JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have an '06 Outback. Never had a problem with it, drive it every day. If you don't count ground clearance it will go anywhere my Dodge Dakota, V-8, 4X4 (and that will go anywhere) will go! Maintenance can be a bit expensive. For instance tranny fluid is proprietary, stuff like that. I love this car ! Good mileage, comfortable and roomy! Um....that's roomy except for my legs!;)

I drive a 1996 Legacy L sedan. 162,xxx miles on it. It's tired and about worn out, but it always starts and gets me to and from work. No payment of course. And that bit of snow we had in December didn't even slow me down. Passed many 4x4 trucks with ease.

I gotta admit that I made fun of Subaru's for years, until I bought one for the wife. I ended up driving it all the time.
The best was taking it out on the sand with the family loaded up, and looking at all the the guys with jacked up trucks getting buried to the axle's, while we just floated on thru.
I still drive a 1ton diesel, but the ol' TUNABOAT will always hold a spot in my heart :D

I gotta admit that I made fun of Subaru's for years, until I bought one for the wife. I ended up driving it all the time.
The best was taking it out on the sand with the family loaded up, and looking at all the the guys with jacked up trucks getting buried to the axle's, while we just floated on thru.
I still drive a 1ton diesel, but the ol' TUNABOAT will always hold a spot in my heart :D
I knew that when you came over wearing Birkenstocks with wool socks :D

I just bought a 2016 Crosstrek. We have a Tacoma 4x4 also, but I prefer the Crosstrek. The new CVT transmission is awesome....this coming from a guy who sold his 500hp TwinTurbo Porsche and enjoys driving the Crosstrek more than the Pcar...lol
I heard this are gutless. No?

....or did you mean the Crosstrek? Gutless no, it is actually spirited at times. Is it a monster...hardly. The CVT is interesting and something one needs to get used to. I like it.

No way!!
There's nothing sisy about a Subaru. I was seriously looking at a Forester for a while. Great price, they are built to last, but I couldn't get over the not so great gas mileage for being a 4cyl.

My interest in the CVT comes from my mechanical engineering background working with fans and variable speed systems. I understand it.

I'm on my third Subie (by choice). 84 GL wagon, 08 Impreza and now an 09 Legacy. I've loved them all. I snowboard 1-2 times a week for the past five years and I've never needed studs, snow tires or chains. Ok, chains once but it dumped 12" of snow while I was at Meadows and my car had lowered STI springs and had to snow plow to get out of the parking lot. Once on the road I was fine. Looking at a 2016 Outback limited.

I've never quite got the math on this very typical subject. Spend $30,000 plus dollars to get a 8 to 10 mpg better gas mileage.

You could go buy a 1978 ford/chevy truck for $2000 that gets 9 mpg and spend less money driving that then a new car that's going to lose over 45% of it valve in the first 36 month of ownership.

Being a pilot I see guys all the time buy faster planes that burn over double the amount of fuel just to get from A to B 35 minutes quicker. Just doesn't make sense.

Then there's the insurance on the new vehicle,

Tell me when I should stop typing...............

I've never quite got the math on this very typical subject. Spend $30,000 plus dollars to get a 8 to 10 mpg better gas mileage.

You could go buy a 1978 ford/chevy truck for $2000 that gets 9 mpg and spend less money driving that then a new car that's going to lose over 45% of it valve in the first 36 month of ownership.

Being a pilot I see guys all the time buy faster planes that burn over double the amount of fuel just to get from A to B 35 minutes quicker. Just doesn't make sense.

Then there's the insurance on the new vehicle,

Tell me when I should stop typing...............
Tell us about that boat in your avatar :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top