JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I put a post in "Curio & Relics" that probably didn't belong there, so a copy and paste with my original deleted.

After looking at the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) offering it looks like those guns may be in pretty bad shape, and not a great investment having to be rebuilt a bunch, pitted barrels, showing heavy use and such. I'd pass on that as a crap-shoot with $700.00. I want a shooter not a collector anyways.

I'm wondering about a new Inland M1 Carbine? Anybody have one? I read an article in Guns and Ammo on it and really fell in love with the look, and history of the original. The article stated that it's hard to tell the difference between an original and the new one. Ammo price isn't way out of line and straight wall cases are easy to reload, Star Line has brass too at reasonable prices. So are there reasons a person should not like this gun? Some might say get a Garand, I think the Garand is way neat too, but the extra weight/size/recoil is a little much, more difficult to load, and I don't shoot way out, at this point anyway.

So talk me into OR out of it!

Thanks

Mike

Snag one! They are a pretty fun little carbine to shoot. here is one I built starting with just the receiver.

pistols001.jpg pistols002.jpg

Last Edited:
I've played with the new Inland carbine and I am impressed. It is a cast receiver but so what!
Get one, you wont be disappointed.
Of course they are being made by the same company that makes Hi Points!

You can still find an original carbine in decent shape for 500-700 but its rare these days. And something is always worn out on them. But then again parts are easy to find, and the carbine is very easy to work on!

I've played with the new Inland carbine and I am impressed. It is a cast receiver but so what!
Get one, you wont be disappointed.
Of course they are being made by the same company that makes Hi Points!

You can still find an original carbine in decent shape for 500-700 but its rare these days. And something is always worn out on them. But then again parts are easy to find, and the carbine is very easy to work on!

Yeah, that "High Point" thing had me stepping back. Do you suppose they cast the receiver for the M1 right next to the slides for the High Point, hmm.
I was wondering if I was seeing right, there are others manufacturers making new copies too? Or just inland?

Thanks guys! Hmm, am I glad or not that we're missing the "Talking out of" part, so far? The prices I've seen on Gun Broker and such seems a little high for a knock off, maybe? I was thinking I'd check and see what Keith's could get me one for.

When I looked on-line ammo was available and at $22.00/50 didn't seem crazy. Hell, used to pay $22.0 or something like that for .45acp? I wouldn't want to lose fired brass for sure! I guess ALL ammo I shoot is expensive compared to my home-made. Star Line has .30 carbine brass for $122.00/500, spendy I guess, but that's a lot of shots getting 3-4-5 reloads per case.

Last Edited:
Carbines are fun , light and easy to shoot.
I owned a '43 dated Inland at one time and like a fool traded it off.
Just took a long look at the new Inland Carbine at the gun show last weekend.
It seemed very well put together.
As stated before ammo can be hard to get.
Since you hand load this might not be a issue. You could work up a soft point load and have a semi-auto .32.20 wcf so to speak , just dandy for small game and coyotes.
Andy

I say this you only LIVE ONCE you better by god enjoy it because there is no second time around.
In the physical sence spirtually well thats in the end. JMO :s0101::s0169::s0067:

Do get a M1 Carbine.

Don't get a commercial M1 Carbine!

Now when you get your CMP gun. Your gona freak out. And maybe throw-up a little bit in your mouth? :confused:

Not to panic! Contact me. And I will help you make it a functioning thing of beauty.
I have developed an effective M1 carbine gun/ stock rehabilitation program.
Trust me. :D

Rock-0la stock before and after.

Do get a M1 Carbine.

Don't get a commercial M1 Carbine!

Now when you get your CMP gun. Your gona freak out. And maybe throw-up a little bit in your mouth? :confused:

Not to panic! Contact me. And I will help you make it a functioning thing of beauty.
I have developed an effective M1 carbine gun/ stock rehabilitation program.
Trust me. :D

Rock-0la stock before and after.

Man, that's some crazy cool wood in that stock Medic!

Man, that's some crazy cool wood in that stock Medic!

Thanks.

It's a Rockola [RMC stamped] High wood. With an I cut sling hole. Plus it's tiger striped! :eek:

And I did not mean to imply that I charge anything for any service. I'm just willing to help others with there stocks. And to get there carbines running well. With free advice, Tips, and experience with wood stocks and carbines. ;)

Here another gun with good wood grain hiding, that I liberated with a refinish.

If your wondering. The rounded gap between the recoil pad and stock on the Winchester. Was already there from the factory! Those Hacks! :mad:

I preserve all the sharp edges and detail the stock will allow.

What's the model of the Winchester? That is a Winchester? Cartridge?

The money I have to buy the .30 Carbine came from the sale of two of my dads old Winchesters. a model 66 and 86 that were beaters and in pretty bad shape. There was no sentimentality hanging on them. I figured the best thing was turn the old rifles into new rifles so that's why I'm looking to the .30 carbine.

Since 30M1 is a heavy straight wall case you will get more then 4-5 reloads out of a case. I have some that are over 7 loads now Not as good as a bucket shaped case like a 45 ACP but as good as .357 or .38spl. You can also get creative and load 125gr Sierra HPFN's They are a 30-30 bullet with a nice hollow point and a flat nose so short enough for the carbine action. If you are interested let me know I will give you a load starting point. I have gotten very good accuracy from my loads with this bullet. Great hunting round.

What's the model of the Winchester? That is a Winchester? Cartridge?

The money I have to buy the .30 Carbine came from the sale of two of my dads old Winchesters. a model 66 and 86 that were beaters and in pretty bad shape. There was no sentimentality hanging on them. I figured the best thing was turn the old rifles into new rifles so that's why I'm looking to the .30 carbine.

The gun is a Winchester 94 BB [Big Bore] in .375.

As to old guns?
They give me an artistic outlet. Both in mechanically repairing them. And in working with the wood.

You would be surprised at what you can end up with.

I endorse people getting CMP guns. Partly to see them learn what I have in bringing them back. And also to enjoy there historic value.
It's not for everyone. I get that.
Still. You can shoot them. ;)

Plus it's also handy to have a dozen or so carbines to loan out as guard duty guns. If the hood turns ugly! :D

Anyways. I enjoy the challenge.

Here is another Carbine stock repair I made. After staining it blended in well.
I use an old broken antique walnut stock I bought for $1 as a wood downer.
I couldn't save that one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top