JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are times I regret selling the Smith and Wesson Model 39-2 that I owned in the '70s because it caused a Hole in my Collection but at the time I was Very unhappy with the 9mm and how it failed to "get the job done" when I had to use it to dispatch an Animal that had been hit by a car.:(:(:(

There are times I regret selling the Smith and Wesson Model 39-2 that I owned in the '70s because it caused a Hole in my Collection but at the time I was Very unhappy with the 9mm and how it failed to "get the job done" when I had to use it to dispatch an Animal that had been hit by a car.:(:(:(

That's what I was started with at 4 and still have it in the safe.

Love the gun, I just don't shoot it much anymore.

A PSL. Cause I prefer AK over the AR as it turns out, and it was basically an AK on roids. With expensive magazines that were hit or miss if they worked in your rifle.

All of them...

The saddest:

Marlin 336C in .32 Spec (mfr ~1950)
Remington 513T target rifle
Browning .22 semi-auto rifle (Belgian)
Browning Matchmaster .22 target pistol (Belgian)
Ruger Mk II slab side .22 target pistol (stainless)
Winchester model 88 in .243 (mfr ~1960)

Last Edited:
That's what I was started with at 4 and still have it in the safe.

Love the gun, I just don't shoot it much anymore.
The one I had was my Off Duty Carry Gun but when I had to put the 3rd Round(125gr. Winchester Silver-Tips) into the head of a maybe 50 pound Dog to get the job done, well, it just didn't seem right to trust the cartridge so I went back to my Smith and Wesson Model 19-3 with the 2-1/2" Barrel because I have dispatched several Deer and one Elk with that piece.

1) PTR91. I was 19 years old and had worked my bubblegum off to save up like $1200 to get myself a PTR. Finally got one. Shot it a bunch over the course of about a year. Had a family emergency come up and needed money. Sold it for like $900. Regretted it ever since. Especially because it turned out later that I didn't need to sell it after all. It's on my list to pick one up again eventually.

2) Glock 21. I was a few weeks past 21 years old, working for the state, and living on my own in eastern Oregon. I had a Glock 26 which I used for concealed carry and a Winchester 30-30 (my first rifle). With my first paycheck from the state I decided to splurge and get myself a full size handgun for home defense/target shooting. Settled with the Glock 21. Had it for a few months and then sold it. Regretted it ever since because it was fun to shoot but I haven't put any thought into getting a new one. Mostly because I try to keep all my calibers standardized to 9mm, 5.56, and 12ga.

3) Ruger GP-100 4". I got this NIB for like $300 due to some hookups from a friend. I bought it as an "in the woods gun" since I spent a lot of time in the Umatilla National Forest. Decided I should get something a bit better than a Glock 26 to handle any predators I might encounter. Wound up selling it when I moved back to the Portland area.

Only three I can think of.
Smith 29-2 nickel finish 4" barrel in the presentation box
Smith 29-2 nickel finish 6" barrel in the presentation box
Colt Trooper in 22lr blued finish 4" barrel

Wish I still had them.

Ruger M77 30-06 Stainless Zytel stock that I received for my 16th Christmas with silver Leupold Vari-X optic

Savage 110 30-06 had it earmarked for me before I was born. Sold it like an idiot and new owner trashed the hell out of it. Offered to buy back and I was basically spit on. Wouldn't sell even at 2x original price.

Marlin 60SS stainless/Laminate, sold same time as the Savage. Owner wouldn't sell back at 2x purchase price. Had this one as a kid and shot thousands of rounds, stock had been trimmed to allow my shorter LOP when I was a kid. Then reattached as I grew.

Sold a complete matching pair of Ruger p90 and P89 stainless decocker models, complete down to owners manuals and magazine loafers. Sold to a NWFA member who I'd love to buy back.

Damn why'd I read this thread. Makes me sad to think about it. Model 88 in .358, pre 64 Model 70 in .264 Win Mag, Beautiful small ring in 6.5 Swede, fashioned a beautiful stock on it, didn't sell it but gave it to my son. There's others but I'm getting all misty eyed. Got shed of 3 Ruger #1's and I'd be happy with just one back.

My first gun was a Mossberg 20ga pump. Got it when I was 9 years old. A ton of kids (I'm oldest grandchild) in the family learned how to shoot with it over the years. Found out Dad sold it for 50 dollars. I damn near cried. If I had to pick just one, this would be it.

Here we go again - and always painful!!
My 1978 Colt AR 15 A1 Sporter....
My Colt new Frontier 22/22 Mag
My early 70's Colt Combat Commander
My Early 70s Colt GCNM (terrible jamming, FTE POS! - it needed some serious TLC - typical of Colts for the era!)
My Remington Mod 788 .243
My S&W Mod 19-4 (but this was a family deal so not terrible)
My Ruger M77 MKII .223 with the RARE 18" barrel
I think this is it - bad as it is!
But the really bad part? NONE were let go of because I needed the money!! Always trades or other stuff!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top