JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is that a mean enough headline? It takes a lot to get under my skin, and a bit more to get a reaction. At thins point I got say it how it is in my opinion - Shadow Systems is an overpriced Jennings.

I have a 9mm round stuck in the wall of my home because my neighbor had been hammering away with his palm on the back of the pistol slide to get it into battery after cleaning it. He admitted to have been doing this 500+ times in the past rather than trying to address the root cause, only this time it "went off" and a bullet passed through the wall of his house, through our fence and lodged into a 2x6 in my home which gratefully prevented it from entering my daughter's playroom. He says this was a problem from day one. :eek: My Christmas wish #2 is now please, will everyone be picky consumers and don't accept halfass firearms?

I wouldn't be bothered to share this with all of you if this company wasn't miserable to deal with. You won't won't find this brand on my website, and I personally would rather be packing a hi power than participate in helping take someone's money to become an owner from this brand. In fact, I may just forgive Palmetto for their atrocities against good customer service and ban the shadows in stead for transfers. Open to suggestions here, I really don't have time to hold two grudges.

20211209_211725508_iOS.jpg 20211209_211807546_iOS.jpg

They learned it from watching their dad, Mandell's Shooters Supply in Scottsdale Az ;)

Dollars to donuts he had a firing grip on it with his finger on the trigger and hitting the back of the gun drove it forward enough to press the trigger

They learned it from watching their dad, Mandell's Shooters Supply in Scottsdale Az ;)

Dollars to donuts he had a firing grip on it with his finger on the trigger and hitting the back of the gun drove it forward enough to press the trigger
Perhaps! I invited him over so I could try and fix it or convince him to leave it by the grinder.

I don't buy knock offs. Never owned a shadow systems. Never will. Never shot one so I don't really have an opinion other than the fact I would never buy one. Want a Glock. Buy a F-cking Glock. They are 450.00 USD…… and they don't put holes in your neighbors house. Although slamming the rear end of the slide with a round in the chamber is not too bright. Unfortunately no gun will prevent stupidity.

I don't buy knock offs. Never owned a shadow systems. Never will. Never shot one so I don't really have an opinion other than the fact I would never buy one. Want a Glock. Buy a F-cking Glock. They are 450.00 USD…… and they don't put holes in your neighbors house. Although slamming the rear end of the slide with a round in the chamber is not too bright. Unfortunately no gun will prevent stupidity.
I am 100% certain the issue is the extractor is poorly milled. My plan is to provide him a factory Glock extractor and stop the workaround.

I am 100% certain the issue is the extractor is poorly milled. My plan is to provide him a factory Glock extractor and stop the workaround.
You're a much nicer and better person than I, which I commend you for.

only this time it "went off" and a bullet passed through the wall of his house, through our fence and lodged into a 2x6 in my home which gratefully prevented it from entering my daughter's playroom
Wow! Seriously glad nobody was hit. That's some scary stuff. I've heard too many horror stories where this sort of thing didn't end so well. Your neighbor is also incredibly lucky that you didn't get the police involved.

Wow! Seriously glad nobody was hit. That's some scary stuff. I've heard too many horror stories where this sort of thing didn't end so well. Your neighbor is also incredibly lucky that you didn't get the police involved.
Yeah, my wife doesn't know about this either or it would have gotten loud.

Last Edited:
He admitted to have been doing this 500+ times in the past rather than trying to address the root cause, only this time it "went off" and a bullet passed through the wall of his house, through our fence and lodged into a 2x6 in my home which gratefully prevented it from entering my daughter's playroom.
You're neighbor sounds like an idiot. Thank goodness for 1.5" wide piece fir.

All the guns that come and go through your garage and it's your neighbor that NDs one!

Glad everyone is ok, especially the little lady!

I had to look up Shadow Systems. Looks like Glock clones. Can't tell much from that alone. Nothing online spells out poor quality. I'm curious, why are they bad?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top