JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Joe Link Stated:
something we should demand from all interactions both online and off.

I am slow, I missed this part in replying to the first redundant statement you made of most recent, towards me.

One can DEMAND, that the Sun stand still in the Sky, One can DEMAND that All Drivers OBEY Motor Vehicle LAWS . . .

Key Word there is "Demand" Whether you accept the following or not, it is TRUTH, "all my interactions in Person, Face to Face, start from a Peaceful Point . . . How I continue, is ~Sometimes~ Not Always, based upon the Other Person.

Example, I received a Phone call last Week from the VA, to start with, the Caller was Belligerent.
(I should have hung up right then)
Within the call he Outright Lied to me Four different times, and then called me a liar, by creating something he said I told him . . . at that Point, I referred to him a genetic cross between a Horse and a donkey.

It came to a Point where I needed his Last Name, he said his first name, and his work department.

I called him Mr. "Work Department" and proceeded to ask a second time, then a Final Third time, Mr. "Work Department", where upon he spelled his three letter last name. Three Days Later, AFTER I Had calmed Down, I sent the whole issue, in 27 8X10 Color Glossy Photo's to Patient Advocate, who wrote back "I am sorry you were MisTreated" and sent the Charge of MisConduct by a VA Worker towards a Veteran, to the man's Supervisor.

In Short Joe, I hope with this tale of woes, that you learn Soon, that YOU have No RIGHT to demand Anything from Anybody, OUTSIDE the Cyber Walls of this Forum . . . and by Stating it as You Publicly Did, you have once again Proven my Point. your request is an example of GENERATIONAL ISSUES.

I grew up in the Fifties and Sixties: anybody Older than ten years my senior, was called Mr. or my Dad ~developed my Politeness~ err spanked my Butt.

Within the Cyber Walls here, Were, and Still are Members of all political persuasions I have seen Threads, where Liberal Leaning Phokes get to use Nazi, and others have their Posts removed for using the Term "Liberal, gosh, Dichotomy being Practiced in Plain View, of the Whole World, that includes the 23 Robot Guests, from China watching your forum . . .:s0011: I wonder what They want.

Joe, you may OR may not think I am simply babbling on . . . however, The Truth OUTS.

This Forum nor Any Forum I have been on yet, Is Not perfect ... ~Pixie Dust from Unicorn Pharts~.

However, to State what I have quoted you, in my last two Posts, indicates Many things to this old Curmudgeon, all of them already Spoken, None of them are considered by TPTB, to be Reality.

To understand REALITY, one must first define Illusions . . . and It is MY Opinion, that you expect to much from Conservative Minded Peoples, While Allowing Liberals to calmly preach Hate: reference that term "Nazi", That Joe will not EVER be CORRECTED by "be Excellent" or similar Vanes of thinking.

I learned 54 years ago, You can put Clothes on a Man and call him a Priest, but the Jug of Alcohol half drained in his hand, will Show the Truth, he is a WineO' . . .

philip :s0104: . . . :s0111: KumByYah . . . not for me, I live in a Real World.

edited for Grammer & Grandper

Last Edited:
I have had some arguments here, but not hot enough to get hate mail. This place is pretty mild if you ask me. Some people just don't like what I have to day or how I said it. When they don't adore me I tend not to adore them too... till next week when we are both back in the mutual admiration society.

If you want to force people to play nice then require people to use their real names. Some people will stop posting but they're going to anyway if you have to check a rule list to determine if what you want to say is okay.

That would provide to much personal information!
"Ooooh it says here that Don H has X, Y & Z guns" said the thief filling out his shopping list & searching public records for Don's address.

So after having watched the new policy changes for a time that are now in effect I have seemed to notice that posts (even entire threads) have gotten deleted without any indication that they ever existed, nor any opportunity for the author(s) of any "offensive" posts/threads to perhaps "fine tune" a questionable post via a "nudge/reminder" from a moderator. I suppose it's easier to just delete a "questionable" post/thread as it would probably (and understandably) take too much time to follow up afterwards to ensure "compliance", at least that's my suspicion.

I seriously don't have any problem with this website's "mission statement" and I'm not all down with referring to those with opposing points of view as "pond scum" or "sub-human", that's rude per se (for those of you in the metro area "per se" means, "in itself" ;)) , but I'm finding this website's apparent current modus operandi (for those of you in the metro area that means, "mode of operation" ;)) to reflect how the current "party in power" that resides in Salem operates... (For starters) an alarming lack of transparency.

I'm all for "being excellent" to each other and I haven't personally launched any personal attacks against a single forum member, but it gets increasingly difficult (every once in a while) not to vent the building frustration (and anger) in as humorous a method as possible (in case you haven't noticed, that's sorta my thing) towards the source of 2A infringements (and other civil liberties for that matter) and to occasionally point out some of the tertiary ABSURDITIES coming from that source (for those of you in the metro area tertiary means "third in order of rank" ;)).

In keeping with NWFA policies the primary source I refer too shall not be specifically named lest it upset certain "mindset sensibilities" (God forbid), but I guess below every lovely "flower garden" is a layer of manure... whatever.

I by no means advocate for being a nasty little "online turd", but y'all might just consider that getting "offended" (every once in a while) is good for you, it slaps the complacency outta you... just sayin' o_O

So after having watched the new policy changes for a time that are now in effect I have seemed to notice that posts (even entire threads) have gotten deleted without any indication that they ever existed, nor any opportunity for the author(s) of any "offensive" posts/threads to perhaps "fine tune" a questionable post via a "nudge/reminder" from a moderator. I suppose it's easier to just delete a "questionable" post/thread as it would probably (and understandably) take too much time to follow up afterwards to ensure "compliance", at least that's my suspicion.

I seriously don't have any problem with this website's "mission statement" and I'm not all down with referring to those with opposing points of view as "pond scum" or "sub-human", that's rude per se (for those of you in the metro area "per se" means, "in itself" ;)) , but I'm finding this website's apparent current modus operandi (for those of you in the metro area that means, "mode of operation" ;)) to reflect how the current "party in power" that resides in Salem operates... (For starters) an alarming lack of transparency.

I'm all for "being excellent" to each other and I haven't personally launched any personal attacks against a single forum member, but it gets increasingly difficult (every once in a while) not to vent the building frustration (and anger) in as humorous a method as possible (in case you haven't noticed, that's sorta my thing) towards the source of 2A infringements (and other civil liberties for that matter) and to occasionally point out some of the tertiary ABSURDITIES coming from that source (for those of you in the metro area tertiary means "third in order of rank" ;)).

In keeping with NWFA policies the primary source I refer too shall not be specifically named lest it upset certain "mindset sensibilities" (God forbid), but I guess below every lovely "flower garden" is a layer of manure... whatever.

I by no means advocate for being a nasty little "online turd", but y'all might just consider that getting "offended" (every once in a while) is good for you, it slaps the complacency outta you... just sayin' o_O

I agree. There are times when it just seems like the only way you can properly express and channel your frustration with certain folks such as politicians calls for a bit stronger language and more colorful metaphors. I'm not easily offended and if someone doesn't like my political or religious views, I don't get butt hurt if someone has a differing view. I think adults should be able to have adult discussions, debates, even arguments without getting offended that someone doesn't share your point of view. In fact, I think intense debate with people of differing views is healthy and helpful in improving your critical thinking skills.

I agree it doesn't need to be all name calling, but sometimes I do wish we could be a bit more intense and open about our opinions without having to worry about offending everyone.

I am doing my best to follow the rules, but it would be nice if maybe we had a restricted sub forum with pretty much no rules - just let it all fly and stay out if it's too much for you. At this point, if I want some really honest, no holds barred discussion/debate, I have to go elsewhere, and there are a few other forums I go to for that.

That being said, this is still my go to forum and the only one I've ever financially supported.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys. If you could message me with examples I'd appreciate it :)

Small problem with messaging for some of us, @Joe Link ... in my case the inbox is Beyond Full, and the boardware doesn't give us a Download Messages as Text File option to back 'em up for me to be comfortable doing serious deletion. :(

My one complaint about the software... and one request: if you ever DO decide to move to a Real Names Only policy, please give those of us with objections plenty of advance warning and a way that we can prevent ourselves from being Outed?

Small problem with messaging for some of us, @Joe Link ... in my case the inbox is Beyond Full, and the boardware doesn't give us a Download Messages as Text File option to back 'em up for me to be comfortable doing serious deletion. :(

My one complaint about the software... and one request: if you ever DO decide to move to a Real Names Only policy, please give those of us with objections plenty of advance warning and a way that we can prevent ourselves from being Outed?

If you'd like you can also email me using the contact link at the bottom of the page.

Don't worry, we will not be moving to a real name only policy.

I think that the emphasis on making positive first impressions is critical. NWFA is a quality community and shouldn't succumb to the slug fest that you often find in forums around the internet. Keep up the great work!

I think that the emphasis on making positive first impressions is critical. NWFA is a quality community and shouldn't succumb to the slug fest that you often find in forums around the internet. Keep up the great work!

Thank you!

Blocking all news links; what about NRA-ILA news links? Or OFF news links? Those two are where a lot of our legislative action news comes from.

Rodney

This just pertains to news which isn't firearm-related and political, religious, or generally divisive in nature. We didn't want it to be too strict, and firearm-related news is absolutely allowed :)

I honestly have not been on for awhile. I really could care less on the political front. I just really want firearm owners to be responsible. All of the shootings are being blamed on us the responsible owners. So the out of touch people that we have elected think that we need stricter laws to control guns. What does that do nothing! that is my two cents. Any way back on track. People need to get a long with each other. There is are always three parts to every issue. the left side, the right side, and the middle. Left want more gun control the right wants it to stay the same and the middle wants what best for NWFireams. Mods are a good way to keep that middle ground. The report button is a ok Idea. I really think that the mods is the best way to keep the conversation from becoming toxic. I seen the same thing on another forum I am apart of. We had one of our sponsors lie to people and deceive customers. A lynch mob was formed and the whole forum descended in to utter chaos I would not want to see that happen here. so that what i have to say

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top