JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have carried 9mm for 30 years, and I think I want to try a 1911.

What I think I am looking for is something not expensive that is simply reliable and typical, it doesn't need to be pretty.

It will be something like a first car. I don't want to be afraid of scratching it or have to take it to a dealership for an oil change....

A right hand holster would be a nice bonus.

Thanks all.

A Para USA GI Expert would be a good starter 1911. It is very reasonably priced (around $500), can be had in stainless, is made in America. For a little more you could also pick up a Remington 1911 R1 ($600) or a Kimber Custom II (around $700). All three are great 1911s that you can build on later if you want to.

Cant go wrong with a base model Springfield and if you like the 1911 platform you can buld it up a little at a time or trade it in on a nicer model.

kimber Custom Carry II -700-800 each
MetroArms American Classic II 450 - 500 each

I own both and both are good tight group shooters. The ACII I got for a play toy. do stuff and if I like it I can do it to my kimber.
I just put Chip McCormick custon thin profile grips (rosewood) on the ACII. It is awesome.

What I think I am looking for is something not expensive that is simply reliable and typical, it doesn't need to be pretty.

It will be something like a first car. I don't want to be afraid of scratching it or have to take it to a dealership for an oil change....

Sounds like a Glock 21 would meet your requirements.:s0113:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top