JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure you laugh till it happens to you.

Murse? You mean man bag, it's European! Lol.

serveimagemanbag 2.jpg Manbag 1.jpg

Stick with a good solid gun belt. With an untucked shirt, it's irrelevant what the belt looks like. And a good belt is always key to effective concealment. Also, if you say a good gun belt is too heavy or hot for summer, then none of the rest of this matters and I can't really help you. There are some tradeoffs with carrying. It's a heavy gun for crying out loud. It needs to be supported properly.

Secondly, how do you feel about appendix carry? With the right holster you can conceal just about anything...within reason. I can suggest a JM Custom AIWB-WC holster. The wing and claw keeps the butt of the gun tight to the body line to avoid printing.

After that you need a moderately loose t-shirt. And you might prefer a lightweight undershirt of some sort to keep the holster off your skin. A lightweight tank top or sleeveless Under Armor shirt can help. It's a bit of a tradeoff. You'll run a little bit hotter with an undershirt but I think it's worth it to keep the holster off of you. Also a fabric like what Under Armor uses might help keep you drier since it's better at managing sweat than cotton.

I recently bought a duty belt liner. It closes with Mongo velcro instead of a belt buckle. Takes a bit to get used to no belt buckle but it's no big deal. Holds my Kahr cw45 in a Versacarry with no problem. I expect it to be very comfortable for summer wear as well.
Your mileage may vary.

Edit: Links would be helpful. Here's the liner I got. $25.
HSGI Inner Belt

As far as the Versacarry, Bi-Mart Carries them as well as Walmart. They are all under twenty bucks. Pick your caliber and length. You can get them to carry deep into your belt, midway or ride high.

Last Edited:
I don't prefer to carry off body, but there are occasions when I am wearing slacks that would print to heavily for a pocket carry, and a tucked in shirt that prevents belt. In those cases I carry my "murse ". While carrying this way in Seattle I don't even get a second look.

IMG_0584.JPG IMG_0585.JPG

I don't prefer to carry off body, but there are occasions when I am wearing slacks that would print to heavily for a pocket carry, and a tucked in shirt that prevents belt. In those cases I carry my "murse ". While carrying this way in Seattle I don't even get a second look.

View attachment 370938 View attachment 370939
That's a nice man bag! Very discreet. What's the brand? To your point, many of the carry bags are a bit too tacti-cool to be discreet. My beloved Maxpedition NeatFreak kind of pushes that boundary but its a great bag. The holster components will attach to any Velcro panel so its easy to switch.

IMG_20170618_095751.jpg tmp_13355-IMG_20170618_095717426177313.jpg

That's a nice man bag! Very discreet. What's the brand? To your point, many of the carry bags are a bit too tacti-cool to be discreet. My beloved Maxpedition NeatFreak kind of pushes that boundary but its a great bag. The holster components will attach to any Velcro panel so its easy to switch.

I like Maxpedition products too. The bag I have pictured is a Tuff Product. If you eliminate the exterior flashlight, the bag looks like a standard camera bag.

One of the biggest things people have a hard time getting over when concealed carrying is the thought of someone finding out that you have a gun on you when out and about.

I have carried a S&W M&P 45 compact for years in the summer and winter, it is not a huge gun but it is not a small gun either. I wear shorts and thin button up shirts in the summer and I have never been found out in the 9 years that I have carried.

For my first year or two of concealed carry I felt like everyone was staring at me, I would tend to tug at my shirt to make sure my gun was covered (I still do this some times out of habit)

Heck, the few times I have opened carried my 1911 or gp100 nobody ever said anything or had a problem.

My advice would be to carry what you want to carry and wear what you want and just try to relax.

Last Edited:
This^^^^ As I often write on these pages, "People are stupid and unobservant!"
Also, printing is not "brandishing" no one can conceal perfectly! Relax and enjoy the summer! :)

Get a pocket gun and stick it in your front pocket in a pocket holster. I like to put a wad of cash in front of the holster, that really breaks up the look & I carry a
.45 auto with a 3" barrel, so anything else should be no problem in that size range. If you need a little more room buy a size larger shorts. Izod shorts have a lot of room in the pockets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top