JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Test question scenario for you. You are right handed and you are exchanging fire with someone else with your Glock 26 carry gun. Your right hand gets hit and you can no longer use it. Your G26 is now laying on the ground in front of you. You don't have a New York reload on you. So you pick it up with your left hand and fire 1 shot "limp wristing" it causing a stovepipe because you didn't practice shooting left handed enough. How do you fix the malfunction using your left hand only so you can return fire and not die?

The same way I would perform the one handed operation with my right hand, except using trigger finger instead of thumb to operate magazine release button?

To clear a stove pipe, one handed, I would catch the exposed area of the shell on my belt on my side, without pointing the muzzle at my balls or belly, and shove the gun forward/away from my body.

Ejecting spent magazine is done by operating the mag release with my trigger finger. If the magazine is stuck, I'd catch the lip of the magazine on my belt and rip it out by pulling the gun away from my body, with the muzzle pointing away from me. To reload, I would either reholster (easy enough since I carry appendix and can easily reach the gun with either hand) or place the gun, muzzle down between my knees or in some other secure position, and use my good hand to insert a magazine, then catch the rear sight on my holster or belt and again, using a motion forcing the gun away from my body with the muzzle pointing away from me, rack the slide to chamber a round.

I actually practice one handed draws, reloads, and malf clearance with both hands, using dummy rounds. I don't practice goofy shat like the heel reloads, upside down pinky-trigger-shooting, forearm racking, or other tacticool nonsense that is wasted motion or unnecessarily unsafe.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top