JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For years now, members have complained about odd issues they have when trying to go back to the classified list after viewing an ad, especially on mobile. Whenever it was reported it was usually one or more of the following:
  1. Ad filters they had set would be removed.
  2. They'd be halfway down the page when they clicked the ad, but when they went back it would take them to the top of the page (losing their place).
  3. They'd be on a page other than the first page, but after going back they'd be returned to the first page.
I've been trying to track this down for as long as people have been complaining about it with zero success. I could never reproduce the issue. As we were discussing their mobile survey, a member finally used the right terms and it clicked: members have been using the breadcrumb (the thing at the top and bottom of each page that looks like "Classifieds > Handgun Classifieds") as a "back button", when really this is just a hard link to the classified category containing the ad (much different than a back button).

To avoid the aforementioned issues after viewing an ad you can either click your browser's back button or use the floating back button in the lower right corner of the screen.

1611959930561.png

I've gone ahead and removed the top breadcrumb from classified ads in hopes that this makes things less confusing. I do know some people used those links, so I've left the one at the bottom of the page below the ad.

Feedback is appreciated, both good and bad. Hopefully this doesn't have any unintended consequences :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top