JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is one site,and it's a good,"one".It makes sense to at least appear logical rational and pretty much "sane",so folks looking in may want to actually JOIN in.When i drove an ambulance in,"another life",we had what's called,the,"Reasonable Man",test,which pretty much postulates,"Based on what a reasonable man would do in a given situation,what is this individual's behavior demonstrating"...."Proceed accordingly"...That's all i have,there ya' go.;)

Thanks for trying to keep the site from going down the rabbit hole. I'm a brand new member, and I appreciate keeping the focus on the guns and not the politics. Still, stuff gets through (I'm thinking of someone's profile pic on here with a sign on a toilet that says "free Obama dolls... reach in and get one"). I wonder how many 2A supporters were lost to this site due to offended sensibilities over stuff like that. Hate Politician X all you like, but be a grownup about it, please...for all our sakes. For the cause!

Thanks for trying to keep the site from going down the rabbit hole. I'm a brand new member, and I appreciate keeping the focus on the guns and not the politics. Still, stuff gets through (I'm thinking of someone's profile pic on here with a sign on a toilet that says "free Obama dolls... reach in and get one"). I wonder how many 2A supporters were lost to this site due to offended sensibilities over stuff like that. Hate Politician X all you like, but be a grownup about it, please...for all our sakes. For the cause!

''Offended sensibilities''

''Grownup''

I'm sorry. Are we talking about this site? o_O

Most here have pretty thick skin. ;)

You mean I shouldn't write that if you vote for candidate C, you're going to spend the next eight years face down screaming into a pillow? Ok. Won't do that.

Goosebrown, you don't like candidate C. I don't like candidate C or T. We get into it. Where does it ever stop? I'm just saying you move one (virtual) inch on the Internet and you get people talking, or screaming, past each other and accomplishing nothing. You know those sites. This is a better place to receive a bit more signal and a bit less noise. That's all.

Goosebrown, you don't like candidate C. I don't like candidate C or T. We get into it. Where does it ever stop? I'm just saying you move one (virtual) inch on the Internet and you get people talking, or screaming, past each other and accomplishing nothing. You know those sites. This is a better place to receive a bit more signal and a bit less noise. That's all.

I've largely tired of the world of politics, you try to vote different and just get more of the same. It's the classic definition of insanity.

We're really at the point that activism matters more than politics or voting.

I was joking Huck. We really don't have that much political here

Sorry, but the "play nice children" thing simply does not logically compute at this time Mr. Spock. We are literally living through a point in our history that will determine the future of gun ownership in this country....

The choices are stark, obvious and should be pointed out at every opportunity. To do less is to stick our collective heads in the sand and wait for the death of a thousand cuts through incremental regulation.

Sure this is a firearms site. But, there IS only one side when it comes to protecting our 2A rights...option "B" is the frog's boiling pot.... indeed a death struggle.
If this fact is ignored now by selective censorship, can anyone here, from the top down, tell me how this site would survive ?

Sorry, but the "play nice children" thing simply does not logically compute at this time Mr. Spock.

We ask this of our members here, among friends, allies, and fellow gun owners. I hope that all of our members are doing what they can to win the hearts and minds of the fence-sitters (pro-tip: take them shooting!). I also hope that members aren't wasting their time trying to change the minds of those who are already anti-gun (particularly by arguing on the internet).

Disrespect toward one another and arguing amongst ourselves is a surefire way to cause division and ultimately weaken our cause. In fact, causing this sort of behavior within a group is a very effective tactic (and far too easy to carry out).

I agree with your sentiment Joe, and also understand that we all have much to loose in this arena, some even more than others.
I also believe that many here feel that most of the traditional organizations that we should have depended on to be carrying our standard, have not performed as we may have hoped they would have. SB 941 last year, a prime example.
A few scattered show-ups on the steps at Salem are not going to be enough this time, as we saw from the almost total of lack of concern shown for our concerns there.
That leaves this forum as the main venue left to us to work something productive out, in the little time left to us.

No, name calling and insults are not productive, although I don't believe I have seen much of that here lately as it would pertain to the current political situation. Perhaps something was zapped to oblivion before I saw it.
No one agrees all the time with everything as much as we would like, but pandering to a hypersensitive few does not create an atmosphere of unity.
If I have stated my views too aggressively I am sorry , but the severity of the times have compelled me to do so..mighty Pharaoh :)

Last Edited:
I agree with your sentiment Joe, and also understand that we all have much to loose in this arena, some even more than others.
I also believe that many here feel that most of the traditional organizations that we should have depended on to be carry our standard, have not performed as we may have hoped they would have. SB 941 last year, a prime example.
A few scattered show-ups on the steps at Salem are not going to be enough this time, as we saw from the almost total of lack of concern shown for our concerns there.
That leaves this forum as the main venue left to us to work something productive out, in the little time left to us.

No, name calling and insults are not productive, although I don't believe I have seen much of that here lately as it would pertain to the current political situation. Perhaps something was zapped to oblivion before I saw it.
No one agrees all the time with everything as much as we would like, but pandering to a hypersensitive few does not create an atmosphere of unity.
If I have stated my views too aggressively I am sorry , but the severity of the times have compelled me to do so..mighty Pharaoh :)

You're absolutely right. I can't tell you how disappointed I am with these 'traditional organizations' and their so called 'opposition' :(

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads