JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because they just go off without pulling the trigger. ;)
That is pretty bad flaw! I tried finding anything about NDs and this brand online and only found an older Reddit post.

Known issue with this brand?

Well, that's a pretty serious slam on Gun Room and Beavercreek -- but I've never visited either of those places. Having met you multiple times, I'll take that as a serious admonition to AVOID BOTH, and to avoid Shadow Systems.
Lump TNW in with those folks too.

Ten years ago when I first started learning to shoot a bow, I stuck an arrow into the neighbor's house. Built my self a set of baffles like Tri County so it wouldn't happen again.

Neighbor's a dumfuk. 9mil, won't go into battery, it failed the plunk test -- so you try to force it? Don't sell him any AR's with a Forward Assist.
Glad everyone's OK.

Perhaps! I invited him over so I could try and fix it or convince him to leave it by the grinder.
Optic model? If so he could of messed up the extractor/spring when installing the optic possibly or got locktite on it somehow? Got a feeling its a neighbor problem not the gun. I have a 920 it has been excellent. Its well machined, good trigger and has ran great with 4k or so through it in the last year. Pic below shows how the extractor spring and spring retainer are exposed under the optic plate.

6d5cdb9e66a97912b5643eb5d887e0bf.jpg

Optic model? If so he could of messed up the extractor/spring when installing the optic possibly or got locktite on it somehow? Got a feeling its a neighbor problem not the gun. I have a 920 it has been excellent. Its well machined, good trigger and has ran great with 4k or so through it in the last year. Pic below shows how the extractor spring and spring retainer are exposed under the optic plate.

View attachment 1085826
We will find out soon!

Okay, I see your point, but these people and their endless emails when my website host is doing maintenance and the price shown for one of their products is too low, not MAP, so I email back and keep trying to reach the right person so they know when their snooper system goes berserk and shoots off 500+ warnings in a night they could address it with one phone call for everyone. But I am not worthy of a conversation. So when this just happened, I felt like no longer hating Palmetto!

This is what I expected to read. It would have been appropriate given the level of potential harm!!
Both he and his wife feel awful about it. Hopefully we all learn a lesson about firearm safety and when in the real estate market next opt for no neighbors or some enhanced siding and glass!

If I had to consistently beat a slide into battery, I'd be questioning the gun or ammo wayyy before 500 times. Like maybe 3 times. The duck, neighbor guy...?

Is that a mean enough headline? It takes a lot to get under my skin, and a bit more to get a reaction. At thins point I got say it how it is in my opinion - Shadow Systems is an overpriced Jennings.

I have a 9mm round stuck in the wall of my home because my neighbor had been hammering away with his palm on the back of the pistol slide to get it into battery after cleaning it. He admitted to have been doing this 500+ times in the past rather than trying to address the root cause, only this time it "went off" and a bullet passed through the wall of his house, through our fence and lodged into a 2x6 in my home which gratefully prevented it from entering my daughter's playroom. He says this was a problem from day one. :eek: My Christmas wish #2 is now please, will everyone be picky consumers and don't accept halfass firearms?

I wouldn't be bothered to share this with all of you if this company wasn't miserable to deal with. You won't won't find this brand on my website, and I personally would rather be packing a hi power than participate in helping take someone's money to become an owner from this brand. In fact, I may just forgive Palmetto for their atrocities against good customer service and ban the shadows in stead for transfers. Open to suggestions here, I really don't have time to hold two grudges.

View attachment 1085787 View attachment 1085788
Glad nobody was injured, he should have bought a hi-point:)

At least he was aiming it in a safe direction (side of your house) instead of your windows.

Edit: You might want to call over there and ask him of he is banging that pos before you go out in your yard for a BBQ.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top