JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've played with the new Inland carbine and I am impressed. It is a cast receiver but so what!
Get one, you wont be disappointed.
Of course they are being made by the same company that makes Hi Points!

You can still find an original carbine in decent shape for 500-700 but its rare these days. And something is always worn out on them. But then again parts are easy to find, and the carbine is very easy to work on!

Not true! They are being marketed by the same company that markets Hi-Points. Made by Inland, not Hi-Point.

Not true! They are being marketed by the same company that markets Hi-Points. Made by Inland, not Hi-Point.

Inland Manufacturing sources all of the components for their line of firearms from other US companies, one of the companies also make Hi Point parts...
I should add that a certain shop in Clackamas (that shall be not mentioned per the confidentiality agreement on every print) makes small parts for both. So I mid spoke about mks making them..

Last Edited:
Bearnut I did not see that post before I already ordered a new Inland 1945 version. Should have it next week.

Who did you order through if you don't mind me asking? I was a little disappointed in the fit and finish of mine. It's a little rough, and I'd say if you were able to disassemble and do some smoothing here and there it could help. The mag release is REALLY stiff. Inserting the mag with a good bump from the bottom seems like it might wear out the little locking nubbs on the mag, the release is that stiff. Getting the op-rod off the barrel/receiver was difficult (For me) until I noticed the two notches didn't quite line up. I needed to lift the operating handle off the receiver and move it forward of it's notch the slightest bit.

If your looking for ammo, I got Armscore for $22.00/50 at Bulkammo.com +S/H, though I thought $16.00 was a little high for shipping four boxes.

I'd never held a .30 carbine, it was a little strange holding a rifle that only weighs 5.5 pounds! But like every one said it's a hoot to shoot!

I have fired a friend's M1, they are a hoot. One is on my list to get but after a Garand!

I went to college with a Viet era and post Viet era vet who used an M2 in Cambodia/Laos. He said for him doing what he was doing it did the job. He then served with "peacekeeping observers" in Israel/Palestine. He said he thought the ROKS and the Turks were some mean hombres, then he saw what the Israelis did to a captured PLO sniper. They left quite a message for his buddies. Caught him napping on their night op after they ID'd his position.

Brutus Out

I used Little Bear Gun Shop and I think the distributor was Zander? But that is not for sure. Davidson's only had the Paratroop version. I think I got the last one in stock.

Who did you order through if you don't mind me asking? I was a little disappointed in the fit and finish of mine. It's a little rough, and I'd say if you were able to disassemble and do some smoothing here and there it could help. The mag release is REALLY stiff. Inserting the mag with a good bump from the bottom seems like it might wear out the little locking nubbs on the mag, the release is that stiff. Getting the op-rod off the barrel/receiver was difficult (For me) until I noticed the two notches didn't quite line up. I needed to lift the operating handle off the receiver and move it forward of it's notch the slightest bit.

If your looking for ammo, I got Armscore for $22.00/50 at Bulkammo.com +S/H, though I thought $16.00 was a little high for shipping four boxes.

I'd never held a .30 carbine, it was a little strange holding a rifle that only weighs 5.5 pounds! But like every one said it's a hoot to shoot!

Thanks

I don't know shipping from these folks but I have bought from them before and picked it up in Pahrump Nevada when I go to Front Sight for training. I am going to get 1000 rounds the end of the month.

Ammo Supply Warehouse

Oh, never knew there was a shop there. Hey, if you're going to reload for that and want to split a 500 order of Starline Brass let me know.

Edit: Guess not for a while eh? Posted while I was typing.

Last Edited:
I have resisted the re-loading urge. I always overbuy or I would get to reloading and end up with 3,000 rounds of 327 Federal which would be way more than I ever intend to shoot with an LCR, or it would make me consider buying a Single Seven and a SP-101 and maybe a Freedom Arms, at the Carbine level I would need two more carbines to shoot the 30 caliber carbine rounds I would have to buy two big gun safes... re-loading brings complications.. Can't do it!

I did pick up the Carbine yesterday and I am happy with the fit and finish. Came with new sling and oiler, one 15 round magazine. I had ordered and received three 30 round magazines from CDNN that are new made in Taiwan, and four ProMag 15 round Magazine made in USA from GunMagWarehouse. I am heading out next week for training and will have ammo when I return.

Take pics..............................

I'll show you mine.....

P1040139.JPG P1040140.JPG P1040141.JPG P1040142.JPG

I know they make JSP, Jacketed Soft Point, by a half dozen manufacturers in cluding Remington, Federal, Hornady and others. I will likely get a small amount for around the house.

I thought Hornady had a Carbine JHP load in the Critical Defense line.

Been wanting a Carbine for a while myself, but... unfortunately, the problem with an original GI is that my brain goes straight to "historical artifact" and I don't have the confidence that *I* could do what needed to be done in an HD situation because of activist prosecutors/LE throwing the "doesn't matter about being cleared, you AIN'T gettin' it back" card.

Besides, I'd really rather *not* disfigure a GI model with the rails and other modernization I plan on adding...

I thought Hornady had a Carbine JHP load in the Critical Defense line.

Been wanting a Carbine for a while myself, but... unfortunately, the problem with an original GI is that my brain goes straight to "historical artifact" and I don't have the confidence that *I* could do what needed to be done in an HD situation because of activist prosecutors/LE throwing the "doesn't matter about being cleared, you AIN'T gettin' it back" card.

Besides, I'd really rather *not* disfigure a GI model with the rails and other modernization I plan on adding...
I had similar thoughts, I am not a collector and as such would be a easy mark for those that are unscrupulous about what something is or isn't, that's one thing. Then I would be diluting the true collector's market and perhaps taking ad devaluing someone else's passion. I don't want to do that either. While I do not intend to kick mine around, I won't get heartbroken if it get a character mark or two. I have plenty of AR's in 5.56 and 308 and they are more appropriate for WWIII, but this is for fun and I don't have the health to be tactical anyway.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top