JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you perform a tactical reload during a pause in a gunfight?

• Yes, I would retain the partial mag in a pocket or holder and insert a fresh mag.

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No, I would dump a partial mag on the ground and get ready to fight again.

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Great tips guys! Thanx!!!

I've practiced retention of mags both in back pocket, front pocket, mag carrier, but didn't know what a "dump bag" was. Still don't but I guess I can imagine or look it up... Is it a military thing? Cuz I can't imagine wearing a "dump bag" in EDC. :)

but didn't know what a "dump bag" was. Still don't but I guess I can imagine or look it up... Is it a military thing?

The only "Dump Bag " I used in the Army was :
A large zip lock with the a layer of baking soda to collect my "dump" and pack it out when in a hide position or on a
LRRP / LRSD mission....but the term "Dump Bag" may mean something else here...:eek::D

I used to just toss the empty magazines in a cargo pocket of my BDU's , tuck a partial filled one , in my shirt , or toss 'em in my "butt pack" on my web gear....
Andy

The only "Dump Bag " I used in the Army was :
A large zip lock with the a layer of baking soda to collect my "dump" and pack it out when in a hide position or on a
LRRP / LRSD mission....but the term "Dump Bag" may mean something else here...:eek::D

I used to just toss the magazines in a cargo pocket of my BDU's , tuck a partial filled one , in my shirt , or toss 'em in my "butt pack" on my web gear....
Andy

LOL... Good one!

Thread drift: I've used the huge pocket on my web gear during a 2 gun competition (BTW, web gear don't work for sh!t with a standard belt holster... the pockets hang right down in the way, but we aren't allowed to use drop holsters unless we are military or LEO). I've also used a trap/skeet/shotgun bag for 3 gun, it was ok but the mags are loose then. I see guys that are into 3 gun have all kinds of fancy gear.

Back on topic: lots of mag fumbles on youtoob, what a hoot!!!

Here is another vid with a LEO tactical reload... looks like it was done pretty well by the officer after getting busy with a gang member:

One of the first TAC reloads I've heard of.

He had great composure...outstanding!

I do not believe in "lulls" in gunfights. Either the threat is verified no longer, or the cavalry is on scene.

I teach speed reload for everything, but since he had a partner there, he was covered.
I would have done a speed reload, and picked up the partial magazine off the deck when feasible if I was alone.

Still too much unknown around there. An apartment building full of who knows who...family...friends, not a good combo to have by yourself when juggling two magazines.

Still too much unknown around there. An apartment building full of who knows who...family...friends,

And good reason to top off, yes?

I'm not sure any CCW holder will ever be in a situation like that, but still it's better to have that skill and not need it then not have it and fumble the mag. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top