JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like the ERGO roller handles. I don't have the risers on my Dillons. I like to be able to sit while I load and, without the riser, I can see the powder in the brass before I place the bullet.

The sky lights are nice also. Another product from Inline Fabrication.

How do you think the 650 will do with Hodgdon H335 for .223 and CFE 223 for .308?

Geno
I have used both with no problems. I prefer it the other way around though. H335 for 308 and the CFE 223 for .223. If I remember right the CFE can be used in both cases with good results. Check out the burn rates at the front of your reloading manual. They are pretty close to each other.

I'm looking at upgrades for this 650 XL already- the Ultramount riser system and ERGO roller handle seem to be the best choices for this reloader. Made in Oregon too (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Geno
If your talking about inline fab, yes. Made in Oregon. Dan is a great guy to deal with too.

UFO lighting a must have.https://www.amazon.com/UFO-Reloadin...513391671&sr=8-2&keywords=dillon+650+lighting
71IbU-leGjL._SL1280_.jpg

After working 6 days straight, I finally got a chance to assemble my 650 XL- I temporarily mounted it on my shooting table with a C-clamp. It's going upstairs in the office- better than next to an open flame (water heater) in the garage. I still need to order dies, a powder checker, and of course the electric case feeder.

Geno
Dillon 650 XL reloader_003.jpg

Just how accurate is that Dillion throwing the smaller rifle powder weights? I am specifically thinking here of about 15.0 grains of either H110 or 298 for a possible .30 Carbine reloading dream. Or hobby. Or lots of fun. Whatever. :)

I've loaded .357, .41 and 500 magnums with 110 (WW296 would be the same) and it meters well through the Dillon powder measure that came with my 550.
Extruded powders that I use in the 30-06 can be a bit finicky. If I am loading practice ammo it's ok and I don't worry about the variance. For hunting ammo I throw a light charge and trickle up to weight.
@ron Those lights are a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing.

I don't know.... maybe its me and my two left thumbs, but I have had a hard time getting consistent throws out of the Dillon vs. the Hornady LNL.... at least with Unique powder. 231 seemed to give me better results, but Unique would throw +/- .2 grains when I had it in the hopper.

After working 6 days straight, I finally got a chance to assemble my 650 XL- I temporarily mounted it on my shooting table with a C-clamp. It's going upstairs in the office- better than next to an open flame (water heater) in the garage. I still need to order dies, a powder checker, and of course the electric case feeder.

Geno
View attachment 414045
Excellent!

I don't know.... maybe its me and my two left thumbs, but I have had a hard time getting consistent throws out of the Dillon vs. the Hornady LNL.... at least with Unique powder. 231 seemed to give me better results, but Unique would throw +/- .2 grains when I had it in the hopper.

Can't compare to the Hornady because I've never used one, but the Dillon isn't as smooth as my old Lyman #55. The Lyman might balk with extruded powder, but will cut through the kernels and still throw consistent charges.

Got the 650 XL mounted in it's new home- in the office. I'll be coming back from Oregon after Christmas with bullets, primers, and powder. Looking forward to making some bullets with it.

Geno
Dillon 650 XL reloader_004.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews