JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so…. are they saying we should avoid cross country skiing?? :s0153:

NOAA to introduce new meteorological term…. "Colder than a Finnish crotch" to replace old sexist "colder than a witch's tit"

ABC local news playing everything up to distract from the covid oppression and overall abysmal failures of the Bidoon presidency, typical tactic played by the left (ignore it all, stay focused and reject their bs)

Russian invasion (don't pay attention to the covid lockdowns)
Killer storm coming (don't pay attention the crime wave/riots)
Gun violence and murder on the rise (don't pay attention to the massive inflation and lack of food; Oh yeah I forgot to say "take all their guns!") :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
It's gonna be a bit nippy for us these next two days.
Screenshot_20220221-155936-744.png

given the near hysteria of the national eastern weather people
I can't believe anybody IN THE DEAD OF WINTER in those places would
so willingly go out jamming down the freeway; certainly I used to willingly cruise from Boise to PDX thru such snow as seen above; Minam area was always touchy. Got delayed enough times at the Baker end of the hill section to get the idea it wasn't all that smart to hazard out in such conditions even being younger & much much dumber.

Stuck for a while outside The Dalles on roadway so slick you literally could not stand up on it.

I'm retired. I don't go out in such conditions anymore.

Where I'm from, February was one of the most dangerous months with daily temps rarely breaking single digits. 40 below with additional wind chill was expected, and without heat people would freeze to death in their own homes.

I appreciate that the word "dangerous" is used to describe the cold; not everybody is familiar with these frigid temperatures and deserve a notice. Yes, some may be too dumb to realize it could be deadly but some don't know any better.

I won't open the can of worms regarding the disturbingly rapid heating our earth is experiencing, not following weather patterns as expected. To me it's as obvious as, well, cold being dangerous.

Brrrr. It's gonna be cold for a few days. I can remember when people took such things in stride. When I was living in N. Idaho in the early '80s, I walked to work one morning and got to the office to find out it was 17 below.

The office conversation was going something like this:

"Sure is cold this morning."

"Yup. Sure is."

Ever seen a river frozen?
This was a morning not too terribly many years ago at - 32 on the Deschutes RIver not far from my house.
I took a ride on my quad down to it. There were others there as well enjoying the morning!

ice.jpg

Last Edited:
Brrrr. It's gonna be cold for a few days. I can remember when people took such things in stride. When I was living in N. Idaho in the early '80s, I walked to work one morning and got to the office to find out it was 17 below.

The office conversation was going something like this:

"Sure is cold this morning."

"Yup. Sure is."
That's because everyone is taught to be cowardly snowflakes that have to be saved by the government all the time and watched over by our overlords at the mainstream media and online social media masters.
Siri, are you listening?

That's because everyone is taught to be cowardly snowflakes that have to be saved by the government all the time and watched over by our overlords at the mainstream media and online social media masters.
Siri, are you listening?
Isn't cold weather good for snowflakes? Like, they don't melt or something?

Just imagine that the weather outside
is frightful, but singing "Tom Sawyer" with the Foo Fighters in a stadium setting is quite delightful..

Last Edited:
I concluded, humans will all die, the earth doesn't care
It's coming for us all, it's just a matter of timing.

I-84 over the Blue Mountains is a cluster
Uh-oh, another great big shipment of supply chain problems on the way. It won't be limited to I-84, from the looks of weather maps in the midwest.

February was one of the most dangerous months
I've lived in the PNW for many years now, I've always thought of February as a poor month for weather. Good thing it's a couple of days short. This year, we had a bad late December, first couple of days of January. Then we had a pretty nice spell for this time of year. I read one local news report that called it, "false Spring." I've noted some of the plants outside have been fooled, and are optimistically starting to bud out. I've left the covers on my outside water bibs, way too soon to take those off. I had the studded snow tires on my old Mercury not-so-Grand Marquis for a couple of weeks when snow hit but those came back off. I can't stand driving with them on any longer than necessary. It's not that much trouble to swap them; if needed again, they will go back on.

A foul-mouthed cover (NSFW) But Brian can ROCK!
Let's see. They had three guitars to Rush's one. Rush's bassist sings while he plays. And the drummer, well, fortunately but sadly, Neil could not hear that. The video cements Foo Fighters as marginal (IMHO as a Rush fan, lol). But huge kudos to dude coming on stage cold to sing that song!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top