JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Currently our government is headed away from democracy

It is indeed headed towards democracy: pure democracy. Which is tyrannical mob rule.

I believe you mean our country is headed away from liberty. I think everyone should be clear on that distinction as the leftists are currently agitating for straight democracy to leverage their larger voting masses; people love "free" bubblegum.

There will be some people that won't listen to reason or be open to new ideas; for them it's not worth wasting your breath trying to convince one way or the other.

But many people don't have experience with firearms, or have received bad information, and having a rational conversation will go a long way in changing someone's mind (or at least making the conversation less vitriol)

In college I dated a woman who was from New York City. She was perplexed that I carried a pocket knife (she didn't know about my CHL) everywhere I went. She asked "what do you need that for?".....Her confusion didn't stem from hatred or bigotry...She was from a big city, I'm from Oregon farm country...She hadn't experienced a life where a knife was a daily tool.

She was so "Big City" that when I picked wild plants (clover, blackberry, salmonberry, ect) she was hesitant to eat them because picking wild food was a foreign concept to her.

So our discussions centered around my childhood, how I was raised, and what I do now. She eventually saw that I was carrying around a knife as a necessary tool for the life that I live.

If I had told her to mind her own business, "come and take it", or called her any sort of name it would have shut the conversation down. Instead I shared a part of my life with her so she could see things from my perspective.

Having open and honest discussions with people, and trying to understand their point of view, is the only way we can save our liberties.

If we take a "come and take it" approach before trying to have a rational discussion then the 2nd Amendment won't last long.

And for the record: no, I'm not dating NYC girl anymore. I'm dating a great woman that loves the outdoors.

It is indeed headed towards democracy: pure democracy. Which is tyrannical mob rule.

I believe you mean our country is headed away from liberty. I think everyone should be clear on that distinction as the leftists are currently agitating for straight democracy to leverage their larger voting masses; people love "free" bubblegum.

Democracy is when 20 people vote that a person should be beaten to death. One person votes no. 500 people abstain. Without the framework of a Republic, there is no difference between Democracy and Mob Rule.

The primary reason why Liberals hate guns is because it give the individual the ability to Say No and mean it.

The secondary reason is because safe gun handling shows the clear difference between smart people and stupid people.

As long as gun owner just keep supporting anti gun law makers this will just keep getting worse. The entire problem is gun owners who refuse to help.
No, as long as gun owners don't bother to vote, and refuse to vote for candidates who can actually win, things will just keep getting worse. According to some estimates only 25% of gun owners voted in the last statewide Oregon elections. Of those that did, how many voted for someone who had no chance of winning? Who do you vote for when the choices are someone who is 100% anti-gun, someone who is 10% anti-gun, or someone who is 0% anti-gun but has no chance of winning? Or do you just refuse to vote?

No, as long as gun owners don't bother to vote, and refuse to vote for candidates who can actually win, things will just keep getting worse. According to some estimates only 25% of gun owners voted in the last statewide Oregon elections. Of those that did, how many voted for someone who had no chance of winning? Who do you vote for when the choices are someone who is 100% anti-gun, someone who is 10% anti-gun, or someone who is 0% anti-gun but has no chance of winning? Or do you just refuse to vote?

That's what I mean by gun owners refusing to help. Many just do nothing. We hear the excuses a lot, "my vote means nothing", " billionaires buy the elections" and such. So they say they can't be bothered to vote. The other is the virtue signaling. In every election there are basically 2 people who have a chance to win. Most of the time neither choice thrills me or many other gun owners. So many will proudly proclaim they wrote in some cartoon. So the "I can't be bothered" and the "I can't vote for this RINO", all help the worst possible one win. This is how OR got Kate twice now just as a small example. She had an opponent both times who was FAR from ideal. My bet would be the opponent would not be nearly as bad as Kate, who gun owners there helped elect. This same thing goes for all state offices and then the Federal Offices. Gun owners shoot themselves in the foot, then scream when more laws aimed at them pass. Rinse and repeat every two years, then watch as rights are slowly taken away.

Sooo....if you had to choose between a Compromisor who could win and a solid 2A supporter who would loose, but make a statement, which would you choose?

How much compromise is TOO MUCH if he keeps a demsoc from getting elected?

Agree and disagree.

We remember the Tea Party movement, and what happened when 'professionals' began managing it.
Whatever percentage of this group you take as true 2A supporters, 100 million gun owners, when properly organized, would easily be the cure for this cancer.
The problem is "properly organized".

If we could do that we'd be a lot better off already!

20190626_230406.jpg

Last Edited:
Sooo....if you had to choose between a Compromisor who could win and a solid 2A supporter who would loose, but make a statement, which would you choose?

How much compromise is TOO MUCH if he keeps a demsoc from getting elected?

Voting for a loser, who you know is going to lose does what? The only thing that kind of virtue signaling does is keep people like the Gov of OR in office. Also shows the people who follow her lead that they are safe, since they know they will win reelection every time. I have been watching gun owners do nothing but compromise all my life. Few gun owners ever seem to notice the compromise only goes one way, more gun laws, that do nothing. There is a LOT of gun owners who hate the current POTUS and do all they can to see he does not win election again. That means that whoever the Dems put up will win. This of course will make things better for gun owners how?? I keep missing how this works as I watch more and more laws piled up on those who obey the laws.

Voting for a loser, who you know is going to lose does what? The only thing that kind of virtue signaling does is keep people like the Gov of OR in office. Also shows the people who follow her lead that they are safe, since they know they will win reelection every time. I have been watching gun owners do nothing but compromise all my life. Few gun owners ever seem to notice the compromise only goes one way, more gun laws, that do nothing. There is a LOT of gun owners who hate the current POTUS and do all they can to see he does not win election again. That means that whoever the Dems put up will win. This of course will make things better for gun owners how?? I keep missing how this works as I watch more and more laws piled up on those who obey the laws.
@zenbreath @Alexx1401 wrote my reply to your question for me...

Well Washington has set a precedence for the rest of the countries anti gun crowd. I follow a class III dealer in Florida on Facebook. I have purchased some accessories from them. Florida now has an intiative to get people's signatures to ban all military style guns. I cut and pasted what he posted. Why is the 2nd amendment under attack so hard?

CALLING ALL FLORIDIANS! There is an ammendment to ban all "military style weapons" and literally DELETE Florida's 2nd amendment clause. This needs 766,000 signatures to appear on the ballot and already has over 100,000. Educate your friends an family and anyone you know who will be voting next year. This is a critical time for all of us and we can't sit back and watch our peers slowly dissolve all of our rights without understanding the repercussions.
Thanks to @photogenic_firearms for bringing this to light
Lets tag as many Florida gun pages as possible and spread the word!
@thepewpewchannel
@mod_k_armory
@keltecweapons
@floridagunshowsinc

Being a former Floridian, I had to say my piece on this. Most born and true Floridians are gun people, hell we call ourselves the Gunshine State. The problem, which is where this assault on the 2nd comes from, is the snowbirds. All these North Easterners bring down there politics and try and impose them on Florida every single year. When you look at the demographics of who is going for what, especially this type of bill, you'll see that it's strong around coast where the snowbirds reside.

A. Anti gun politicians who will take away our rights quickly.
B. Compromisers who will slow down the removal of our rights.
C. 2A absolutists who cannot be elected.

Pick one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads