JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmmm not sure. I decided a few years back that I had bought just about every thing in Camera Collecting I wanted to look into getting a nice Vintage Stereo system. The end result of this is:

View attachment 350690

View attachment 350691

View attachment 350692

And when you end up with something like that it follows you should have some LP's to play on it. I actually have approx 2600+ LPs 600 CD's 450+ Cassettes and 200+ 7" reel to reel tapes in my music library.

But I'm not sure if you would call me an Audiophile or just a nut who collects stuff.

Nice setup worth serious bucks. Where have you got the reel to reel hidden? Much nicer than the ones I used to have.

Im004100.jpg IM004102.JPG IM004104.JPG 217 & speaker2.jpg

The R2R is a Pioneer RT-707 in very nice condition. As you can maybe tell the whole setup is in an alcove under our stairs. The turntable and side rack is directly under the stairs with the main rack being against the outside wall (its actually a shared wall with my shop and has an access door to the back of the rack) The R2R is opposite the Turntable on the adjoining wall at a height just above the main rack. I was always going to build a complete Vacuum tube system below it but lost the drive before I got there and sold off the pieces to fund a firearms purchase.

So I'm relieving the weight on the floor. When restacking ammo I found a can of .308 tracers labeled (do not light). so I took them out Monday and tore up a gravel pile. That's fun so I'm doing it again tomorrow with some red tip tracers that had awful accuracy issues. No need to keep these, more blasting ammo. And here is what is going to eat them up. A CETME I rebuilt and runs flawlessly, and an L1A1 I did so work to. Works great also. 013.JPG 011.JPG

So I'm relieving the weight on the floor. When restacking ammo I found a can of .308 tracers labeled (do not light). so I took them out Monday and tore up a gravel pile. That's fun so I'm doing it again tomorrow with some red tip tracers that had awful accuracy issues. No need to keep these, more blasting ammo. And here is what is going to eat them up. A CETME I rebuilt and runs flawlessly, and an L1A1 I did so work to. Works great also.View attachment 351759 View attachment 351760
OK, now I'm jealous.

Are those Altecs in the first picture? I had a set of them in college. Loved 'em. They may have had ports. Cabinets and drivers looked a lot like yours though.

I don't remember what they were but they weren't Altecs. At one time I had over 40 pairs of speakers and 36 reel to reel tape decks. As an aside I once bought a pair of home built speakers at a garage sale for $10.00. Ended up selling all the drivers out of them for over $500.00 on Ebay. Best $10.00 I ever spent.

Cheap is good, fun is good... I was just wondering what point if any there was in special effort to add another item to the supply chain if Lighting Up isn't particularly one's bag. :)
It was a cheap bullet. If I'm shooting at rocks, sticks, etc. just having fun, keeping the cost as low as possible is a factor. When this involves 1000's of rounds penny's and up.

I don't remember what they were but they weren't Altecs. At one time I had over 40 pairs of speakers and 36 reel to reel tape decks. As an aside I once bought a pair of home built speakers at a garage sale for $10.00. Ended up selling all the drivers out of them for over $500.00 on Ebay. Best $10.00 I ever spent.
A buddy of mine bought a bunch of speakers from a guy who was gutting a movie theater to convert the building into something else. Got about $30,000 worth of speakers for a couple grand. He sold me one of the subwoofers. OMG that thing is flat to like 18 hz and LOUD. Way too loud. :D

So I'm relieving the weight on the floor. When restacking ammo I found a can of .308 tracers labeled (do not light). so I took them out Monday and tore up a gravel pile. That's fun so I'm doing it again tomorrow with some red tip tracers that had awful accuracy issues. No need to keep these, more blasting ammo. And here is what is going to eat them up. A CETME I rebuilt and runs flawlessly, and an L1A1 I did so work to. Works great also.View attachment 351759 View attachment 351760
What brand of rail do you have on your L1A1? How stable is it? I have a L1A1 from Brazil, IMBEL bolt and receiver, 18" Steyr barrel, plastic furniture. I would love to mount a scope on top to make up for my failing eyesight.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top