JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The battle for Aleppo in Syria past being 4 years long this last summer, and still continues. For all of this time, a sniper war has been bitterly waged inside the now ruined and destroyed city. Here is a fascinating investigative report showing the rebel side of this sniper battle.

Can you imagine what a hell this must be like? Take a look at this video, and you will see. One sniper announces to the reporter that he is willing to give his life, and the lives of all nine of his sons, to this fight, all in the name of Allah. He then admits that he only has 7 sons still alive, as 2 had already been martyred for Allah and the rebellion. Then just an hour after his interview, he is killed by a Syrian government sniper.

Dang man. It's a nasty civil war there. This is what happens in a rebellion against a government.

Pay close attention.

They don't care who they kill, men, women, and any children. Pretty disgusting. And other nations are helping do it.

Just think, those are sparsely/un educated, ill-equipped, cavemen wearing dirty nightshirts... imagine what a civil war here would be like with educated/trained, well equipped, highly motivated, and angry combatants.... o_O

You mean those that haven't been anesthetized by countless systems of control to be docile and obedient. Those uneducated cavemen are so dangerous precisely because they are uneducated (i.e., unindoctrinated). When either fascists or communists come to power the first thing they do is build schools. For that matter, it's the first thing America does, too, when we occupy a country (Afghanistan, etc). Why is that?
I'm dubious about just how heroic most of us will be when the fighting starts. Forgive my pessimism. I'll wrap myself in the flag and sing God Bless America today as penance for doubting.

PS-- I think I'll take a nap later. I'm a grouchy cuss today. :mad:

Last Edited:
So, who are the good guys and who are the bad guys :confused:

That's a question that can be asked about a lot of wars.
As far as Syria goes, the Kurds are the only ones that haven't allied with or been infiltrated in some way by ISIS. They've also been more or less well behaved on the battlefield, not targeting civilians, and doing only the normal shooting of captured enemy here and there that every army does on the battlefield. The Kurds have been our only reliable allies in the region. If it wasn't for fear of aggravating our supposed ally Turkey we could support them full throttle and openly.

So, who are the good guys and who are the bad guys :confused:

It is actually a religious war between the two major sects of Islam: Shia and Sunni. The Syrian Government side has a coalition of religions ( including Christians, but mainly the country's Shia offshoot ) who are backing it. Against them, though, are Sunni Muslims, who are the most populous in the area.

So it is best described as a religious war. These two sects of Islam have been fighting and killing each other since Mohammed died. Shia dominated Lebanon and Iran are supporting the Syrian government, while Sunni Muslim Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and a couple of other gulf states are supporting the rebels.

It is certainly not a war for democracy. The rebels wish to form a Sunni Islamic State, while the current Syrian government is secular in nature

Public Television's Frontline news magazine has been doing the best reporting on the situation in Syria over the years. They have a number of shows dedicated to it.

Here is their first report from 2012, done the year the war started. It gives a good overview of both sides. Checkout the videos on their website, if you really want to come to better understand this war.

The Battle for Syria

Muslims are the most intolerant people on the earth, in my opinion. That is because they cannot even tolerate fellow Muslims, if they do not belong to the same sect of Islam.

Thanks for the "Bad Guy" clarification :)
There seems to be so many "Players" involved out there that they can't be defined by national, or political origin. You almost have to go by religious affiliation and who makes the determination there:confused: The Inmans :rolleyes:

Thanks Lance. You've pretty well spelled it out.:)

It's a shyte storm no doubt. The innocents who suffer really disturb me but there is no easy answer. I console myself with the fact every day more militant radicals fill body bags either Sunni or Shia. If anyone thinks this 600 plus year multi-generational war is going to end short of them coming after a mutual enemy (Read Us! as in US),or one group wiping out the other, you are sadly mistaken.

Brutus Out

Last Edited:
That's a question that can be asked about a lot of wars.
As far as Syria goes, the Kurds are the only ones that haven't allied with or been infiltrated in some way by ISIS. They've also been more or less well behaved on the battlefield, not targeting civilians, and doing only the normal shooting of captured enemy here and there that every army does on the battlefield. The Kurds have been our only reliable allies in the region. If it wasn't for fear of aggravating our supposed ally Turkey we could support them full throttle and openly.

Democracy in Turkey has been slowly dying for years, ever since Erdogan won election in 2003. Erdogan's goal has been to get rid of Turkey's former secular government, and make Turkey a more conservative Islamic state like Saudi Arabia. The Army tried a coup against him, but unlike Egypt's army taking over the government there, the revolt in Turkey failed.

Erdogan is censoring the press, even shutting down publications and TV channels that criticize him. And he used the coup attempt to not only do another massive purge of the military, but also arrest his opponents in their Parliament.

Turkey is a Sunni Muslim state, so they have aligned themselves with the rebels in Syria, who are all Sunni Muslims. The fact of the matter is that they are not opposed to ISIS, and instead, support them.

And they definitely hate the Kurds with a passion.

The whole damn Middle East is a huge mess, in my opinion.

Turkey's "double game" on ISIS and support for extremist groups highlighted after horrific Istanbul attack

Thanks for the "Bad Guy" clarification :)
There seems to be so many "Players" involved out there that they can't be defined by national, or political origin. You almost have to go by religious affiliation and who makes the determination there:confused: The Inmans :rolleyes:

Thanks Lance. You've pretty well spelled it out.:)

Well, do checkout Frontline's website. It is the best news magazine show on the air. And they actually cover serious and important topics very factually.

There are no real good guys in Syria. The Sunni and Shia Muslims can continue on with slaughtering each other, as far as I am concerned.

It's a shyte storm no doubt. The innocents who suffer really disturb me but there is no easy answer. I console myself with the fact every day more militant radicals fill body bags rather Sunni or Shia. If anyone thinks this 600 plus year multi-generational war is going to end short of them coming after a mutual enemy (Read Us! as in US),or one group wiping out the other, you are sadly mistaken.

Brutus Out

3 years ago a Muslim on an Islamic Facebook page told me that conversion to Islam was the answer to all of America's societal problems. He told me that under Islam, homosexuality would not be allowed, much less allow gays to marry. He told me that our economics would improve, once the Jewish control of America's banks was ended. And he said that families would all be happy under Islam, and divorce would end in our country. Likewise, children would start to respect their parents again, if they prayed to Mecca.

In addition, alcoholism and drug use would all disappear too, he said. I think that many Muslims around the world consider America to be an evil, vile cesspool, that needs the influence of Islam.

He told me to "Obey the will of Allah, and peace and prosperity will be yours to have." I never forgot those words, they were so remarkable.

3 years ago a Muslim on an Islamic Facebook page told me that conversion to Islam was the answer to all of America's societal problems. He told me that under Islam, homosexuality would not be allowed, much less allow gays to marry. He told me that our economics would improve, once the Jewish control of America's banks was ended. And he said that families would all be happy under Islam, and divorce would end in our country. Likewise, children would start to respect their parents again, if they prayed to Mecca.

In addition, alcoholism and drug use would all disappear too, he said. I think that many Muslims around the world consider America to be an evil, vile cesspool, that needs the influence of Islam.

He told me to "Obey the will of Allah, and peace and prosperity will be yours to have." I never forgot those words, they were so remarkable.

We have our problems. We pretty much all agree that "sh!t ain't right". But the last enemy of ours that thought we were a "vile cesspool" of decadence and thus could not win a war was Nazi Germany. How did that work out for them? Even the decadent Roman Empire still won wars and battles as they declined.

Riiiight, because Muslim men don't bugger young boys, and why get a divorce if you can just concurrently marry other women or "honor kill" your wife? And children will respect their parents or they'll get pushed off a building or stoned to death. And NO Muslim uses opium... oh yeah, plus you can get away with raping a woman unless no less than three Muslim men witness it.:rolleyes:

Riiiight, because Muslim men don't bugger young boys, and why get a divorce if you can just concurrently marry other women or "honor kill" your wife? And children will respect their parents or they'll get pushed off a building or stoned to death. And NO Muslim uses opium... oh yeah, plus you can get away with raping a woman unless no less than three Muslim men witness it.:rolleyes:
My buddy,who was Mexican,could blend in with the Saudis at the bar. So he would drink with them. Yes they would drink alcohol too.:eek:
This was until someone from Boeing space center saw them at the same table.
That's why the young ones come to college here. So they don't have to follow muslim law

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top