JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have all used some pretty shaky justification to convince ourselves to drop some cash on a particular firearm at one time or another. What was the most ridiculous reason for which you bought a firearm?

I will admit that I only bought my Colt 6920 in case of Zombie attack. :eek:

I will also admit that I have pictured myself fighting off a giant brown every time I buy a .44mag pistol. :p

I have been guilty of this reason more than I care to admit :eek:

The one I get a kick out of is that P.O.S. guns are FUN (sometimes MORE fun than a decent gun), like they LIKE dinking around with the gun (just to try to make it function correctly) instead of shooting it.

I seem to pick poor quality guns the way some women are attracted to a real a-hole. "I know it can be good! I can fix it!" :s0114::s0131:

Most times a gun makes me happy only twice... the day I buy it, and the day I sell it.

I bought it because my left hand wanted and deserved it. Why would I let the right hand have all the fun? The only thing better than having a 10mm, is having two.
I got lots of reasons, mainly, I wanted it.....................

I been thinking......Is there really a dumb reason to buy a firearm? Can't really think of one.......

Last Edited:
The dumbest reason why I Bought one of my guns was justifying it that I could sell another to offset the cost of it. We all know that never happens......

Did not seem like a bad decision at the time, but before the high cap mag ban went into effect in CA I purchased a Hi-power copy(from Hungry) and an EAA Witness P (9mm/40cal conversions). I go them because the copy was $200 and the Witness was $325. The copy is as good as a boat anchor in my opinion and I only had one mag for the Witness. Attempted to purchase more mags for the Witness and they were like $70 each. Had I taken a little bit of time, I would have purchased a single good quality firearm instead of 2 crappy ones.

Usually the reason is because it's a great price. Maybe I kind of wanted it anyway, or maybe I've had one like it before, but if the price is low enough I'm probably going to buy it.

I did buy a Smith & Wesson 500 5" a few years back. (Brand new and it wasn't cheap) No real reason. It was just the coolest, most bad a$$ revolver I'd ever seen and I just HAD to have it. I never used it for anything serious. Just for plinking, and a lot of it! I had to load my own so I could afford to shoot it as much as I did. Shooting one felt like lighting off real M80's and was legal. It made me giggle every time.:D

That's probably the "dumbest" reason.

I have bought guns because I had a box of ammo or a grip at home that would fit it :) Nowadays I just admit I just wanted it and stop trying to justify any of em :D

Well,, momma really wanted a diamond and sapphire ring that she was enamored with last week, and I just had to have a new rifle, soooo.

Really it worked well for the both of us. When a man needs or wants a new rig,, he'll stoop to new lows!

Did that last year when the wife wanted a new coach bag and I wanted a new rifle. If you make her happy and distracted you can buy whatever you want to make yourself happy and distracted :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top