JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being married to an Aussie woman for the last 16 years, I have a tidbit of advice based on that video.

A "Sheila" is Aussie slang for a transvestite... don't refer to, or call an Aussie woman a "Sheila", they may schmack ya!

I suspect little "miss polite" was too shy, or overwhelmed with the situation to correct him.... LOL.

Last Edited:
And the 'outback' is the little one-holer. And the part of Australia that is empty - like 99.9999% of it, well, REAL Orstrilians call it 'The Gafa', or, 'the great Australian ****-**'.

Oh yes, a bison is what an Orstilian washes his fice in.

Being married to an Aussie woman for the last 16 years, I have a tidbit of advice based on that video.

A "Sheila" is Aussie slang for a tranvestite... don't refer to, or call a woman a "Sheila", they may schmack ya!

I suspect little "miss polite" was too shy, or overwhelmed with the situation to correct him.... LOL.

Got a new word to use next time I go to Portland!:s0112:

Taking a "anti-gunner" to the range can be rewarding.

I would however suggest that if you do , you take a page from Joe Friday's book and stick with :
"Just the facts"...
Keep your lessons on safety and shooting , simple without a over abundance of terms , history , or commentary...

Let them ask as many questions as they want...and keep a "poker face" along with a non smart azz tone or answer when disputing a common fallacy about firearms...

Do give lots of Positive commentary when :
They follow basic safety rules...
Show good and safe firearm shooting form , even if they miss...
Andy

I took a local news reporter to the range , long story short she conceal carries a Shield everywhere now .She wasn't anti so much as she read too much " reefer madness " about guns
Her first day . We are good buddies now .

Last Edited:
lol damn, permission to go from the GF? That's rare
Offtopic: She knows that I want kids someday and various medical issues (plus age, two years to The Big 5-0 for her) won't let her be the one to bear them, so... we have some big differences to bridge, but that's a go at one of them. I'm a lucky fella to have her, and even though we're Long Distance every day I try to make sure she knows how much I appreciate her for it.

Offtopic: She knows that I want kids someday and various medical issues (plus age, two years to The Big 5-0 for her) won't let her be the one to bear them, so... we have some big differences to bridge, but that's a go at one of them. I'm a lucky fella to have her, and even though we're Long Distance every day I try to make sure she knows how much I appreciate her for it.
That's a pretty sweet setup for you. lol but seriously, I understand your sentiment.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top