JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The different sects of muslims will be fighting and killing each other until one side is wiped out or the world ends.

This was the same issue in Iraq.

No different than the bloods and crips, they just do it in the name of muhamed

This is what happens in a rebellion against a government.

This is what happens when the US government tries removing the existing government to install a puppet. ISIS is the doing of our government (primarily neocons like Hillary) and our allies the Saudis.

Erdogan is censoring the press, even shutting down publications and TV channels that criticize him.

If you want a more nuanced understanding of what is going on in Turkey than what the Ministry of Propaganda provides, listen to Sibel Edmonds, e.g.:

Newsbud- Sibel Edmonds Dissects the Turkey Coup Attempt: A CIA-Gulen Concocted Dry Run

A New Revelation from Newsbud's Sibel Edmonds: "Turkey's Never-Admitted-to Nuclear Capabilities"

Last Edited:
So, let's set theology and geo-politics aside for the moment and focus on the technical lessons that can be derived from this video. Understand this is really a human interest piece and other factors aren't clear but here are several observations -

• Rebel snipers are making good use of what equipment they have. We see a wide variety of sniping arms (no two are the same type) thus making supply in ammunition and repair challenging. There were only two dedicated sniping arms – a Steyr SSG and a Soviet SVD.

• Ammunition wasn't a point of discussion; I'm curious if any sort of match quality rounds are available. Standard ball ammunition would reduce accuracy potential and therefore effective range.

• There is no observed use of optics other than rifle scopes – i.e. binoculars and particularly spotting scopes aren't available.

• The primary mission is eliminating opposing personnel; observation and intelligence reporting isn't a priority. By extension, I'm assuming the command/control structure and support is very loose.

• All observed shooting positions were pre-prepared loop holes in walls with the appearance of being constantly manned or regularly used.

• There was no attempt at concealment other than use of loop holes.

• Snipers seem to be experienced but untrained; they work together fairly well but technique is crude at best. Example: taking shooting positions right at the loop opening and resting the rifle barrel on the wall.

• Multiple shots were taken from at the same position making it easier for enemy spotters to detect the sniper.

• Rapid ingress/egress the regularly used positions seem to a priority as opposed to adapting changing conditions with improvised hides.

There is very little continuity in the Sniping going on there, No set goals, just a turkey shoot against any and all targets! Range, coordination, coms, OPSEC, set goals, intelligence gathering, specific targeting of command and control, of supply and logistics, ALL are missing in this war of snipers we are seeing! Things will be different Here IF things kick off that direction, Too many Trained 'Mericans with the tools and skills would make very short work of things should they escalate that far! Given the political "feel" we are experiencing today, this pot could boil over any minute! God Help Us!!!

T.E. Lawrence once wrote that men have been fighting one another for ten thousand years, there is no excuse to do so badly. I agree that we have a much larger and deeper skill base but would there be any better organization and coordination? I'm not sure.
I think there would be, Once a "command structure" was set up. With all the Vets from the last 40 years with those skills, I can see it working quite effectively, especially in small focused ops!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews