JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Affirmative on Oregon law requiring only one party of the conversation to give consent to record.

As a collector that has little or no interest in Glocks, AK's, and such, I am of the certain knowledge that the preservation of our interest/hobby resides strongly in the encouragement of any new aficianado to the gun industry, regardless of their interest. The Gun Room guy seems to be cutting his own throat.

And, I just got an AR (DPMS MP4) about 6 months ago, and I am absolutely floored by its accuracy. For an old "walnut and blued steel" guy, I'm having a great time with it.

I went there one time years ago to find a rifle. Everything they had was 750-1200 for a Winchester-Remington - way over priced as that was probably 20 years ago. I asked them about Ruger's - their response was we don't carry garbage like Ruger's. Garbage ?? I have had a number of Ruger's and they were
all quality firearms.

I still have a Ruger .06 and consider it to be my best rifle. Decided right then and there that the Gun Room was owqned/operated by A##holes and never went back.. Even if they were giving away free firearms I wouldn't go in there. How they stay in business is beyond me.

I made the mistake a few years ago, when I lived nearby, to stop in a look for a 191 holster which would allow a thumb break and carry in condition 1. He blew up on people carying cocked and locked. Started talking about some leo instructor he knows who blew a whole in his butt etc..... I walked out laughing inside ...... Also went i once about 20 yrs ago for a buddy to by a Browning A-5, i beleive.

I say we just make a group outing of it, you know get a bunch of people together, go do lunch, stop by the gun room and make the owner nuts, then head to the range. mabey a little BBQ after :s0112:

No. Before this happens, he will convince you that you should buy from him, and when you do, you'll be convinced that the extra cost was worth it. He is good. He's done this for a long time, and he'll be selling guns when nobody else is left. Don't know what it is... His abrasive, but magnetic personality.

I know. I've bought a lot of guns from him over the years.:s0112:

WAYNO.

The crazy advice, history, and prices are all facts of a visit there, and you just couldn't make up some of the nutty things he comes up with. The weird thing is, he has been in the gun business FOREVER. I remember buying pre '64 Winchesters from him with my Dad. when they were still current manufacture. That goes back to the days when he worked at the long gone Foster's Sporting Goods where he din't set the prices.

gary

I asked about why the prices were high once and he pulled a firestar (or something) and said, "fine, buy this POS and get yourself killed".

I pull a 180 and heel-toe out, don't look back.

The crazy advice, history, and prices are all facts of a visit there, and you just couldn't make up some of the nutty things he comes up with. The weird thing is, he has been in the gun business FOREVER. I remember buying pre '64 Winchesters from him with my Dad. when they were still current manufacture. That goes back to the days when he worked at the long gone Foster's Sporting Goods where he din't set the prices.

gary

Wow. You must really be old, like me, to remember Warren, Larry, Dick, and Hobart, from Foster's. :s0155:

To continue on Warren's passive/aggressiveness...As I said, I've bought a lot of stuff from him, including trap guns. And his deal, which I've taken advantage of numerous times...Met him at the trap club with my new gun, he paid the fees, he bought the ammo, and he provided some really great trap shooting lessons. He is a great trap shooter. The only cost to me, is having to be told by him, just how good he is.:D

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads