JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A single fed judge on the 7th stayed the injunction so the mag ban and AWB is back in effect.

Brownells and others were shipping ARs to Illinois as of yesterday.

This is not the same case as the Naperville IL case. The Naperville case currently has an emergency injunction sitting with a very pro-2A Supreme Court justice.

It will be interesting to see what she does with that and whether it will affect the whole state. I think the lower court had to respond to her by may 5 if I'm not mistaken so her ruling should be soon I would think.

Mark smith video on it. only listened to first couple mins so far.

Edit: listened to it and Sounds like this eaterbrook judge is an arrogant and anti-gun judge. Mark smith said he think this is all going to come to a head with scotus.

Last Edited:
A single fed judge on the 7th stayed the injunction so the mag ban and AWB is back in effect.

Brownells and others were shipping ARs to Illinois as of yesterday.

This is not the same case as the Naperville IL case. The Naperville case currently has an emergency injunction sitting with a very pro-2A Supreme Court justice.

It will be interesting to see what she does with that and whether it will affect the whole state. I think the lower court had to respond to her by may 5 if I'm not mistaken so her ruling should be soon I would think.

Mark smith video on it. only listened to first couple mins so far.

Edit: listened to it and Sounds like this eaterbrook judge is an arrogant and anti-gun judge. Mark smith said he think this is all going to come to a head with scotus.

Seems like we can have ruling after ruling and it doesn't matter, the wannabe tyrants don't care about the constitution, only their agenda.

Seems like we can have ruling after ruling and it doesn't matter, the wannabe tyrants don't care about the constitution, only their agenda.
$$$ It's about money. The Oregon Democrats last month dismissed 7 bills that would keep communities and children in schools safe. But they've been all gung-ho on the gun control train. There's no money to be made in policing our schools and communities.....there IS money to be made in Gun Control, especially when Michael Bloomberg, MDA, and Giffords are paying the bills.

It's all about money. Look at who is paying these POS and you'll find your answer.

Under the heading, "Issues that will never die" is a motley collection of controversies with one common denominator: Each is guaranteed to bring lots of campaign donations to the war chest of elected officials at every level and of any political persuasion; consequently, those officials make sure to never bring any of them to a real conclusion. After all, the primary job of every elected official is to get re-elected - not that they'll tell you that - and getting re-elected requires lots of campaign donations.

Gun Control is one of those issues, with 2A/RTKBA in opposition. No matter which way the pendulum swings, it continuously powers the money pumps.

Tyrant seems to be the correct word in this case. Sounds like this judge easterbrook is a pompous bubblegum and basically said, "why didn't you reference my ruling from 2015?" It could be he is saying "I was right, and you are wrong", out of arrogance.

Probably the reason his ruling was not referenced is because it's wrong, and the lower court judge didn't want to piss him off by pointing that out (guessing).

Either way this Easterbrook arrogant judge is part of the 7th which also oversees the Naperville case (as I understand it from the video). So if the pro-gun supreme court justice (Amy Coney Barret) comes down hard in the Naperville case, placing an emergency injunction, it may well affect this case too (I assume so but am not sure).

IMO it's definitely time for SCOTUS to start nipping some of this in the bud and straighten out some of these lower courts who are screwing up (the Naperville judge screwed it up in at least three ways -almost as bad as the anti-gun OR judge Immergut). The reason why this stuff is worth paying attention to imo is they are ahead of WA and OR in mag bans and AWB (WA). So this as well as the Benitez rulings are going to impact the WA and OR bans.

Last Edited:
My concern is that the SCOTUS has no enforcement ability, and you've got PLENTY of politicians blatantly saying, "to hell with the SCOTUS".

Remember this beatch?
IMG_0871.jpeg

Soap box- done

Ballot box- done

Jury box- in process

Cartridge box- standing by

My concern is that the SCOTUS has no enforcement ability, and you've got PLENTY of politicians blatantly saying, "to hell with the SCOTUS".

Remember this beatch?
View attachment 1416948

Soap box- done

Ballot box- done

Jury box- in process

Cartridge box- standing by
Yep. And far too many "means to an end" politicians. They all should be up in arms about the ATF's rule making but the Dems won't be because those rules help them. (Wait for it to be some agency during the next R presidency and it'll be errrmagherrrd tha skandalllll).

That being said - we'll be in some uncharted territory if a scotus decision is just completely ignored by both an executive position and a legislature.

Yep. And far too many "means to an end" politicians. They all should be up in arms about the ATF's rule making but the Dems won't be because those rules help them. (Wait for it to be some agency during the next R presidency and it'll be errrmagherrrd tha skandalllll).

That being said - we'll be in some uncharted territory if a scotus decision is just completely ignored by both an executive position and a legislature.
Not totally--been done before with the forced relocaton of the Cherokee in the Trail of Tears.

"The Supreme Court has made their ruling, now let them ENFORCE it."--Andrew Jackson, just another Democrat slavemaster

...and it get's worse. Evidently their state police, in response to and FFL's inquiry, has now said that even for those that submitted paperwork but have not yet taken possession will in fact not receive their firearms.

Then it get's worse. In the same letter... anyone that purchased a firearm during "freedom week", completed their paperwork and also received their firearm before the ban was reinstated... will... be in possession of an illegal firearm come Jan 1, 2024. They are ignoring the "freedom week" legal purchases and rolling back the acquisition date back to the original enactment date of the new law... Jan 10, 2023,

IOW, to hell with "legally purchased".

1683517305978.png

I don't want to give Ill. any ideas, but if it's legal for the state to deem those legal purchases where in fact "illegal"... how long will it be before they start shutting down all the FFL's for having sold "illegal" weapons????

Mark smith video updates status (below). Basically the Supreme Court normally would not become involved in any proceeding that is not finished. But this time the arrogant bubblegum judge easterbrook (of the 7th) has screwed it up so bad that they might step in.

He says maybe also to prevent states from continuing to thumb their nose at Heller and bruen decisions.

Also he notes that Paul clement (the bruen winning lawyer who is very well respected by scotus) filed a friend of the court brief in favor of the 2A plaintiffs.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews