JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stopped by a gun store over on SE Foster inPortland on Saturday. It's "The Gun Room". They have a pretty impressive collection of firearms.

I'd have to say that they are a good $100-200 (or more) overpriced on every firearm. I'm thinking that $835 for a Marlin 336 in .30-30 with the crossbolt safety is a wee bit much.

Any of you ever buy anything from these guys?

They are over-priced and the owner's will be sure to tell you that any firearms they do not sell (cant sell) are junk. I am not sure how they even stay in business, i know at least a dozen people including me, who will not step foot in their door.

+1 to everyone on here. Went there twice. Once only to get yelled at and told my HK was a piece of garbage and would blow my hand off the first time I went and used range ammo with it. Second time with a friend, if only to see if the first time was really how much of a jerk that guy was. Turns out he was.

Had a buddy call about a Kahr CW45. Gentleman (yeah right) who answered the phone told him he dont carry that plastic garbage. So began the three minute rant. We were driving down 205 but I could distinctly hear this guy over the road noise. He got pretty worked up about it. "And we dont carry glocks neither!" End rant.

We called back a couple minutes later and asked if he carried glocks. ;)

Had a buddy call about a Kahr CW45. Gentleman (yeah right) who answered the phone told him he dont carry that plastic garbage. So began the three minute rant. We were driving down 205 but I could distinctly hear this guy over the road noise. He got pretty worked up about it. "And we dont carry glocks neither!" End rant.

We called back a couple minutes later and asked if he carried glocks. ;)

I would be hilarious for someone to call him and ask about Glocks and Kahr's and then record the rant and post it as an audio file. Great entertainment potential. :D

I would be hilarious for someone to call him and ask about Glocks and Kahr's and then record the rant and post it as an audio file. Great entertainment potential. :D
And also a pretty serious crime...unless we could get his approval to audio tape him. :)

I even have to disable the mics on my camera system at work because I cannot audio record patrons on private property without their consent.

And also a pretty serious crime...unless we could get his approval to audio tape him. :)
I couldn't find an ORS page quickly, but the two 'unofficial' pages I found with a quick google search said 'only one party required' for recording. Mayhaps posting would be a different thing than just the recording.

MrB

Not to get way off topic, but I thought in Oregon it was legal for a person to record another's conversation as long as one of the parties knew they were being recorded...? :confused:

Now posting said conversation on the Internets, I don't know how legal that would be. :D

I couldn't find an ORS page quickly, but the two 'unofficial' pages I found with a quick google search said 'only one party required' for recording. Mayhaps posting would be a different thing than just the recording.

MrB
Trust me, it is illegal. We had to place a video camera on our neighbor once because he was selling drugs. The DA made it very clear to us that we could video him but not audio record him.

Then there was that case of the guy at the OR state fair making porta-pottie recordings who got off scott free because he was not audio taping. :)

The gun room is hilarious, I went in there with a Colt .380 Mark IV Government Model, that was engraved with a bit of pitting on it, it was a hand me down from my father after he passed away, anyways I brought it there, I didn't know much about guns 3 years ago and this guy just gave me a whole history on colts and a run down on proper firearms cleaning, he showed me how to take about my .380 and such, the guy was really nice, then he went on a rant about polymer frame firearms and how the good ole metal guns are the ultimate firearm material, but he had glocks and xds in his display case and blamed it on a dumba%% employee that bought it without his permission from a customer, really strange indeed, I only stepped foot in there twice since that event. Really, I dont know how they've been around for as long as they have been, but then again a sucker is born every second.

Well maybe you didn't know but that Marlin is specially made for the Gun Room at the factory. The stocks are hand rubbed by virgins and will shoot sub moa groups at any range. If it doesn't it is only because you lack the skills and should probably stick to shooting Glocks and Highpoints.

The Gun Room is a conspiracy by the gun grabbers on the left to turn newbies off to guns all together. Once they see the horrible selection and experience the bad service and prices, they will be anti-gun for life!

Stick to the GunBroker.

The Gun Room is a conspiracy by the gun grabbers on the left to turn newbies off to guns all together. Once they see the horrible selection and experience the bad service and prices, they will be anti-gun for life!

Stick to the GunBroker.

Yep, and because of its location and prominent sign, it's the first (and probably last) gun store most Portlanders ever visit....

Long story short. 11-08, I was waiting on my new CHL to come in the mail, I was looking for a lefty "plastic" holster for my G-19. After 10 minutes of trying to explain that i was not looking for a nice "leather" holster, i want a "plastic" holster for my Glock, things went south. That guy was still on a rant about Glocks as i was walking out the door! I will never go in that shop again!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top