JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firearm #3 was the Ugh / dumbest of the bunch...a Jennings .22 pistol...with the box and paperwork plus an extra magazine.
( To its credit...it looked unfired )
Speaking of the Jennings, a friend had one once just like you describe, looked great, in the box with a couple magazines. He had had it for years and was tired of it, wanted to sell it. I politely said no thanks, at any price.

What he did with it was surprising. He completely stripped it down to the bare frame. He tossed the receiver in the trash, and put the "spare parts set" on ebay. As I recall, he got something like $150 for it. :eek:

Also speaking of Jennings, I recall a nearly forgotten memory of a Jennings 9mm Pistol that I had for a short time back in the 1990's.

It was a learning experience; I know I got taken on it, paid nearly as much in 1997 (?) dollars as I did for the SCCY pistol in 2020 dollars, and the SCCY is a FAR better gun (and that"s saying something).

SWD Cobary Terminator 12 ga single shot shotgun

I bought two of these when they came out in the 90s for under 100.00 each.
Single shot slam fired. Collasible stock heavy. Looks kool and very tactical thats why I bought them. Very robust and nothing about it is delicate.

Gun was very impractical to use. I remembered that it was hard to reload and was somewhat unsafe with an open bolt design. Pulling bolt back for ejection of spent casing. Terrible gun. Got rid of it.after awhile. A regular single shot shotgun was more practical to use. Could probably get off two to three shots to one shot of the terminator.

1657295938832.png

Like the title says, what is the "dumbest" gun you've bought? Not "worst" - I'm not talking about mechanical failures or crap customer service or anything like that. I mean DUMB. Like the "why the hell would you own one of those?" kinda dumb. I will extend this to really dumb accessories as well.
Wow, this question in different forms sure comes up a lot:

Detonics combat master, got it for $500, this is pre smart phone era so if you saw something that seamed like a good deal you had to buy it on the spot. I missed out on a german made walther ppk in box with paperwork for $350 because l had to go home and research it on the internet. The Detonics was cool, but way to heavy for the 5 rounds of 45acp plus you had to cover what you were aiming at with the muzzel if you wanted a chance of hitting it, sold it a few months later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top