JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I noticed the same, some are just gone which is sad because many of them I liked having gun discussions with and many were very positive when UCC happen down here. Maybe after time they will come back. I think some took it personal and looked at it as if this was a Anti-gun movement or something and it was not. Everyone needs to take a look to the right and above these businesses would not support and anti-gun site its almost humorous to think they would. So they are no doubt aware of the changes and if this was a antigun conspiracy they would have dropped. I ddon't know Joe Link, we have talked on occasion in PM and posts so I am not taking it at his word I am taking it at the evidence I see that the site is genuinely wanting a more pro-active positive gun group. I am not saying I didn't trust Joe Link, I don't know him like many of you might. But I do trust him now after clearly seeing the evidence, and also seeing the design of the site specifically designed to secure rights and make it palatable to a huge variety.
My hope is the ones that are absent will see as I was glad to see this not a anti-conservative goal. Its a goal to allow all gun owners who value their 2nd Amendment Rights to be heard and yet enjoy their rights as well. I see this as very positive and unique goal and if it works will be pretty amazing evidence shows its on a great path so far.

Agreed. And if we are to have any hope at all of affecting some pro-gun change in Salem in November, we need every single gun owner in Oregon to be informed and united. This will not happen if we're tearing each other apart over what letter is after their name on a voter registration card. We all have a common interest in guns here, we should, at least for the sake of our rights, be able to come together on this one subject. If we can do that, then maybe, just maybe, we'll bring more people into the fight and convince more people to vote pro-gun come November.

It's an uphill battle, but the last thing we want to do is drive away folks that care about guns. We need everyone to work together against the enemy of our rights, something this country has demonstrated an ability to do since the beginning. Our fights were made up of people from different backgrounds, different parties, different religions and ideologies, but united under a common banner - to defeat those that take our liberties and threaten our freedom. I know I'm likely in the minority in this opinion, but I believe we can make anti-gun legislation toxic to politicians if and only if we band together, statewide, and vote in unison around this one very important issue. But to get there, we have to find a way to be in the 'same room' together first. And I do think Joe is trying to get us to just that spot. Our enemy is in Salem, and we need to make our voices heard - in the biggest numbers we can muster. We can save the beotching at each other for other venues.

Agreed. And if we are to have any hope at all of affecting some pro-gun change in Salem in November, we need every single gun owner in Oregon to be informed and united. This will not happen if we're tearing each other apart over what letter is after their name on a voter registration card. We all have a common interest in guns here, we should, at least for the sake of our rights, be able to come together on this one subject. If we can do that, then maybe, just maybe, we'll bring more people into the fight and convince more people to vote pro-gun come November.

It's an uphill battle, but the last thing we want to do is drive away folks that care about guns. We need everyone to work together against the enemy of our rights, something this country has demonstrated an ability to do since the beginning. Our fights were made up of people from different backgrounds, different parties, different religions and ideologies, but united under a common banner - to defeat those that take our liberties and threaten our freedom. I know I'm likely in the minority in this opinion, but I believe we can make anti-gun legislation toxic to politicians if and only if we band together, statewide, and vote in unison around this one very important issue. But to get there, we have to find a way to be in the 'same room' together first. And I do think Joe is trying to get us to just that spot. Our enemy is in Salem, and we need to make our voices heard - in the biggest numbers we can muster. We can save the beotching at each other for other venues.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

I have a suggestion about news links...

When starting a new thread if your going to post a link you should be required to write something about it in your own words... and more than one sentence if your the one creating the thread.

Ive seen many threads started where they only post the link, then maybe copy/paste the article below..... but with no real personal commentary.

I dont think links should be prohibited but if people are too lazy to say something about it then why bother? lock those threads out.... the lack of commentary and dialogue is what makes them go downhill fast...
I like this idea because it mandates that one validates (backs up) their premise with merit and fact. Quite simply focus and make your point or points. It is too easy for people to just throw their opinion out there and stir up a hornets nest. People need to be accountable for their stance, and explain why they believe what they believe. This isn't grade school. Enforce Roberts Rules of Order if people are to engage in direct debate.

Sheesh, you guys... 5,000 syllables when two will do!

Hey, Salem! :s0121: :s0066:

Imagine how that would look if all 35,000 members were there, dropping drawers all at one time!! A sea of glorious shining backsides :) Of course, we'd have to hit Olympia and Boise too.

If you want to force people to play nice then require people to use their real names. Some people will stop posting but they're going to anyway if you have to check a rule list to determine if what you want to say is okay.
I agree-- let's all use our real names and even addresses, a requirement the newspapers formerly maintained before they would publish a letter to the editor. If someone is embarrassed or afraid to be associated with a statement, maybe that statement doesn't merit publication.

I agree-- let's all use our real names and even addresses, a requirement the newspapers formerly maintained before they would publish a letter to the editor. If someone is embarrassed or afraid to be associated with a statement, maybe that statement doesn't merit publication.

Well, you're certainly welcome to post that information for yourself any time you like. No rule I'm aware of against that.

OK I am in no way trying to be sarcastic. But this was a joke or being said sarcastic ?

Right after you post yours... Rightlefty can't be your real name:p.

The papers I've seen convert to Facebook verification to comment on stories went from dozens of comments a day to like 5 really opinionated people - usually single old retired guys with nothing to loose by posting thier names.

If that wasn't sarcasm then I am pretty against your views.

Right after you post yours... Rightlefty can't be your real name:p.

The papers I've seen convert to Facebook verification to comment on stories went from dozens of comments a day to like 5 really opinionated people - usually single old retired guys with nothing to loose by posting thier names.

If that wasn't sarcasm then I am pretty against your views.

Never mind. I see that was your third post in 7 years so I can see why you wouldn't care.

Maybe we could have a minimum post count before letting pretty much anyone post in suggestion threads?

And I'll start: I'm Patrick Crowell, 10730 Willow St., Tualatin, OR 97062 aka Rightylefty, a conservative lefthanded man.

Nice to meet you Patrick, I'm etrain16. I'll give you points for standing by your suggestion. I will continue to remain etrain16. I don't share personal information in social media, any social media, regardless of the content of the outlet. I just don't see any value to it. But, I can see the potential danger - which is one of the reasons they recommend you don't use your personal address on sites like Craigslist - sometimes bad people target good folks, and I'm not about to make their jobs any easier.

And I'll start: I'm Patrick Crowell, 10730 Willow St., Tualatin, OR 97062 aka Rightylefty, a conservative lefthanded man.

Interesting, not sure id give points like Etrain and I respect his views allot on here too.
Heres why, I gave state testimony for our rights and got threats when they were able to piece who I was. A person can easily setup a gmail account, send you information, close the account and have accessed it thru a different foreign IP and there was no way other then a court oder to find them thru Google even then using another IP thru a tor-browser well lets say it was a dead end for me. People would say paranoid, no these were threats of harm to date nothing came of it but the fact some one took my public stance on firearms rights and then sent threat. Its also why I seldom do not carry I always did but now I am religious about it. And began hiding my presence on the internet a few years ago, I give testimony but now use a P.O. BOX not my address. Nice to meet you there Patrick but I am 100% against listing names of gun owners I have seen it first hand abused. First time in a few years I have even mentioned this, seemed appropriate to mention now.

You're confusing political correctness with the basic politeness and respect, something we should demand from all interactions both online and off.

I am so happy that you have the Right to tell me I am not Correct in my VIEWS. GEE, if I did not know better, I would think you are trying to tell people what is Correct, and what is incorrect.

Answering private messages, regardless of its view point, is correct, Not doing so is the Obverse of that, or In (the status) Correct.

I can be Polite, and Am, For more often, Longer than necessary, IOW, when Punched in the nose, and bleeding from same, I seldom get my blood on the Punchee . . .

Later though, I might reconsider hanging around so long, the Nostril Beating is not a fun event.

Joe, Words have meanings. Odd, seeing some words in a thread deleted, when other parts of the same thread have far more severe meanings and stay to be smelled by all.

I have heard, that some do not comprehend my use of language, and so put me below their level, and look down on me . . .

from that vantage point, I look into their nostrils and see, that their nose is not so clean as one would expect.

Your "Politeness" is my Political Correctness. Your House, your rules, but Do Not Attempt to tell me my concept is incorrect, BECAUSE it Does Not meet your Standard!

In a Real "be Excellent" World, one should value Truth, and allow for such to occur . . . ahh and Unicorns Phart Farrie Dust . . .

philip

who tried once to be politically Correct, but in the end, I still Pharted passing the gaseous Oder'

:rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top