JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
carry my SW 66 2.5" or Springfield subcompact without broadcasting I'm carrying. I have different types of holsters; IWB, OWB, etc., but both seem very heavy with a summer belt and do not seem to be able to conceal easily. If I wear a top shirt I can get too warm when I wear a lite poly shirt underneath. Any ideas??

Fanny pack in front broadcasts "concealed"???

thanks.

I'm 6'1" and go between 220-270lbs.

Only thing that I've found that works is a light gun in a pair of cargo pants or shorts pocket (hangs loose so it doesn't print like an upper pocket).

OR

I bought a maxpedition fat boy satchel? That goes from one shoulder and rests on the othe hip. Thought I would stand out like a sore thumb advertising I was carrying a gun. Then I remembered its Portland and a quarter of the male population seems to carry some type of bag.

It also holds a few other things I wouldn't normally have the space to keep with me.

If you find something better then I'd be interested in what you find.

I either put my Kahr cm9 in a Desanti pocket holster or use a pistolwear jogging holster. I specifically use it because it looks like a fanny pack on the outside and no one looks at it differently than if I was nerd from the 80's

Pistol Wear - Holsters that fit your lifestyle. (http://www.pistolwear.com/)

Just dont be this guy and point your gun at your junk

IMG_3235__00295.1389116216.1280.854.jpg

I have found that a computer bag also works great as a CCW bag and doesn't look like a murse. More than half of the adult males in Seattle have one over their shoulders already. Mine does make a great load out bag. Otherwise, cargo shorts with a really good belt and a Hawaiian shirt does fine.

I'm 6'4'' 260 with broad shoulders and narrow hips, and I find long sports type shirts with cargo shorts work well. I really like the Columbia Sports Wear outdoor shirts. I also wear a sports coat a lot, due to my profession, and this also helps, while allowing me to keep cool.

Dude I would never carry a handgun pointed at my junk!

I'm not a big guy, 5'11" and 185lbs.
I am always wearing shorts and a T-shirt unless it's low 50s or under. And I carry a G26 in a IWB holster, was a galco kingtuk and recently switched to a smaller holster.

I never have an issue. With a little wind you get a lot of printing but it just looks like a cell phone on my belt. Most people won't even notice

I just picked up an Uncle Mikes "Inside the Pant Holster" and so far it seems to work out just fine. Even when just wearing a T-shirt, I got a left handed holster even though I'm right handed and it sits just above my right back pocket pretty comfortably.

Wow, that's a radical grip!

I lean toward dark T-shirts or short-sleeve shirts, a bit on the large size for me, and long. Wear outside your trousers. Then a good high IWB or even OWB holster. I carry a Walther PPQ, not some mouse gun. Seems to work...

But then I'm an old guy. People tend not to pay attention to us. ;)

BTW I like Kevlar, as it's not bulky and keeps sweat off the gun.

Last Edited:
I can cc a Sig P226 IWB under a t-shirt. I wear a size bigger than I'd normally wear. Seems like everybody is wearing baggy shirts now so my one size larger shirt doesn't even register.
I'm 5'11" and 200lbs with a 36" waist.

Pocket carry or cargo pocket carry are both easy to do with smaller guns and the right holster. I used to use a kydex trigger guard on a TCP in the cargo pant for many summers. Might go back to it because it was so damn easy. I had my wife sew loops inside the pocket, then a piece of paracord looped onto the pocket loop and the holster/trigger guard. When I pulled the gun out, the guard caught and clipped off.

Only downside to this is slower draw times. With practice I was pretty quick though.

6'1"/200, I keep a little S&W 638 in a simple nylon holster under an un-tucked shirt, usually a Hawaiian in the summer. Winter's really easy with jackets and flannels

Not comfy locked into one spot, I pre-plan and make sure no one's looking when I slide the holster forward or back along my belt for walking, getting in and out of vehicles, sitting in restaurants, etc.

It's become second nature to move certain ways around other people to avoid telltale printing and bulging. Unlike those freakishly tiny-peckered guys who feel some sense of duty to "educate" the liberal masses with OC in public places (which will NEVER happen), concealed means concealed to me.

Last Edited:
I'm 5'10", 180 and carry a 2" .38 in a DeSantis FlexTuck at about the 1 o'clock position. Go one size up on a t-shirt and it covers pretty well.

Having consumed many six packs, it fits nicely right in the little hallow near the appendix...

6'1"/200, I keep a little S&W 638 in a simple nylon holster under an un-tucked shirt, usually a Hawaiian in the summer. Winter's really easy with jackets and flannels

Not comfy locked into one spot, I pre-plan and make sure no one's looking when I slide the holster forward or back along my belt for walking, getting in and out of vehicles, sitting in restaurants, etc.

It's become second nature to move certain ways around other people to avoid telltale printing and bulging. Unlike those freakishly tiny-peckered guys who feel some sense of duty to "educate" the liberal masses with OC in public places (which will NEVER happen), concealed means concealed to me.
What a nice way to describe fellow carriers and members of this forum.
Perhaps you should review the rules and the bulletin Joe posted.

Point well taken Decklin.

It was not my intent to single out or attack any particular individual. In discussing some practices and personal feelings about concealed carry (which I strongly endorse for civilians who carry in public, particularly congested urban settings), I used offensive words to express my views about those who like to advertise that they are armed - with the overt objective of pushing an agenda.

To clarify, I don't condemn those who OC (open carry) where it's permitted (and sometimes not) - OC is a personal choice. I just question the underlying motives of those (thankfully few) who OC in hopes of eliciting some sort of reaction in others.

As a side note, I carry wherever it's practical to do so discretely. I'm just not personally inclined to signal an evil person planning evil things in a public place that my loved ones and I would be the best targets to neutralize first.

Last Edited:
What the heck is a "summer"belt? I carry an xds 9mm appendix (a new thing for me) in a raw dog defender pro with shorts and an untucked tee. I never imagined how darned comfy that mode is. Oh, and the knowledge the gun has a grip safety helps with the idea of where the gun is pointing when holstered!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top