Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The dumbest reason you ever bought a particular firearm?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jan 8, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

We have all used some pretty shaky justification to convince ourselves to drop some cash on a particular firearm at one time or another. What was the most ridiculous reason for which you bought a firearm?

I will admit that I only bought my Colt 6920 in case of Zombie attack. :eek:

I will also admit that I have pictured myself fighting off a giant brown every time I buy a .44mag pistol. :p

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

'Cuz chicks dig them.......

:paranoid::D

salmonriverjohn likes this.
  3. NuthinFancy

NuthinFancy Seattle Area Active Member

I have been guilty of this reason more than I care to admit :eek:

I seem to pick poor quality guns the way some women are attracted to a real a-hole. "I know it can be good! I can fix it!" :laugh::paranoid:

Most times a gun makes me happy only twice... the day I buy it, and the day I sell it.

4. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

While some may consider it ridiculous.. Its because I wanted it.

5. dan10mmman

dan10mmman puget sound Member

I bought it because my left hand wanted and deserved it. Why would I let the right hand have all the fun? The only thing better than having a 10mm, is having two.
    I got lots of reasons, mainly, I wanted it.....................

I been thinking......Is there really a dumb reason to buy a firearm? Can't really think of one.......

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  6. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

The dumbest reason why I Bought one of my guns was justifying it that I could sell another to offset the cost of it. We all know that never happens......

7. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Shhhhh...don't say that. You are going to jinx me. I am trying to sell my XD-40SC to buy a SIG P250sc. :)

8. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I bought a Masterpiece Arms MPA930 just to try my hand a "bumpfiring". Oh yeah it does that, dumps 32 round magazines in 2.5 seconds. Not very useful other than that.:cool:

9. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

hahaha my buddy wants a Masterpiece too when he see saw all those bump fire videos.

10. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

Did not seem like a bad decision at the time, but before the high cap mag ban went into effect in CA I purchased a Hi-power copy(from Hungry) and an EAA Witness P (9mm/40cal conversions). I go them because the copy was $200 and the Witness was $325. The copy is as good as a boat anchor in my opinion and I only had one mag for the Witness. Attempted to purchase more mags for the Witness and they were like $70 each. Had I taken a little bit of time, I would have purchased a single good quality firearm instead of 2 crappy ones.

11. d1esel

d1esel Ridgefield WA. Member

It matches my favorite pair of shoes......:thumbup:

12. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

It was cheap.

SheepDog223 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Usually the reason is because it's a great price. Maybe I kind of wanted it anyway, or maybe I've had one like it before, but if the price is low enough I'm probably going to buy it.

I did buy a Smith & Wesson 500 5" a few years back. (Brand new and it wasn't cheap) No real reason. It was just the coolest, most bad a$$ revolver I'd ever seen and I just HAD to have it. I never used it for anything serious. Just for plinking, and a lot of it! I had to load my own so I could afford to shoot it as much as I did. Shooting one felt like lighting off real M80's and was legal. It made me giggle every time.:D

That's probably the "dumbest" reason.

14. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I bought a nickel plated .50AE Desert Eagle because it looked cool in the movies. :)

15. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Well,, momma really wanted a diamond and sapphire ring that she was enamored with last week, and I just had to have a new rifle, soooo.

Really it worked well for the both of us. When a man needs or wants a new rig,, he'll stoop to new lows!

16. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

Because I didn't want you guys to get it!!

17. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Because only one gun in a caliber would be out of balance

18. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

I went to the gun shop with my friend to help him pick out his first gun. He came home with an XD, I came home with an 870.

19. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I have bought guns because I had a box of ammo or a grip at home that would fit it :) Nowadays I just admit I just wanted it and stop trying to justify any of em :D

Crawler65 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

Did that last year when the wife wanted a new coach bag and I wanted a new rifle. If you make her happy and distracted you can buy whatever you want to make yourself happy and distracted :laugh: