JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why not just let them go to become the sociopaths they are destined to be? In a few years we all can read about the people they have killed, much more entertaining than killing cats (maybe Nancy Grace will do a special). Then we as a society can put them on trial costing millions and incarcerate them for millions more?

Makes a lot of sense.

i'm not going to PM- if there's something that seriously needs to be hashed out, it can be done right here. if not, we can just drop it.

as this is pertinent to the OP- it's an invented crime, like any number of crimes that exists only to enhance the punishment for things that aren't otherwise illegal, or AS illegal, simply because people find them more upsetting. there were already laws on the books protecting people from having their property damaged by others- but because people put some extra value in things they decide to call "pets," they legislated that emotion into animal cruelty laws.

Once again you are talking out you backside. Animal cruelty IS illegal. Just as murder, assault, and other crimes are illegal. You have no clue what you are talking about...and yes, by saying killing an animal is no worse than breaking a lawn decoration you ARE condoning animal cruelty. Which in my book makes a person the lowest of the low.

Now I do love my roomy's dog as if he was a family member. However, he is and always will be a dog/pet/companion/property. If someone was to harm him then I would exact my revenge 10 fold because that's the kind of guy I am.
However throwing around FBI polls as facts makes me laugh. All of us veterans are on a potential terrorist watch list made by those same people. How can you trust one poll but not another? I do hope that those kids get some severe punishment for their crimes and their parents as well. All of them are minors and had access to a 22 without adult supervision for months.
And finally, Playgirl go take a f'n midol!!

You obviously lack the required cognitive abilities to understand the science behind the information be presented. Do not make yourself look worse by spouting baseless babble.

PS: I will gladly take a midol if you are man enough to bring me one of yours. :)

Once again you are talking out you backside. Animal cruelty IS illegal. Just as murder, assault, and other crimes are illegal. You have no clue what you are talking about...and yes, by saying killing an animal is no worse than breaking a lawn decoration you ARE condoning animal cruelty. Which in my book makes a person the lowest of the low.

Agreed.

lets have some "issues," then- 'cause it IS the same thing. we get more angry when somebody shoots our dog, because we like our dog more than our yard ornament. but it's not the perpetrator's fault you like one piece of property more than another. the perpetrator shouldn't more guilty for one than the other- that's ridiculous.

if you shot my yard ornament, i'd be pretty pissed. if you shot my dog, you'd be lucky if there was anything left to arrest when the cops got there- but i would NOT expect you to spend a day longer in jail for discharging a gun in the direction of my house and shooting my dog than discharging a gun in the direction of my house and and shooting my flamingo.

Tell you what. You come shoot up my lawn ornaments and I'll let the cops sort it out. You shoot at my dogs and you and I will be trading lead.

thisisanepicthreadoj6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell you what. You come shoot up my lawn ornaments and I'll let the cops sort it out. You shoot at my dogs and you and I will be trading lead.

that subject came up here a few weeks back and it was concluded that shooting someone for harming your animal is illegal and you'd be locked up. And in my opinion thats how it should be we're not in the wild west we are a country of laws and pets are property.

talking about these kids future frame of mind is interesting and I'm sure there is validiity in the argument that they could be future serial killers but what they did is what they should be punished for now.

felony drive by dosen't sound right but then again I'm not a lawyer

illegal use, discharge within city, even animal cruelty if they left the animals to die slowly (seems they did). these should be easy to prove

dont get all way overly emo on this, people. YOU put the extra value in animals as pets, but that doesn't mean they have any. while outrageous for being peoples' beloved pets, they're still just property, no different than if these kids went around sniping people's yard gnomes- except significantly more expensive.

they should be charged with as many counts of destruction of property and discharging of a firearm in an unlawful place as they committed, but stacking a bunch of invented crimes (like animal cruelty and 3 charges for one deed) is simply an emotional over reaction.

So by your thinking, wouldn't every crime be an invented crime? Animal cruelty is a crime because there is a law against it and yes that law was indeed invented by someone. Robbery, murder, arson... these are all also crimes by virtue that a law was "invented" against them. So is it that you don't like pets and therefore the law against harming them is irrelevant in your eyes?

I am by no means excusing the actions of the criminals at hand. Just amusing myself in a bit of a thread hijack.

But you don't see random dogs out walking themselves. Why cats?

Because cats are a-holes, lol. I love the cats we've had, but they have a different type of persona, they're independent, whereas a dog lives for you. Cats like to roam around and find things to catch and eat, it's just what they do.

Right with you. You shoot my dog there is a very high problability that person will be shot as well. Property or not its mine and I will protect it all costs.

Whoever said lawn ornaments and pets are the same is a person that can't tell their head from their ***.

Here are my thoughts on this. Pets, (cats, dogs, hamsters, etc..) are not lawn ornaments. They are family members. Property, I suppose, but you don't see anyone (or I have not) spending thousands of dollars on health care on lawn ornaments. Each pet I have had is most assuredly a valued and cherished member of our family. If I caught anyone trying to maliciously destroy one of my pets, I would consider it an act tantamount to trying to kill my son, or wife. While the LAW may not see it this way, I do. Drive by my house shooting, and expect a firefight. Just sayin...

dont get all way overly emo on this, people. YOU put the extra value in animals as pets, but that doesn't mean they have any. while outrageous for being peoples' beloved pets, they're still just property, no different than if these kids went around sniping people's yard gnomes- except significantly more expensive.

they should be charged with as many counts of destruction of property and discharging of a firearm in an unlawful place as they committed, but stacking a bunch of invented crimes (like animal cruelty and 3 charges for one deed) is simply an emotional over reaction.

This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Just charge them with destruction of property and unlawful discharge of a firearm.

Stacking invented crimes? Animal cruelty does not exsist? You are just as warped as they are and I hope you see your thinking is warped? Emotional over reaction is what you consider to killing living animals? You don't think they have rights?

I really feel sorry for you to think the way you do and you really see no problem in doing it like it was breaking a light bulb. You should study a little more about these subjects and you might have a better concept of how the human mind works.

I can't believe you really said this. Amazing.............

dont act like i'm condoning animal cruelty- and don't act like i'm saying i'm not just as guilty as ANYONE else for putting extra value into pets.

my point is only that institutionalized emotion is freaken retarded. it's the same mindset that's eroded our gun rights over the last century. people's emotions need to stay the **** out of legislation.

Are you for real?

that subject came up here a few weeks back and it was concluded that shooting someone for harming your animal is illegal and you'd be locked up. And in my opinion thats how it should be we're not in the wild west we are a country of laws and pets are property.

If I am around and you shoot at my dogs I am going to tell the cops and the attorneys that I felt that I was being shot at. Not my fault that d-bag with 30 holes in him was such a bad shot he missed me and hit my dog instead. Just sayin.

If I am around and you shoot at my dogs I am going to tell the cops and the attorneys that I felt that I was being shot at. Not my fault that d-bag with 30 holes in him was such a bad shot he missed me and hit my dog instead. Just sayin.

Since we are making up creative storys what if a D-bag ( or myself i guess) jumped the fence with a baseball bat and whacked your barking dog while you were inside your house. You would have no justification to escalate this altercation

Well i'd like to mention to all the people that have posted that they are willing to kill another human for harming a pet or those that have said that they are willing to lie to the police or the courts in the event of an unjustified shooting......... I hope that these comments never haunt you in front of a jury. I'm sure that most of the pet lovers here are nice people that I'd have a beer with.

I

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads