JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have owned 3 of them. The first was a Winchester which I really liked. The next one was a Standard and I had it a 4-44 Inland barrel in excellent shape installed and the action bedded. This rifle was a great shooter. I now have a 1945 Inland and it is a great rifle. They bed the action so it is accurate and there is no movement between the metal and wood stock. The only issue I have had with it is the front sight assembly is pinned on and tends to loosen up and move front to back and side to side about 1/16 of an inch. I sent it back to Inland and they put another one on and it has loosened up to. That being said, I have not observed any deterioration in accuracy. I think some blue loctite would stop the movement.

You're not the one that wants to be talked out of it. ;)

P.S. I dig that para carbine, I've always wanted one of those.

HEY NOW! I resemble that remark! Anyway, I can see all kinds of reasons TO buy one, so it has to fall on reasons NOT to buy, to change my mind. So far there aren't any reasons to not buy. Sooo, I'll just sit back for a bit until the urge hits hard enough to pull the trigger! See if Keith's can order one maybe. Save some money over Gun Broker, Buds and such.

Lets start up our own M1 Carbine redistribution program. There seems to be some of you that have way too many of these jewels (medic, dunehopper o_O), and several of us poor soles that don't. CMP is not going to help us, lets do it ourselves. I want to start seeing some M1 Carbines in the Classified section.

Redistribution? WTH? This is not North Korea. This is a fast moving train and you had better figure out some way to jump om board. Or you will be left behind. Just because I may have two. Does not mean that you are entitled to one. So get your own.....lol

;)
Lets start up our own M1 Carbine redistribution program. There seems to be some of you that have way too many of these jewels (medic, dunehopper o_O), and several of us poor soles that don't. CMP is not going to help us, lets do it ourselves. I want to start seeing some M1 Carbines in the Classified section.

Sell one of my children? Never! :s0140:

Shake the trees. There out there.

You need to be able to find the diamond in the ruff.
It takes time and learning about these guns. Plus a lot of time messing around with them making repairs.

Honestly. My best guns were hidden behind a lot of ugly. But they were cheaper than they should have been. :s0092:

The real truth is. I didn't find them in the condition you see here.
I made them nice! And that's the fun part.;)

Last Edited:
;)
Shake the trees. There out there.

That is exactly what I am doing here.

I am pleasantly surprised to see so many beautiful examples of the M1 Carbine here in NW. But, like I said in the original post, I have not seen anything other than a a few Universals posted here. There is always GB, but the good deal is few and far between. Besides, I really would like to touch and feel the rifle I am purchasing first (not that I have ever been disappoint with my GB purchases in the past).

Thanks guy, I know they are out there. Just need to find someone willing to sell off one of their babies. I know how it is. I have three gun safes over flowing. I always have a hard time parting with one, especially ones that I brought back to life.

This is the one you want. Un-fired M2 Plainfield.

M2 CARBINE, WWII VINTAGE, UNFIRED, FULL-AUTO
Listed in category: Guns > Rifles > Military Misc. Rifles US > M1 Carbine
wm_md_3733408.jpg
wm_sm_3733408.jpg
wm_sm_3733409.jpg
Item Details
Condition: Never fired
Item #: 953101938
Caliber: .30 Carbine (7.62 x 33)

Auction Details

This auction has expired.
Time Left: Auction Ended Reserve Unmet
Ended on 3/10/2012 12:00:40 AM EST
Starting Price: $3,000.00
No Bids Yet
Shipping: $35.00

Return Policy: No Returns
Seller Details
Name: BAP801
Seller Since: Mar. 2012
User Level: Verified

This is the one you want. Un-fired M2 Plainfield.

M2 CARBINE, WWII VINTAGE, UNFIRED, FULL-AUTO
Listed in category: Guns > Rifles > Military Misc. Rifles US > M1 Carbine
View attachment 276184
View attachment 276185
View attachment 276186
Item Details
Condition: Never fired
Item #: 953101938
Caliber: .30 Carbine (7.62 x 33)

Auction Details

This auction has expired.
Time Left: Auction Ended Reserve Unmet
Ended on 3/10/2012 12:00:40 AM EST
Starting Price: $3,000.00
No Bids Yet
Shipping: $35.00

Return Policy: No Returns
Seller Details
Name: BAP801
Seller Since: Mar. 2012
User Level: Verified

You're right! And only $35.00 shipping! Naw....I'd go and mess it all up. I'd have to shoot it.

A story came out of the Korean War. A young Lt was issued a M-1 Carbine and shortly afterward his platoon was involved in a serious battle the broke down to hand-to-hand combat. The Lt fired his carbine until it jammed and then he used it for a club until it broke at which point he grabbed up a trenching tool and continued to fight off the invading N Koreans. After the battle he went to the rear with the remains of his platoon and stopped by the supply tent dropping the M-1 on the table along side of the now broken trenching tool and told the supply Sgt, "give me another trenching tool."

There are guns you want and guns you need and guns you can't afford and guns you feel you just gotta have.

Buy what you want, do it with both eyes open knowing exactly what you will get as far as how it will shoot and how expensive ammo is, read a lot etc.

Then if you want one buy it. I had an original M1 carbine bought at a pawn shop for 75.00 about 20 yrs ago and did hunt deer with it, it worked ok but I felt it was under powered for deer unless you are talking about small blacktails etc.

I graduated to a larger caliber and did not shoot the M1 so a few yrs later I sold it. Kind of wish I would have kept it, bought it cheap and sold it cheap. Ammo was expensive, too expensive to use the gun as a plinker so that is why I sold it.

Last Edited:
I don't hunt, so no issue with power. I just think it's a way cool rifle, and even though it's a knock-off it's supposedly true to the original and that works for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top