JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been wanting to start this thread here. I started it on a forum back in Nevada and it was very helpful to new and aged shooters and folks that carry conceal or open.

Basically, its a limited chat and comment thread were you come in and state your Height, Weight, Gun, an Holster. Perhaps a small comment of why and comfortability.

This info is great for new shooters who just got a CHL, as well as those who have carried for years.

I'll start...

6'0", 150# slim profile, Glock 19 gen 3, Aegis Armory Shield. I have the holster set to the top set of holes. I keep it on my right butt hip area. Very comfortable to wear all day, even sitting.

5'9" 160lbs I carry a 1911 in a Summer Comfort (IWB) or sometimes a Shield in a Tagua clip on IWB. Carry either about 3:30. If either is farther forward than that it presses on my hip bone and gets uncomfortable quickly. Need a better holster for the Shield. The 1911 is more comfortable. I know there's a gun on my hip, but it's not hard to carry it all day.

5'10" 200lbs. G19Gen4 in a Concealment Solutions Black Mamba CE or a Blackhawk standard OWB (not a serpa). I keep trying to go smaller and keep deciding to stay with more capacity. That said, I also carry an XDs9mm in a Crossbreed Minituck or in the paddle holster you get from Springfield.

5'11" 205lbs. Alternate between four pistols depending on weather/dress requirements. Walther P99 AS 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm, Kahr CM45, and a Kahr CW380. I carry the first three in SHTF Ace-1 Gen 2 Holsters at about 4:00. I pocket carry the Kahr CW380 in a Sticky Holster.

Last Edited:
5'9 200 lbs sig 227, 1911, or glock 21sf all in Milt Sparks VM2's on a A&G gun belt. All are comfortable to carry all day. Just remember what Clint Smith says a gun should be comforting not comfortable :)

6'1" 250 LC9, in a Kholster IWB or a 649 J frame in a Galco King Tuk IWB when I need to not print at all. When it doesn't matter as much, my FNS9 in a Kholster IWB. I have a Bladetech OWB holster for my FNX45 that I think would be difficult to conceal, but is great for the amateur shooting contests we have at the range. I have a nice Triple K holster for my 6"686 plus that I really like for OWB carry. I carry everything RH between 3 and 4 O'clock IWB and 3 O'clock OWB. I don't love the pocket carry holsters I have, just too bulky. Not a fan of pocket carry anyway.

6', 230#, XDM40 compact, riding on the right rear quarter in a OWB Serpa Blackhawk holster (angled forward in the # 2 position) clipped onto a Cobra belt (compliments of PigNorton91). Like many have said it is comfortable.

6'2", 205#, P938 Nightmare, Desantis Sof-Tuck.

I have fooled around with other holsters, and other styles, but I've always returned to the cheap-ish Sof Tuck and appendix between 11 and 12 o'clock (I'm a righty). It's very comfortable for me, it is invisible, and it is fast and easy to draw from. The holster does a great job covering the safety, and isn't uncomfortable when it is hot like I've found plastic to be.

Last Edited:
Old and well rounded; shrunk to 5'9", 240# and have carried various but favorite is a 1911 in either 4.25" or 3.0" lengths. Favorite holsters are DM Bullard and Landshark Leather IWB carried at about 4 o'clock. At my size and with my body type I haven't had any trouble concealing larger pistols.

6' @ 210# my EDC is a Glock-30 IWB Galco KingTuck @ 3-3:30 right side, and sometimes I pocket carry. Sometimes I also carry and extra 10-rnd mag in my pocket or OWB @ 8:30-9.

I ALWAYS carry a folding knife clipped in my front right pocket as well.

6'4" 260#, Springfield EMP in Desantis leather IWB and/or one of several mouse guns in various mouse holsters in the front pocket.

Carried a Sig P220 for over a decade in various IWB rigs until the EMP.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top