electrons can speed up infinitely because of the completed circuit with no resistance, a headlight traveling at the speed of light would not be a short circuit, it would just be light that was already at it's terminal velocity at the time it turned on. The headlights do produce heat, so it would depend on how much heat those components could withstand before failing. A simple test would seem to be insulating the headlight completely and allowing the light energy to not travel beyond the body of the headlight. Them testing how warm it gets. Not a perfect test, but at least one that would help us hypothesize some more.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads