JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Point well taken Decklin.

It was not my intent to single out or attack any particular individual. In discussing some practices and personal feelings about concealed carry (which I strongly endorse for civilians who carry in public, particularly congested urban settings), I used offensive words to express my views about those who like to advertise that they are armed - with the overt objective of pushing an agenda.

To clarify, I don't condemn those who OC (open carry) where it's permitted (and sometimes not) - OC is a personal choice. I just question the underlying motives of those (thankfully few) who OC in hopes of eliciting some sort of reaction in others.

As a side note, I carry wherever it's practical to do so discretely. I'm just not personally inclined to signal an evil person planning evil things in a public place that my loved ones and I would be the best targets to neutralize first.
Well said.

Thanks man, I wasn't trying to stir things up. The last thing we (reasonable armed citizens) need to do is inflame public fear and resentment. I only wish that a few concealed carriers could appear by surprise the next time some twisted coward decides to start killing defenseless people at work, or a concert, or a movie, or a mall, or a bar, or an airport... stay tuned.

This is healthy discussion, sharing ways to carry self-defense weapons without attracting undue scrutiny.

My sweetheart and I will have to figure out clever ways to conceal a wep on her person. The purse is a no brainer, but she doesn't always bring one. I've actually committed (gasp) the major fashion faux pas of sporting a fanny pack - this century - when there was no other option in shorts and t-shirt on my mountain bike.

Last Edited:
th?id=OIP.M11302ef2f73ad46b112df1853ec85676o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=238&h=165.jpg
I'm 5'8" 275 pounds, diabetic. I enjoy short walks on the beach and assisted transport, and I open carry a SIG th?id=OIP.M3a5864be35daf90f6f7484f17b6b77f5o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=322&h=129.jpg

I don't understand the question. Do you mean, how do I carry without buying anything new? Or...what can I buy so I can conceal better with these conditions?

For the first, you pretty much have appendix carry or move your IWB strong side as far forward (2 o'clock or so) as possible.

For the second, your best bet might be to get another gun. For those light-clothing days I go with a Kahr P380 in either a Crossbreed MiniTuck around 3 o'clock or in an Alabama kydex pocket holster (super thin profile). Now, to be honest, I'd prefer a 9mm single stack in some cases, but I don't own a Glock 43 or a Kahr CM9 (the best 2 options, IMHO). If I want to AIWB I have to go to a Glock 26, which is not ideal with shorts and a T-shirt but definitely works.

Oh...and you might have to choose size-L instead of all those size-M T-shirts in your drawer.

I pocket carry a S&W 637 in one of those desantis sticky holsters in my left front pocket. I wear a watch on my left because I'm right handed so it might come to someone's surprise that I carry weak side. Especially in cargo shorts, it goes away really well.

And I carry a full size auto on my strong side too.......

Pocket carry or cargo pocket carry are both easy to do with smaller guns and the right holster. I used to use a kydex trigger guard on a TCP in the cargo pant for many summers. Might go back to it because it was so damn easy. I had my wife sew loops inside the pocket, then a piece of paracord looped onto the pocket loop and the holster/trigger guard. When I pulled the gun out, the guard caught and clipped off.

Only downside to this is slower draw times. With practice I was pretty quick though.

I carry my kimber ultra ten II daily in my pocket, with a wad of cash stuffed in front to break up the shape of the gun. It's a .45 acp with a 10rd mag, so it's not exactly a small gun. I also occasionally carry an FN 5.7 handgun iwb with my shirt pulled over it--hard
to hide the 30rd mag tho

I use one of these. After 3 years it's still working as new. Galco pocket protector; got it at Amazon I think.

View attachment 300039

+1 with Doc. For really light/hot weather carry, I carry my Ruger LCP .380 in a similar pocket holster. Only for slacks or dressier shorts, (which I try to avoid like the plague).
For regular wear I use slightly loose cargo shorts with an untucked polo or tee shirt, over an IWB with a little wonder 9.
I never wear a wicking micro fiber shirt under another shirt! If you do that, instead of a cooling shirt it becomes an insulating under garment! I only use cotton wife beater shirts then. I like Champions for that. Unless it's winter, I wear the micro fiber's then, as insulation.
If its fiercely hot I just wear the IWB next to my skin and the outer cotton shirt!
Good luck on finding a rig that suits you!:)

I'm 6'1" and go between 220-270lbs.

Only thing that I've found that works is a light gun in a pair of cargo pants or shorts pocket (hangs loose so it doesn't print like an upper pocket).

OR

I bought a maxpedition fat boy satchel? That goes from one shoulder and rests on the othe hip. Thought I would stand out like a sore thumb advertising I was carrying a gun. Then I remembered its Portland and a quarter of the male population seems to carry some type of bag.

It also holds a few other things I wouldn't normally have the space to keep with me.

If you find something better then I'd be interested in what you find.
Ditto on the Maxpedition. I could be their poster child. If you don't want to invest in their bags then just get one of their modular panels and holster. You can then adapt it to a different bag. I'm also a fan boy of the Versacarry IWB zero bulk clip holsters.

You buy a belt and wear it high and carry on that under your shirt and above your thin pants waistline.

Just got my new Vedder IWB in brown. Love this thing. The other one is my Versacarry. Both are super comfortable and extremely low bulk. The Vedder belt clip can be repositioned for angle and depth. They offer a different clip for wider belts as well. The Versacarry comes in different lengths depending how high or low you want the gun to sit IWB. Both offer extremely discreet and secure carry. I wear each with shorts all the time.

IMG_20160813_120510.jpg IMG_20160813_120518.jpg IMG_20160803_221938.jpg

Dude I would never carry a handgun pointed at my junk!

I'm not a big guy, 5'11" and 185lbs.
I am always wearing shorts and a T-shirt unless it's low 50s or under. And I carry a G26 in a IWB holster, was a galco kingtuk and recently switched to a smaller holster.

I never have an issue. With a little wind you get a lot of printing but it just looks like a cell phone on my belt. Most people won't even notice

My junk has nothing to fear from a mere handgun.

Im somewhere between 5'8 and 5'9 and 210 at the moment, I wear lite shorts all the time with a woven stretchy belt and carry my Shield with just a big shirt over it. I carried for the last 2 days around the house and everywhere else and finally today asked my wife, daughter and her husband if they knew... none of them even noticed and they are family and around me all the time. Dont worry about someone who doesnt know you seeing your CC, they wont notice it believe me!

Im somewhere between 5'8 and 5'9 and 210 at the moment, I wear lite shorts all the time with a woven stretchy belt and carry my Shield with just a big shirt over it. I carried for the last 2 days around the house and everywhere else and finally today asked my wife, daughter and her husband if they knew... none of them even noticed and they are family and around me all the time. Dont worry about someone who doesnt know you seeing your CC, they wont notice it believe me!
Ditto on the woven stretchy belt. It keeps my Kahr 45 in my Versacarry very close. You can bend, reach, roll on the floor, fall down stairs (yup....), climb ladders all in perfect comfort. Stiff, rigid belts have their place but I'm not Johnny Combat any more nor do I require a duty belt (many thanks to those who do though!), I do like to be carry and not be a slave to the bulk of the fitment. But sometimes I do go full Aliengear or Fobus. Mainly Versacarry with the stretchy Web belt though.

5'8" scrawny and squishy around the middle. I will say this, you need a gun belt, or, a belt with the properties of one (stiff/supportive) I have no issues with summer carry, i just transfer my belt to whatever pants/shorts i'm wearing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top