JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://electroverse.net/chinese-ci...893-dangerously-cold-temperatures-to-hit-u-s/

That's a broad predictions, prep any travel plans

"DANGEROUSLY COLD TEMPERATURES" TO HIT U.S. AND CANADA

An Arctic front continues to push deeper and deeper into the CONUS dragging in frigid air behind it — many local media outlets, including krtv.com and ksal.com, are calling the incoming temperatures "dangerously cold".

"According to the National Weather Service, the fierce chill, which began sweeping northern states, such as Montana, on Sunday, will drop down into the Midwestern U.S. Monday night. Overnight lows in Salina, central Kansas, for example, are forecast to break records Tuesday morning "as a dangerously cold arctic air mass settles over the area," reports ksal.com — Tuesday's low in Salina is forecast to be 2 or 3 degrees F, with the city's record for Feb 22 currently the 3F set back in 1911 (solar minimum of cycle 14, during the Centennial Minimum).

https://electroverse.net/chinese-ci...893-dangerously-cold-temperatures-to-hit-u-s/

That's a broad predictions, prep any travel plans

"DANGEROUSLY COLD TEMPERATURES" TO HIT U.S. AND CANADA

An Arctic front continues to push deeper and deeper into the CONUS dragging in frigid air behind it — many local media outlets, including krtv.com and ksal.com, are calling the incoming temperatures "dangerously cold".

"According to the National Weather Service, the fierce chill, which began sweeping northern states, such as Montana, on Sunday, will drop down into the Midwestern U.S. Monday night. Overnight lows in Salina, central Kansas, for example, are forecast to break records Tuesday morning "as a dangerously cold arctic air mass settles over the area," reports ksal.com — Tuesday's low in Salina is forecast to be 2 or 3 degrees F, with the city's record for Feb 22 currently the 3F set back in 1911 (solar minimum of cycle 14, during the Centennial Minimum).
This proves climate change beyond a doubt! Right? They used to report cold weather as cold, frigid, REALLY cold, etc. But now it's "DANGROUSLY" cold.

This proves climate change beyond a doubt! Right? They used to report cold weather as cold, frigid, REALLY cold, etc. But now it's "DANGROUSLY" cold.
There are two types of people:
- Those that know climate changes
- Those that think the Earth is flat

Whether or not you think Humans have a demonstrable affect on world climate is a debate for another day...but to go to the extreme end of "climate isn't changing" is just...wrong.

There are two types of people:
- Those that know climate changes
- Those that think the Earth is flat

Whether or not you think Humans have a demonstrable affect on world climate is a debate for another day...but to go to the extreme end of "climate isn't changing" is just...wrong.
Just as a river cuts a new bed, or the winds change the sands, my wife changes moods, or I change avatars....

Ah, climate change.
The hubris of man, that we can change and kill the earth with our shenanigans. Silly little humans.
While we may soil our nest, purportedly kill 60% of living animals, and continue on a juggernaut to make the earth uninhabitable, the earth will be fine, our progeny may not be so good.
I was at a birthday celebration recently where everyone else there was an extreme leftist. They all talked about the Netflix movie, "Don't Look Up" and it being a metaphor for global warming.
I told them that to think the earth remains static or would without us was sheer folly. I didn't go so far as to say to all of them, "want to make a change? Don't eat beef, give up dairy, stop driving, using electricity, buying things or heating their homes." I added, just like elected officials, we choose our fate, and it doesn't look good in the long term.
I concluded, humans will all die, the earth doesn't care, and something will take our place.
I didn't add, but should have, that they needed to be prepared for a dominance of nuclear power in our grandchildren's future.
Oh well.
@Mikej, my cynical take is that they use the term "dangerous" because people are too stupid to understand it any other way.

Ah, climate change.
The hubris of man, that we can change and kill the earth with our shenanigans. Silly little humans.
While we may soil our nest, purportedly kill 60% of living animals, and continue on a juggernaut to make the earth uninhabitable, the earth will be fine, our progeny may not be so good.
I was at a birthday celebration recently where everyone else there was an extreme leftist. They all talked about the Netflix movie, "Don't Look Up" and it being a metaphor for global warming.
I told them that to think the earth remains static or would without us was sheer folly. I didn't go so far as to say to all of them, "want to make a change? Don't eat beef, give up dairy, stop driving, using electricity, buying things or heating their homes." I added, just like elected officials, we choose our fate, and it doesn't look good in the long term.
I concluded, humans will all die, the earth doesn't care, and something will take our place.
I didn't add, but should have, that they needed to be prepared for a dominance of nuclear power in our grandchildren's future.
Oh well.
@Mikej, my cynical take is that they use the term "dangerous" because people are too stupid to understand it any other way.
I agree, the sheep will be herded by TPTB till the end of time. Many people nowadays are educated idiots with a ring in their noses.

I have proof that climate changes...........well at least as many times as these get changed........

mime-attachment1616.jpg

Supposed to get cold around here as well...lows of 28, 18, 21, 26 and 28 for the next 5 nights.
Bring it on...

I love my wood stove and 3 or 4 year seasoned ash, oak and madrone.

And if all else fails....

Cold weather cure.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews