JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are practicing these skills in case they have to go up against an unarmed mother as in D C.
Or to use instead of tazring a high school kid with his hands up.

Sheldon

cancer.JPG

cancer.JPG

I wouldn't call this trick or tactical. Just drilling how to reload 1 handed after your other hand has been shot. Its common to get hit in your hand because they focus on your gun and that's where the bullet ends up. Maybe their drills don't work for you but do whatever you need to do to get it reloaded and stay in the fight. If you haven't trained and practiced this then you will get flustered and get dead. I like how they practiced strong and support side in case you get hit in your strong side. I would add a drill where your hand has been hit and the gun has dropped on the ground. The drill starts out with you kneeling down, picking it up, then delivering your shots.

That was probably one of the most retarded things iv ever seen. I still can't believe someone actually put that video together and said "Man! We look good"
What a joke. I'm pretty sure that either they or anyone dumb enough to learn from them is gonna shoot their own dick off.

i dont understand why they are getting bagged on so much,
while the oresentation may be crappy "SOME" of what they are teaching is bubblegum you all better learn IF SHTF
i mean how many of you do know how to run a gun with one hand? etc etc

Test question scenario for you. You are right handed and you are exchanging fire with someone else with your Glock 26 carry gun. Your right hand gets hit and you can no longer use it. Your G26 is now laying on the ground in front of you. You don't have a New York reload on you. So you pick it up with your left hand and fire 1 shot "limp wristing" it causing a stovepipe because you didn't practice shooting left handed enough. How do you fix the malfunction using your left hand only so you can return fire and not die?

i would say get a 1911 like i use so you dont have that issue?

Test question scenario for you. You are right handed and you are exchanging fire with someone else with your Glock 26 carry gun. Your right hand gets hit and you can no longer use it. Your G26 is now laying on the ground in front of you. You don't have a New York reload on you. So you pick it up with your left hand and fire 1 shot "limp wristing" it causing a stovepipe because you didn't practice shooting left handed enough. How do you fix the malfunction using your left hand only so you can return fire and not die?

I almost always subtract major respect points when people show the following things:
Plate carriers and lots of ammo pouches. Idiots use these at the range, supposedly training, but they don't wear these at any other time.
Overweight. I'm overweight, but nothing like some of these guys. Mall ninjas have nothing to teach me.
At any time look away from the target. This thing bothers me the most. People do all sort of dumb things, but taking eyes off the target is the worst.

Special cookies are out there for stupidity for the pinky shooting. Did anyone notice the carnage that can result from the slide ripping into a palm?

At any time look away from the target. This thing bothers me the most. People do all sort of dumb things, but taking eyes off the target is the worst.
Yeah these drills should be automatic. You should be able to do everything without looking at it. Especially these police officers who do this for a living and probably work at night and have most of their encounters at night. What happens when your in low light or no light? You cant be looking at your gun at night because you cant see it.

To be honest, I had no idea how to do a one handed reload or even rack the slide one handed before watching the first video. However, don't particularly like the idea of using a belt buckle to rack the slide with the muzzle pointed at my tallywacker!

Typical to these videos,make more movements than necessary to make it more interesting.
Most better firearms have a slide release and don't need a belt buckle or a shoe the drop the slide

But... I bet it gets more Mall Ninjas to sign up for classes!

Its interesting, just not extremely practical. My biggest beef with these types of videos are in these situations where they are dumping an entire mag, the old adage - " Fight your way to a rifle" should be the motto to live by. I carried a sidearm in the military, trained extensively with it, learned all sorts of fancy drills and shots, but carried a rifle 99.99999% of the time. If you are in a standup firefight with only a sidearm, find cover, fall back and call in the cavalry....they'll bring the rifles.

So with a 1911 I would eject the spent magazine, re-holster, load a new magazine with my right hand, unholster, hit the slide release, and fire...no boot heel or belt buckle involved, and no unsafe manipulation. Got it!

Oh, and when I'm fishing for a new magazine on my left side with my right hand I won't have to reach around an extra 40 pounds of blubber either.:)

So with a 1911 I would eject the spent magazine, re-holster, load a new magazine with my right hand, unholster, hit the slide release, and fire...no boot heel or belt buckle involved, and no unsafe manipulation. Got it!

Oh, and when I'm fishing for a new magazine on my left side with my right hand I won't have to reach around an extra 40 pounds of blubber either.:)

Maybe they should get a belly rig instead of a belt rig; might make access easier! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top