JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have bought guns because I had a box of ammo or a grip at home that would fit it :) Nowadays I just admit I just wanted it and stop trying to justify any of em :D

Haha, I got a Ruger P345 as part of a trade, I didn't really want it but took it to sell. I bought 2 boxes of WWB, shot half a box to make sure the gun worked before I sold it. Then I bought a Kimber Eclipse II Target because I had $30 worth of ammo for it already.:s0112:

Decades ago I bought a used Jennings .22 at a gunshow, back in those wonderful days of no ID cash sales. First, it was cheap and pretty; second, the seller said it worked fine, the LIAR; and third, I just could not believe that Jennings was as bad as everyone said!......................................elsullo

I can't think of any dumb reason I have ever bought a firearm.

Now, years ago, I did buy a tec-9 from a guy because he really needed the cash, so I picked it up for $150. Never shot it. 6 months later a traded for an entire set of snap-on angle wrenches. :) So I don't think that was dumb. other than that I can only think of dumb reasons that I have sold a gun.

I got the p22 because it had a rail and also came with a 5" barrel, perfect for home carry and plinking,,,, right?..... NO. its frustrating and if you have the 5" barrel its a pain to take down and clean. Got these and that and this to make it run good.... UHMMM nope. Attaching the light happened only once. Narf.

Traded it (the p22 in 22lr) for a 9mm. Sold that and used the cash and another gun to get a Sig 1911 Tac Ops.

Never slept better!

Traded a 22 for a 45, then back to a 22 ,then off to a 9, sold that and then a 45 Sig.

Best series of trades! Rock, Plus I am in love.

I picked up a Chinese over/under 12 ga from a shop in CA where a friend worked - the Chinese Olympic team had shipped it over as a spare when the olympics were in L.A. and never picked it up. Years later the shop accountant ripped them off for a few million and they needed cash for payroll so I picked it up for a great deal - talk about overkill for firing pin springs though... nearly puncture the primers.

I've had some ammo in a caliber but no gun. I could have sold the ammo but what fun is that? At least I haven't had anything very exotic...yet.

I've had some ammo in a caliber but no gun. I could have sold the ammo but what fun is that? At least I haven't had anything very exotic...yet.

I agree, due to a buddy of mine passing on, I got some 38 Super. Even after 12 years, I still have the ammo, yet, don't have the gun yet. But going to get one, just to shoot the ammo!

Because it was there.

I paid $700 for a LNIB DW CBOB that came with a bunch of extras/holster and ammo. It was 3 months old and I don't think it had 20 rnds thru it when I bought it but it did have very very slight carry wear.

Last year bought a .454 RB...Factory rounds worked, reloading was a nightmare.
Small rifle primers and a hammerspring that looks like it came out of an inkpen?
I traded it for a 300 WSM and have not looked back.
BTW...I told the buyer about my woes but he does not reload and wanted it anyway
...same gleam in his eyes as was in mine I suppose.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top