JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My two TX22s are saddened by the inability to restock my 22lr supplies. That's probably about it. I really want to break the 50,000 mark in the first one. I'm so freaking close. Definitely going to order way more next time the market gets back to normal.

My two TX22s are saddened by the inability to restock my 22lr supplies. That's probably about it. I really want to break the 50,000 mark in the first one. I'm so freaking close. Definitely going to order way more next time the market gets back to normal.
Hillsboro BiMart has ammo on Wednesdays, 800rds of .22lr was $50.

Hillsboro BiMart has ammo on Wednesdays, 800rds of .22lr was $50.
Good to know thank you! I've haven't been lucky enough to be in a store when they have stocked ammo. Happened once when I was in Sportsmans about 5 months ago. I'll try to make trips to Bimart on Wednesdays whenever possible!

We ran less than 100 centerfire (308) and a few hundred 22lr last weekend. Under 500 rounds total, but that's no change for me since it was a rifle day. Rifle practice has always been a bit more slow and deliberate than pistol practice, panic season or not.

I don't shoot as much as I'd like because of time & location restraints, so I have a fair bit of ammo still saved up. However I'll probably focus on rimfire until 9mm and .223 are more available. It can be had but $$$$.

I'm going to load 3000 rounds of 45 ACP, 3000 of subsonic 9mm , two thousand 556, and thousand 300 BO. I will be out of primers at that point. I'll spend the next two years searching for primers and shooting my stock up. That means I won't touch my factory loaded stock.

Ive gone shooting all but 1-2 times since covid panic started. In the last 6 months I havent gone at all.

Part of my hesitation now isnt draining supply, its possibly just using said supply to trade for things I might want before a ban. (I know, ban talk) Lots of folks with stuff on hand and no cash.. makes it easier to barter.

At first I stopped shooting because my method was to pick up ammo the day before or week of my shooting trip(s) and leave my own supply alone. Well.. now I can only shoot of I dip into the supply.. I have the itch to shoot here soon.. but no sense in blowing through ammo unless Im in the mood.
That being said, Im holding off for now and instead spending money finishing some small gun projects I have on the docket and can actually do in my free time, which isnt much.

I 100% support those that are still getting out there and plinking. I wish I was in that same boat.

I'd shoot more if I had the most valuable aspect of the sport, time!
I'm shooting just as I did before the plague, but I am mad about not being able to run and grab a box whenever I feel like it.
:mad:
Still having fun shooting tho! :)

I'd shoot more if I had the most valuable aspect of the sport, time!
I'm shooting just as I did before the plague, but I am mad about not being able to run and grab a box whenever I feel like it.
:mad:
Still having fun shooting tho! :)

You can still buy ammo, but you have to wait in line, can only buy 100 rounds and pay literally 3x what you would have paid in Jan 2020.

Affordable 9mm shooting at .20 per round becomes less attractive at .60 per round.

You can still buy ammo, but you have to wait in line, can only buy 100 rounds and pay literally 3x what you would have paid in Jan 2020.

Affordable 9mm shooting at .20 per round becomes less attractive at .60 per round.
I don't have time for that, since I have a job and a life... but sure, let's go with what you said.

This is where a combination of stocking up on manufactured ammunition, as well as reloading components (primers and powders, particularly) when prices are low, really shows.

Am reloading 9mm at around $.16/round. And that's using jacketed projectiles purchased at today's pricing. Plus my time.

Less using jacketed purchased pre-blight.

Far less per round using coated lead, purchased when prices were low.

Even less, if one casts there own bullets. I don't, but will look into such should this blight end.

A pound of Zip powder reloads approx 1,400 9mm, depending upon the load. As an example. Bumped up our stocks of that powder mid-blight at ~ $25/pound. (Edit: just looked up that invoice. $23.61/lb, including shipping & hazmat. Late August 2020). Less before the blight.

Just mentioning suchly, for folks to consider what & how to stock up when this blight ends...

Last Edited:
I HAVE cut back. I reload, and I'm getting low on components. I won't pay #150.00 for a lb. of powder or the same amount for primers. I have a pretty fair supply of loaded ammo on the shelf, plus factory ammo. So I'm spending my money on firearm modifications and building. I've probably dropped my shooting by 50%. As soon as ammo and component prices start dropping, I'll get back to shooting more again.

Making sure things are sighted in and properly functioning, other than what is needed for that. Saving the rest for a "rainy day" until prices come back to sanity.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top