JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being married to an Aussie woman for the last 16 years, I have a tidbit of advice based on that video.

A "Sheila" is Aussie slang for a transvestite... don't refer to, or call an Aussie woman a "Sheila", they may schmack ya!

I suspect little "miss polite" was too shy, or overwhelmed with the situation to correct him.... LOL.

Last Edited:
And the 'outback' is the little one-holer. And the part of Australia that is empty - like 99.9999% of it, well, REAL Orstrilians call it 'The Gafa', or, 'the great Australian ****-**'.

Oh yes, a bison is what an Orstilian washes his fice in.

Being married to an Aussie woman for the last 16 years, I have a tidbit of advice based on that video.

A "Sheila" is Aussie slang for a tranvestite... don't refer to, or call a woman a "Sheila", they may schmack ya!

I suspect little "miss polite" was too shy, or overwhelmed with the situation to correct him.... LOL.

Got a new word to use next time I go to Portland!:s0112:

Taking a "anti-gunner" to the range can be rewarding.

I would however suggest that if you do , you take a page from Joe Friday's book and stick with :
"Just the facts"...
Keep your lessons on safety and shooting , simple without a over abundance of terms , history , or commentary...

Let them ask as many questions as they want...and keep a "poker face" along with a non smart azz tone or answer when disputing a common fallacy about firearms...

Do give lots of Positive commentary when :
They follow basic safety rules...
Show good and safe firearm shooting form , even if they miss...
Andy

I took a local news reporter to the range , long story short she conceal carries a Shield everywhere now .She wasn't anti so much as she read too much " reefer madness " about guns
Her first day . We are good buddies now .

Last Edited:
lol damn, permission to go from the GF? That's rare
Offtopic: She knows that I want kids someday and various medical issues (plus age, two years to The Big 5-0 for her) won't let her be the one to bear them, so... we have some big differences to bridge, but that's a go at one of them. I'm a lucky fella to have her, and even though we're Long Distance every day I try to make sure she knows how much I appreciate her for it.

Offtopic: She knows that I want kids someday and various medical issues (plus age, two years to The Big 5-0 for her) won't let her be the one to bear them, so... we have some big differences to bridge, but that's a go at one of them. I'm a lucky fella to have her, and even though we're Long Distance every day I try to make sure she knows how much I appreciate her for it.
That's a pretty sweet setup for you. lol but seriously, I understand your sentiment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top