JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am heavily contemplating buying a Umarex Hammer .510 bore pcp rifle. I really want the carbine edition but it is still new and commands $300 dollars above the standard Hammer. I want a pcp gun capable of taking deer size game out to 50yds or so. I have never owned a Umarex product and have heard some mixed reviews of their products and cs. So let's hear your experiences with Umarex products! @Frank RW I know you have had some experience with Umarex so don't hold back!

I have The FN 502 is manufactured for FN America by the UMAREX company in Germany And I Have zero complaints with it it's a option loaded platform for a small price and very fun to shoot
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3l5OFxePk

It does not come with the optic or light

This is mine although not an airgun very fun
I have never had one issue with mine no fail to extract or stove pipe but I ran federal ammo , I don't understand this clown pushing the mag release button
Then claiming it's the gun

123_1.jpeg 123_1.jpeg

Last Edited:
@osprey
I'm thinking the added weight of the flashlight he has one the pistol reduced the recoil of it keep in mind it's only a 22lr

Is what caused the fails of eject and so on

I have The FN 502 is manufactured for FN America by the UMAREX company in Germany And I Have zero complaints with it it's a option loaded platform for a small price and very fun to shoot
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3l5OFxePk

It does not come with the optic or light

This is mine although not an airgun very fun
I have never had one issue with mine no fail to extract or stove pipe but I ran federal ammo , I don't understand this clown pushing the mag release button
Then claiming it's the gun

View attachment 1825611 View attachment 1825612
Umarex has owned Walther for a long time. The same Walther factory has always made fine .22s for many brands. I have 3 walther .22 pistols, 3 hk .22 pistols, 1 s&w .22, used to have a colt .22, all made by walther, all are excellent. Walther also makes .22s for beretta, hammerli, IWI, and others besides the FN, Colt, S&W, HKs mentioned.

I've only owned one umarex airgun. It's a BB gun machine gun and is well built and reliable. Can't comment about their high end stuff but normally umarex gets good reviews on YouTube from what I've seen. Unlike a lot of the garbage airguns out there. But I haven't seen that many.
Umarex mp 40 bb machine gun

Last Edited:
I also am considering one of the AEA element max big bores as they have many desirable features that make them stand above the Umarex. The AEA however is a single shot which is not a huge deal to me.

I also am considering one of the AEA element max big bores as they have many desirable features that make them stand above the Umarex. The AEA however is a single shot which is not a huge deal to me.
Perhaps check "gateway to airguns" or the yellow forum as their may be someone there with specific experience of those guns. Also you could email Rick ustler (sp?). I think he runs gateway to airguns now and has reviewed hundreds of airguns on YouTube/other places.

Well my foray into big bore airguns is beginning! After much research I talked myself out of several different options including the Umarex Hammer. Most of the affordable options I looked at had dubious support for known issues. That left some of the expensive options, and I am just not ready to drop $1500-2000 on an air rifle. After extensive research I have landed on a well known brand with known customer service. It is the Benjamin bulldog in .457! I have had very good luck with this brand and am very comfortable with the decision. It is not the most powerful option but is quite capable of killing deer out to 50yds and a bit beyond. It also helped that Cabelas had them on sale for $850 and I leveraged some accumulated points to soften the bottom line. It should be here in a week or so and the ammo testing will begin!

Last Edited:
I also am very comfortable with the bullpup configuration in the field as my hatsan flashpup is my go to critter getter the last few years.

I will admit she is a bit homely but form follows function. I think this one will definitely have an appointment with a rattle can makeover.

Last Edited:
I have ordered 3 different types of slugs for this one to see what it will like.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top