JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been wanting to start this thread here. I started it on a forum back in Nevada and it was very helpful to new and aged shooters and folks that carry conceal or open.

Basically, its a limited chat and comment thread were you come in and state your Height, Weight, Gun, an Holster. Perhaps a small comment of why and comfortability.

This info is great for new shooters who just got a CHL, as well as those who have carried for years.

I'll start...

6'0", 150# slim profile, Glock 19 gen 3, Aegis Armory Shield. I have the holster set to the top set of holes. I keep it on my right butt hip area. Very comfortable to wear all day, even sitting.

5'9" 160lbs I carry a 1911 in a Summer Comfort (IWB) or sometimes a Shield in a Tagua clip on IWB. Carry either about 3:30. If either is farther forward than that it presses on my hip bone and gets uncomfortable quickly. Need a better holster for the Shield. The 1911 is more comfortable. I know there's a gun on my hip, but it's not hard to carry it all day.

5'10" 200lbs. G19Gen4 in a Concealment Solutions Black Mamba CE or a Blackhawk standard OWB (not a serpa). I keep trying to go smaller and keep deciding to stay with more capacity. That said, I also carry an XDs9mm in a Crossbreed Minituck or in the paddle holster you get from Springfield.

5'11" 205lbs. Alternate between four pistols depending on weather/dress requirements. Walther P99 AS 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm, Kahr CM45, and a Kahr CW380. I carry the first three in SHTF Ace-1 Gen 2 Holsters at about 4:00. I pocket carry the Kahr CW380 in a Sticky Holster.

Last Edited:
5'9 200 lbs sig 227, 1911, or glock 21sf all in Milt Sparks VM2's on a A&G gun belt. All are comfortable to carry all day. Just remember what Clint Smith says a gun should be comforting not comfortable :)

6'1" 250 LC9, in a Kholster IWB or a 649 J frame in a Galco King Tuk IWB when I need to not print at all. When it doesn't matter as much, my FNS9 in a Kholster IWB. I have a Bladetech OWB holster for my FNX45 that I think would be difficult to conceal, but is great for the amateur shooting contests we have at the range. I have a nice Triple K holster for my 6"686 plus that I really like for OWB carry. I carry everything RH between 3 and 4 O'clock IWB and 3 O'clock OWB. I don't love the pocket carry holsters I have, just too bulky. Not a fan of pocket carry anyway.

6', 230#, XDM40 compact, riding on the right rear quarter in a OWB Serpa Blackhawk holster (angled forward in the # 2 position) clipped onto a Cobra belt (compliments of PigNorton91). Like many have said it is comfortable.

6'2", 205#, P938 Nightmare, Desantis Sof-Tuck.

I have fooled around with other holsters, and other styles, but I've always returned to the cheap-ish Sof Tuck and appendix between 11 and 12 o'clock (I'm a righty). It's very comfortable for me, it is invisible, and it is fast and easy to draw from. The holster does a great job covering the safety, and isn't uncomfortable when it is hot like I've found plastic to be.

Last Edited:
Old and well rounded; shrunk to 5'9", 240# and have carried various but favorite is a 1911 in either 4.25" or 3.0" lengths. Favorite holsters are DM Bullard and Landshark Leather IWB carried at about 4 o'clock. At my size and with my body type I haven't had any trouble concealing larger pistols.

6' @ 210# my EDC is a Glock-30 IWB Galco KingTuck @ 3-3:30 right side, and sometimes I pocket carry. Sometimes I also carry and extra 10-rnd mag in my pocket or OWB @ 8:30-9.

I ALWAYS carry a folding knife clipped in my front right pocket as well.

6'4" 260#, Springfield EMP in Desantis leather IWB and/or one of several mouse guns in various mouse holsters in the front pocket.

Carried a Sig P220 for over a decade in various IWB rigs until the EMP.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top