JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, it seems pretty clear you guys don't know how to deal with security checks...

Get one of those cargo carry bags that goes on top of the car, and fill it with inflatable pool toys, but have the rest of the car empty (or at least appearing empty) when you go up and they start questioning you, let them get side tracked with the pool toys, because it won't make any sense to them, and also isn't illegal. They will freak out and carefully examine each and every one. They will completely ignore almost everything else.

I had a cop freak out about ammo cans full of apples. He took some of the apples, but I was smuggling the ammo cans.

If I had the time and money, I'd love to fill the bed of an old beater pickup truck with .50 cal ammo cans full of stuffed animals and go through border security.

If I had the time and money, I'd love to fill the bed of an old beater pickup truck with .50 cal ammo cans full of stuffed animals and go through border security.
About 5 years ago as I was coming back into the US I had some kitchen trash that I need to bring with me until I could find a trash bin. At the border they had me go to secondary to confiscate some dog food that did not have the meat point of origin on the label. When I was handing over the dog food they saw that I have plant matter in the garbage, that was illegal to transport in as well so they had to confiscate my garbage too.

The lead agent was unhappy because he had to hand sort through it to separate out the plant matter from the plain kitchen garbage because they had to go in different disposal bins.

Only time I've ever been happy after a border crossing.

What always got me was that when I went on my first trip to Europe at 20, I came back with my carry-on backpack filled with four bottles of Spanish wine - this was after 9/11, but before the liquids rules went into effect. Customs at Seatac didn't care at all, didn't ask me if I was 21 either.

About 5 years ago as I was coming back into the US I had some kitchen trash that I need to bring with me until I could find a trash bin. At the border they had me go to secondary to confiscate some dog food that did not have the meat point of origin on the label. When I was handing over the dog food they saw that I have plant matter in the garbage, that was illegal to transport in as well so they had to confiscate my garbage too.

The lead agent was unhappy because he had to hand sort through it to separate out the plant matter from the plain kitchen garbage because they had to go in different disposal bins.

Only time I've ever been happy after a border crossing.
Thanks for giving me a good laugh and some wonderful ideas!! :rolleyes:

Now I know what to do with those extra lawn clippings and rotting vegetable pulp..

If Russia can get away with taking Crimea from Ukraine why in the heck can't we take B.C. Back! Just saying!
I keep wondering, how did the Canadians claim some of the most beautiful land in North America?? Most Canadians I talk to are pretty much convinced though that they are greater fighters than Americans and would defeat us in any war.. When in Canada, always praise the greatness of the Royal Canadian Army! :rolleyes:

One thing you must be aware of us is if we attack Canada, we are attacking the Common Wealth of the UK and this could trigger a war with England... Now, we wouldn't want that right? :eek:

Thanks for giving me a good laugh and some wonderful ideas!! :rolleyes:

Now I know what to do with those extra lawn clippings and rotting vegetable pulp..

I keep wondering, how did the Canadians claim some of the most beautiful land in North America?? Most Canadians I talk to are pretty much convinced though that they are greater fighters than Americans and would defeat us in any war.. When in Canada, always praise the greatness of the Royal Canadian Army! :rolleyes:

One thing you must be aware of us is if we attack Canada, we are attacking the Common Wealth of the UK and this could trigger a war with England... Now, we wouldn't want that right? :eek:
Attacking Canada would be a one day affair and it would go like this... Drive up to the border point 300-500 million guns at the border agent, ask him how many guns they have! Remember 54-40 or fight? As far as England goes they owe us for saving their butts in WWII! You would think by now they would be wanting to repay us.

I've been reading what I am pretty sure is Officer Sidhu's Twitter page and he has some anti-gun stuff posted on it. Assuming this is the same guy, it can certainly make sense with the way he treated me. From reading the guy's Twitter page he most certainly thinks guns are evil and people shouldn't have them. He seems to have retwitted posts about how USA is infested with school shootings and condemning the NRA.

Really, I was treated like dog crap at the Canadian border because I have an American CHL ....

What you seem not to be able to accept is having a CHL had nothing to do with it. The Border Patrol in any country can do the things that happened to you for no reason at all other than they are bored that day. Life is tough, and then you die. It is even tougher if you are stupid

Ok.. After talking with enough people and doing more research I can confirm my experience is far from unique.. Indeed, I am finally going to concede that my interrogation , harassment , phone seizure , etc was pale in comparison to some of the horror stories I am now hearing..

Yeah, I guess I have not traveled a land border (outside of some third world countries) since I was quite young and this was all new territory for me... When I was in Africa I could only expect detainment, harassment, bribe payment, etc. I guess I thought going to Canada was going to be simple.. First world country, etc. I was caught off guard. After hearing stories of the CBSA tearing apart people's cars and doing totally bogus searches for drugs or whatever and then demanding people to call a tow truck at their own expense to remove the car from the border, I can say my experience was not so bad. A friend told me that his mother's car was torn to pieces and the Canadian government did later reimburse her for the damages done. At least they do that much..

My only gripe now is that my government is sharing my concealed handgun information with foreign governments allowing me to be flagged as a "threat". Obviously, the sharing of my concealed handgun/weapon licenses/permits with other countries will give me unwanted attention. I feel the US government doing this is an infringement of my 2nd Amendment rights, as well as violation of my rights to privacy. It's one thing to share with the Canadian government about criminal activity and associations with known terorrist groups, but being a law abiding citizen with an American concealed handgun license should not be classified as a "red flag" or shared with a foreign government.

If there is anything I could do positive to help other people with CHLs not encounter so much harassment at the border, as I did (and may again in the future), is to advocate for legislation that helps protect concealed handgun information of law abiding citizens in the country. Perhaps, it is our government to blame more than Canadian government, after all.. Obviously, Canada and other countries shun gun ownership and gun owners, so why should my country be sharing information with foreign governments that will compromise my safety when travelling? For example, the government sharing your religion. For example, if I am travelling to an Islamic country and they see on my record I am Jewish or Hindu. This could compromise my safety, considering other hostile acts committed by government officials who have a different view of the freedoms, such as gun ownership or freedom to worship that we have in the USA.

At this point, I am shifting all my blame to my own government for compromising my security and incriminating me. It is one thing if I was involved with a gun crime to share this information, but I have no felonies or even misdemeanors, so why do the Canadians have access to all my CHL information?

I actually will admit the CBSA was doing their job. Yeah, they were pricks, but they were actually doing what they are paid to do, guard the crown against the Southern invaders. I guess since the Officer did have my CHL information, why not search my car?? Since Canadians believe people who carry guns with them to be criminals. I can understand now, it is their laws and it is my own country who screwed me here.

What you seem not to be able to accept is having a CHL had nothing to do with it. The Border Patrol in any country can do the things that happened to you for no reason at all other than they are bored that day. Life is tough, and then you die. It is even tougher if you are stupid
P.S. The CHL info combined with boredom was the reason this happened.. I watched 10 cars in front of me get waved through after 1 minute of questioning. The guy stops me and questions me for 5 minutes. Only after 1 minute of questioning he starts reeling about my guns, gun permit.. I could see the look on his face right away when he was asking me these questions that he knew about my CHL.

Last Edited:
I guess after hearing this YouTube video, I can say the US border guards do their share of bullying and be as terrifying.. A Canadian couple is arrested and may even be now serving time in American prison for a shopping trip to USA gone wrong.

I will never enter Canada again, nor will I ever go to Mexico again. It would be a ray of sunshine if OUR border agents treated Canadians and Mexicans with the same overzealous procedures as the Canucks. Incidentally, the border agents have the same access to your driving record as any law enforcement officer here in the states. It is SOP if you have a DUI on your record that the Canadians will not let you into the country. Your CPL is also on your driving license abstract. They see your license, they see your CPL. The good news is that draft dodgers can't run there anymore.

Attacking Canada would be a one day affair and it would go like this... Drive up to the border point 300-500 million guns at the border agent, ask him how many guns they have! Remember 54-40 or fight? As far as England goes they owe us for saving their butts in WWII! You would think by now they would be wanting to repay us.

Paid back in full - 29 December 2006.

tac

Paid back in full - 29 December 2006.

tac
I know about the Anglo-American Loan Agreement, I was really speaking of the human cost of saving England (and Europe) first even though the US was attacked by Japan not Germany (except the whole U-boat thing). Gary

I had a different experience.

Border Girl: So you have your concealed carry permit?
Me: yes
Border Girl: Where do you keep you weapons?
Me: At home in the safe.
Border Girl: Where do you keep them when you are in this vehicle?
Me: I never have guns in this vehicle.
Border Girl: But you have guns in your vehicle don't you?
Me: This is company vehicle, I never have guns in this vehicle.
Border Girl: When your guns are in this vehicle, where do you store them?
Me: This is a company vehicle, I never have guns in this vehicle.
Border Girl: You do have a concealed carry permit?
Me: Yes
Border Girl: So where do you concealed carry your gun when your in this vehicle?
Me: This is a company vehicle, I never have guns in this vehicle.
Border Girl: Where do you keep your ammunition in this vehicle?
Me: This is company vehicle, I never have ammunition in this vehicle.
Border Girl: Why won't you tell me where you store the guns or ammunition when you're driving this vehicle?
Me: This is a company vehicle, I never have guns or ammunition in this vehicle.
Border Girl: Proceed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top