JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An interesting (and somewhat chilling) article about virus modification in Foreign Policy:

In September, an amiable Dutchman stepped up to the podium at a scientific meeting convened on the island of Malta and announced that he had created a form of influenza that could well be the deadliest contagious disease humanity has ever faced. The bombshell announcement, by virologist Ron Fouchier of Erasmus Medical Center, sparked weeks of vigorous debate among the world's experts on bioterrorism, influenza, virology, and national security over whether the research should have been performed or announced and whether it should ever be published.

If something like this got out into the wild, what would be your game plan?

I suppose my game plan would be to stay home & try to ride-out the storm. How long would that be? Would I know when to pull up the "gangplank" to the rest of society and sequester myself at home?

Not trying to fear monger, but this research is going on and it's probably worth considering how you might react, whether your current preps would cover this, etc.

Is there any way to tell? You don't know that you've got it till three days after you've picked it up. Or are we assuming that the facts will be known before the deadly flu comes this way over the rockies?

You'd have to have your house payed off in order to skip work for the month or few until things got figured out.

Is there any way to tell? You don't know that you've got it till three days after you've picked it up. Or are we assuming that the facts will be known before the deadly flu comes this way over the rockies?

You'd have to have your house payed off in order to skip work for the month or few until things got figured out.

I'm assuming that if there was an outbreak of something like this, you'd hear about it - but how quickly it would spread & whether you'd appreciate the magnitude to take appropriate actions (like walking from your job, pulling your kids from school, etc.) is unclear.

Upside: if you did survive something like this, you'd have your choice of houses to live in, as their former occupants wouldn't be needing them anymore.

Don't forget all the crying wolf with SARS, bird flu, swine flu, and whatever the next dozen sensationalized bugs the news grabs hold of, plan on at least a month of every year hiding while trying to figure out if there's honestly something to worry about this time, or of someone is trying to get their numbers up before cost analysis for the ad renewals again

For prevention once you hear of an outbreak or treatment I would say MMS Water. Research it. It has been able to kill Malaria in 75,000 infected persons in Africa and almost every virus in the body. Of course it requires a person to think outside the box and the vast majority of people cannot do this.

All I can say is that with me it killed the second worst flu I've had in my life, overnight, 100%, within 24 hours of the symptoms showing up. Absolutely bizarre that the next morning I had no temperature and felt like a million bucks.

Those that think that their only course of action is to get in line at a hospital or sit in a corner and die need not apply. Miracle Mineral Solution | MMS | Miracle Mineral Supplement

Isolation probably won't do the trick since an airborne contagion can cover hundreds of miles in days and reach even remote areas.

Don't let scenarios like this depress you or instill fear in your life. Just do your research, find the best course for dealing with the possibility, and then move on with your life. My guess is the real 'contagion' that is coming is lack of food aka starvation in the coming economic collapse, not a deadly virus.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top