Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The D.A. is using my back for a forum

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by watchducky, Dec 26, 2012.

1. watchducky

watchducky Tillamook, Oregon New Member

At the movie house the seat forced my pistol out of my holster and I did not know this until I was home. Now I am indited for 'reckless endangerment' Does anyone know how many cops have left their guns in public places and not been convicted for a crime?

2. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

Get a lawyer.

3. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Movie seats have no volition of their own. You made a series of choices that resulted in whatever situation you find yourself in now.

And yes, I know exactly how many cops have left their guns in public places----10,754 as of Dec 26 2012 5:02 Pacific Standard.

4. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And how did you come up with that figure?

5. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

Yet another reason to use a high quality holster. Get a lawyer and stop posting about it on public forums.

mjbskwim, andreys21, Nwcid and 11 others like this.
  6. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Snohomish County, WA Active Member

Rather than try to deflect your own mistake/negligence, by trying to point out that of others, take some personal responsibility and invest in something that will lock it in place.

7. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Sounds like a reasonable charge. You obviously don't understand how many of us cringe when we see these types of stories in the news and how they make the responsible gun owner look to the rest of society. If you are carrying a gun, you have a responsibility to know where that gun is at all times, check where that gun is repeatedly, and be aware of your gun always. Same goes for police officers as far as I am concerned. Sorry for the vent, but you will likely not get much sympathy here.

8. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

not to question the OP, but this sounds fishy to me...

are you claiming to be the person that left the pistol in the movie theater that kids found? they found it the next day, more than enough time for you to go back to the movie theater that same night and retrieve it...

for a first time poster, I call this a troll...

if you are truly who you are, I would get a lawyer... and stop posting...

too convenient to drag our nice forum into a stupid negligent act... you really didn't think we would congratulate you for being that careless and trying to use cops as an excuse is worse...

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

How about,because I didn't take care with picking a adequate holster,as I sat down my weapon,I must have forgot I had,fell out and was left in a theater that people from all walks of life,including FELONS,RAPIST,and other CRAZIES use,possibly endangering untold numbers of people and the DA is now busting my balls like he should be.

I was an idiot for not knowing my piece was left there and should never be able to own a firearm again.
    I am not worthy.

That's kinda what I would be saying if I was stupid enough to drop my gun ANYWHERE

benjohson, PX4WA, unklekippy and 3 others like this.
  10. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I freaked out one day because I "thought" I lost mine... turns out I took it out of my pocket and set on closet shelf when I got home... Scared me to death. I make sure to constantly be aware of it being on my person all the time.
    Sometimes negligence happens, best thing to do is own up to it and take the consequences. But i would still get a lawyer.

11. scottnbarbi

scottnbarbi Hillsboro Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the Feds come after you too.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  12. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

This is a troll

13. Karma

Karma the woods in Oregon Active Member

Not sure about this guy, but this story is legit. I read about it last week.

14. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

story is legit.... heard about it too all the way in WA... but for the culprit to suddenly show up as a 1st time poster sounds like a troll posing as the perpetrator trying to drag this forum into a specific agenda...

wouldn't be surprised if some anti-gunner starts some trolling and then uses our responses as fodder for their agenda...

if he is legit... he shouldn't be posting anyway...

I would recommend a mod lock this thread

15. RICKRWS

RICKRWS VANCOUVER Active Member

You have great timing! And why did you need a gun to see a movie?

16. Surejam

Surejam Aloha Member

I would certainly take a gun to a movie ! Think... if someone in the Colorado movie theater had carried, it could have been a better outcome.
    I myself also would have kept it in my control and not left it in the seat. Check status of your weapon frequently, and be aware of your surroundings.

17. WashCoDad

WashCoDad Beanerton Active Member

ping IP mod, thx, ya , troll.

18. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I'm with pretty much everyone else.
    You have to be aware of your gun at all times. It is devine intervention that a kid didn't pick if up, pout it at his buddy and pull the trigger.
    The punishment should fit the crime.

19. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

You need the best lawyer you can afford.

Asking a question on a public forum involving your outstanding charges is a foolish way to research your defense.

Showing that people have committed the same crime without being charged is not going to prove your innocence.

20. Murphy

Murphy Oregon Member

If it were me, I'd contact Stephen Houze. It will cost a lot of money but he is the absolute best criminal defense attorney in Oregon.