JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We already had an assault weapons ban, they are just pushing it again.

They are always pushing and always will.

The anti-Americans know that removing firearms and limiting people's means of defending themselves as our forefathers did is the only way to take America.

It's a slow war, one that's won over many years.
It started gaining momentum in the 70s and has been spreading through media, healthcare, education, banking, and now with social media

Well Washington has set a precedence for the rest of the countries anti gun crowd. I follow a class III dealer in Florida on Facebook. I have purchased some accessories from them. Florida now has an intiative to get people's signatures to ban all military style guns. I cut and pasted what he posted. Why is the 2nd amendment under attack so hard?

CALLING ALL FLORIDIANS! There is an ammendment to ban all "military style weapons" and literally DELETE Florida's 2nd amendment clause. This needs 766,000 signatures to appear on the ballot and already has over 100,000. Educate your friends an family and anyone you know who will be voting next year. This is a critical time for all of us and we can't sit back and watch our peers slowly dissolve all of our rights without understanding the repercussions.
Thanks to @photogenic_firearms for bringing this to light
Lets tag as many Florida gun pages as possible and spread the word!
@thepewpewchannel
@mod_k_armory
@keltecweapons
@floridagunshowsinc
They should add MCARBO to the list.

It actually goes back to the Gun Control act of 1968 and then the Hughes Amendment of 1986, that one was the most damaging and far reaching. If you take time to really look at who was behind the curtain with gun control it would surprise a lot of right leaning folks. We spend a lot of time blaming Clinton for LBJ and Reagan era creations. I actually tend to believe that the republican party from the 70's through the 90's wanted the guns out of the hands of the people to better control them. Now I tend to believe that it doesn't matter from the left or the right, that those in power want to keep people unarmed to retain that power absolutely. Currently our government is headed away from a Republic while eroding our rights and blaming each other. They want to keep us common folk at each others throats until the time comes to pull the rug out from under us. This is true of not just the second amendment but of all of our rights. They want us all to be one issue voters and they want us to get distracted with scare tactics and talking heads in the media while they continue to take away from all of us.

Fixed it for ya...

Why is the 2nd amendment under attack so hard?

Well, I think one thing that hurt is the rash of mass shootings we've had over the past few years. These events are being used by certain political elements to make hay, and of course in their hunger for salable news the mass media are all over this stuff. So those certain political elements (management here doesn't like me to use labels) have taken advantage of what they perceive as a wavering in the minds of the middle-of-the-roaders. All those members of the public, voters, who have no dog in the fight and can easily be convinced that any reasonable measure is, well, reasonable, and therefore okay.

Then there's the wolf pack reaction: Any little sign of weakness, they pile on with a stronger attack.

It's my view that matters would be worse if not for a nominally friendly Senate and POTUS. And there was a potentially friendly House in hand until that got squandered.

I've been considering this topic for some time and think we need to reframe the language used in the discussion.

For as long as I can remember the debate has been "pro gun" vs "anti gun" but perhaps the discussion should be "Pro Liberty" (or perhaps in softer terms "Pro Privacy") vs "anti liberty or anti privacy"

When someone says an item should be banned, politely state "I've used that item many times at home, at ranges, and camping trips, I've always been safe and everyone around me has been safe. Why do you feel it should be banned? If I didn't turn mine in would you be okay with me going to jail?"

Listen to what they have to say and ask questions.

It is easy to demonize an inanimate object. It is difficult to demonize a person...especially family and friends.

The best place to start changing minds is with family, friends, and coworkers. Plant those seeds and they'll begin to spread.

Safe Shooting.

I've been considering this topic for some time and think we need to reframe the language used in the discussion.

For as long as I can remember the debate has been "pro gun" vs "anti gun" but perhaps the discussion should be "Pro Liberty" (or perhaps in softer terms "Pro Privacy") vs "anti liberty or anti privacy"

When someone says an item should be banned, politely state "I've used that item many times at home, at ranges, and camping trips, I've always been safe and everyone around me has been safe. Why do you feel it should be banned? If I didn't turn mine in would you be okay with me going to jail?"

Listen to what they have to say and ask questions.

It is easy to demonize an inanimate object. It is difficult to demonize a person...especially family and friends.

The best place to start changing minds is with family, friends, and coworkers. Plant those seeds and they'll begin to spread.

Safe Shooting.
Or you could say go ahead and try to take it.

Sometimes shifting the conversation to making it more personal rather than confrontational can make all the difference, giving those who are on the fence or anti, the opportunity to see another point of view. I do see the value in that, confrontational typically shuts down the conversation. YMMV

Sometimes shifting the conversation to making it more personal rather than confrontational can make all the difference, giving those who are on the fence or anti, the opportunity to see another point of view. I do see the value in that, confrontational typically shuts down the conversation. YMMV
It was a joke.
Kind of. :D

The problem is that, YES, the left is okay with those gun nuts going to jail for not turning them in. They hate the crazy gun people and want them removed from society. Every move they make is in one direction, toward total bans, confiscation, and ending the gun culture of this nation. If a few folks with families need to go to jail (or die during a confiscation raid) then so be it and good riddance.

BTW, the above paragraph was from their perspective, with their hateful, bigoted rhetoric.

Countless people believe the first thing they hear and jump on the ban wagon .With the media and the unnamed party they grand stand flooding the information hiway with bull
The masses blindly follow the popular trend in stupidity seeking The acceptance of popular mindless Idiots.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews