JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if you are truly who you are, I would get a lawyer... and stop posting...

Seconded, thirded, and fourthed. Assuming you are who you claim to be, you should shut up and only talk about this incident to a lawyer until all possible legal actions are resolved.

If you truly are who you claim to be, then posting this just proves even more how much of an idiot most of us have already assumed you to be.

I had to read up on this, I honestly could believe my eyes.

Oregon man loses gun, faces charges of reckless endangerment - latimes.com

Your first mistake was not having a decent holster. Judging by the firearm, you just stuck it in a similar-sized nylon, Uncle Mike's modified sock and called it good. Your second mistake was not ensuring that the firearm was still on your person before you left the area...but this blows me away even more than anything.

"I started calling the movie house and no one answered," he said, adding that he kept calling until about 11:15 p.m.

He said he didn't go back because he thought the theater was closed, and he was so upset that it didn't occur to him to call police. He paced all night, he said, and went to the theater the next day to try to retrieve the gun. But police already had it.

First of all, you didn't think that a movie theater was going to be open past 11pm? Secondly, if this was MY firearm, I would have slept in my car, called in sick to work, woke up at 0500am (if I could have gotten any sleep to begin with) and been the first person through that theater door to claim that pistol. If you had no idea where it was, you should have called the police.

You claim...

"The safety of the people around me is paramount," he said. "I would lay my life down to save an innocent, and to be painted as a monster, it borders on libel."

If that were actually true, then you would have done everything within your power to make it right...like driving back to the G*DD*MNED MOVIE THEATER WHEN YOU NOTICED YOUR GUN WAS MISSING ON THE DRIVE HOME!

You make all gun owners look bad....plain and simple. I honestly hope you never get your gun rights back. You had more than one opportunity to make this right- but were you hopping you could just go back to the theater at mid day (after the first showing, even!) and retrieve your firearm from the front desk?

"Excuse me, sir...do you have a 'lost and found'? I seem to have misplaced my pistol."
"Why yes, sir. Is this one yours?"
"No, it's a black one."
"Oh, how about this one?"
"Yup, that's it! Thanks a bunch!"

Want my advice? Don't get a lawyer....keep posting your babble on online forums and stick with the story that "well cops have left their guns out too!" defense and see how far that gets you!

TARD!

Think about it like this. You won't EVER have to worry about losing a weapon again. You lost that privilege in the theater. You obviously don't understand that carrying any weapon takes great responsibility. That inanimate object is a tool used to destroy. It doesn't care if a 5yr. old squeezes it's trigger. I highly suggest. GETTING YOUR S**T DIALED IN! Now, take this advice and what other's have suggested. Put your big boy pant's on, and face this like a RESPONSIBLE ADULT.

All I can say, troll or no troll, is youre f-ing lucky the kids that found it KNEW how to handle firearms. the dang gun was loaded, cocked and NOT locked!!! Wanker. Movie house full of kids, and here your gun is loaded with no safety on. Could have turned out so so bad. You deserve to get charged. my opinion.

That made me snicker - I mean what else can you say.

Whenever I leave anywere I check all of my pockets and what not for my belongings.

Wallet - check
Sun Glasses - check
Lighter - Check
Smokes - Check
Gun - Check
Cell Phone - Check

Honestly my hands are moving all over the place - it looks like I am doing the Macarena:)

We've all lost stuff but I don't know how you could lose your gun? WOW!

story is legit.... heard about it too all the way in WA... but for the culprit to suddenly show up as a 1st time poster sounds like a troll posing as the perpetrator trying to drag this forum into a specific agenda...

wouldn't be surprised if some anti-gunner starts some trolling and then uses our responses as fodder for their agenda...

if he is legit... he shouldn't be posting anyway...

I would recommend a mod lock this thread

Exactly,some anti trying to see if we would back the guy,saying he should still have his rights.
If so,kinda backfired huh?

PX4WA,just think what would have happened in Tacoma had the kids found the gun.
Probably use it to kill a kid for not fighting,like across the street from my house in Manitou Park.At the school.

That made me snicker - I mean what else can you say.

Whenever I leave anywere I check all of my pockets and what not for my belongings.

Wallet - check
Sun Glasses - check
Lighter - Check
Smokes - Check
Gun - Check
Cell Phone - Check

Honestly my hands are moving all over the place - it looks like I am doing the Macarena:)

We've all lost stuff but I don't know how you could lose your gun? WOW!

Yea, that's me.

Man, I find it hard to sympathize with this guy. Does seem like the poster is a troll but regardless, I don't see how you could just have your gun fall out and not notice. I have a permit to carry but honestly I don't do it all that often but when I do, I am constantly checking my CCW. I walk with my arms straight down so I can atleast feel it with my arm and as often as possible I am touching it with my hand to make sure it is secure and still there. It is crazy to me that someone who takes the responsibility to carry a firearm would become that complacent. Another case of one person tarnishing millions of responsible concealed carriers and gun owners.

I saw the guy on the news. Very remorseful and scared. He wouldn't be posting here + he didn't look like he'd know what a computer was let alone the internet.

Sorry about your luck. However, you did commit a crime. Plus you admitted to it, so your pretty much toast. Your just dam lucky no one took your firearm and committed a crime, or even worse got hurt. Your blatant lack of control over your firearm is disgusting. You are correct though, others have done it. I walked into a restroom at AM/PM in Salem OR (many years ago) as a Police officer was walking out. He had left his sidearm on the T/P dispenser. I yelled for him before he made it to the door. So it does happen. But that dose not mean it ever should.

This is obvious trolling, but I have seen people do stupid stuff like this and incriminate themselves.

1) You have the right to remain silent, USE IT.

2) The Fifth Amendment protects you from self incrimination, unless you're dumb enough to willingly talk.

If this was real, the guy would have admitted to being negligent with his gun handling. You have the responsibility of using a secure holster and not losing your weapon.

Regardless, in my opinion the DA is a piece of crap capitalizing on unfortunate events. I have lost count at the numerous news reports of law enforcement officers leaving their firearms behind in a restaurant or hospital restroom while never getting charged with a crime.

To the OP, your actions represent irresponsibility. If you CHOOSE TO LEGALLY CONCEAL A FIREARM then keep it concealed. If not then take your medicine and man up.

Or troll.

Don't feed the troll, they are not one of us. ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE POLITICAL CLIMATE.

Yes, I fed the troll, but only a little.

Regardless, in my opinion the DA is a piece of crap capitalizing on unfortunate events. I have lost count at the numerous news reports of law enforcement officers leaving their firearms behind in a restaurant or hospital restroom while never getting charged with a crime.

People need to remind Joshua Marquis as deputy district attorney for Clatsop county he is an elected official with a finite term that can be challenged at election.

Ummm.....didn't this occur in Tillamook County?

E

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top